Fire Bergevin

We need more offence... trading Pacioretty or Subban isn't giving you more offence. Even if you get a similar player back, its a lateral move at best.

Yeah, that's the problem, and the core question: which assets can we realistically leverage to bring back more offence? Sure, Galchenyuk would bring back a near-elite prospect, but that's a lateral move. Same goes for crazy proposals to move Patches and PK: lateral moves at best.

Answers to this question might include

-Beaulieu. Trade a young top-4 defenceman for a young top-3 FW. Could work. Leaves a big hole on the back end.

-Plekanec. IF you think he is on the downside and no longer a legit top-6 FW, you might be able to turn him into a top-6 prospect from a team willing to sell its future for a Cup today- but it's a long shot.

-our 1st round pick. This assumes we fall low enough in the standings to make that a juicy item. But if we do sink that low, then we could draft a rookie who might even be able to help us next year. And why would a team give up a Galchenyuk-type for this pick? Maybe they'd give up a veteran if they're looking to get younger and cheaper. Seems like another long shot.

-minor league assets, e.g., Fucale/McCarron for some other team's promising offensive prospect. Might help us in 2-3 years when the prospect matures.

The only one of these that I really see working is Beaulieu. But if that happens, we'd better make damned sure to sign at least one quality UFA defender.

Guest Stogey24

We need more offence... trading Pacioretty or Subban isn't giving you more offence. Even if you get a similar player back, its a lateral move at best.

Pacioretty's contract is just too good to move too.

If slumps continues maybe Bergevin can move Markov, Emelin, or Plekanec at deadline and land a big name in the summer, eg. Stamkos

Imo, the problems we have now were issues that we identifiable at the end of last season and in camp.

Eller or DD & Tinordi should have been moved for LW scoring depth. This was obvious, at least to me. Either that or adequate room in moving Emelin or Gilbert for proper playing time.

Switching Eller & Galchenyuk in the depth chart and saying everything was fine was some switch-hand magic that I easily caught.

I didn't have faith in Eller on the wing or DD playing 3C. Nor starting the season carrying 8 dmen.

Condon, Scrivens, Tokarski not the answer with a notoriously anemic offense. Imo, I'd ride Fucale. Let Condon spot check. Best case scenario. Hutchinson, Khudobin etc we're/are available and imo better options for securing points.

Imo, this is unfortunately becoming a trend with Bergy. Being too stern with his evaluations and being kind of complacent in his decision making. The PK contract situations comes to mind. I love the asset management, but imo that has to equate to something eventually. Can't always buy low. Sometimes you have to pay the piper to get exactly what you need.

I feel like its been a few season now. Issues that were obvious in the off season were Issues that Bergy spent the season adjusting to. Instead of those things being done before the season starts. This is beginning to frustrate me. I hope the organization is just ahead of its curve in progression. I hope his coup de gras is coming. He preaches balance, yet it seems that lack of balance is exactly the issue at this point in the season.

For one thing, I think we are in a time when the league is changing dramatically and rapidly for management/GM's, especially in Canada, with the tax and failing Canadian dollar, along with the salary cap.

For another, the teams at the top of the charts have drafted well, and no matter what the "core" is, teams still need that influx of young, cheap talent(while it's young) to have a season near the top.

When Bergevin took over, you must admit he had his hands full with a team that finished near last in the NHL, and that was with our super star goalie.

This season, which I consider 1/2-3/4 the way through the "rebuild" from that terrible season, was a wash from the get go, no team would be prepared to lose their goaltender for most of the season, when the team and it's hole filled lineup is built around that super star goalie.

I think Bergevin had ideas to improve the club this season, by as Nihilz said "pay the piper" for team needs, but with the loss of Carey Price, there was no sense spending the assets to make a run, until the extent of Price's time lost was known, once it was, Bergevin is making the right move, and biding his time this year, because who really would have thought the stars would align so that the team lost so many games the way they have.

The prospect pool is looking way better since he took over, and although a lot of fans don't believe in McCarron, Sherbak, Fucale etc., you have to admit, it's not that long ago that Bournival was our best prospect.

A little patience right now is what is needed by both the fan base, and management, and although most of us agree that Kassian for Scrivens wasn't a great trade, Kassian can't even stick in a 4th line role in Edmonton, so no great loss, and what Bergevin did otherwise was just maintain his budget plan to assess the team and adjust accordingly for the dead line.

Bad luck and an injury to the league/world hockey MVP doesn't mean we should start purging the best management team we have had in decades....

The Rangers lost lundquist for a large chunk of the season and didn' collapse the way this sorry bunch has.

For one thing, I think we are in a time when the league is changing dramatically and rapidly for management/GM's, especially in Canada, with the tax and failing Canadian dollar, along with the salary cap.

For another, the teams at the top of the charts have drafted well, and no matter what the "core" is, teams still need that influx of young, cheap talent(while it's young) to have a season near the top.

When Bergevin took over, you must admit he had his hands full with a team that finished near last in the NHL, and that was with our super star goalie.

This season, which I consider 1/2-3/4 the way through the "rebuild" from that terrible season, was a wash from the get go, no team would be prepared to lose their goaltender for most of the season, when the team and it's hole filled lineup is built around that super star goalie.

I think Bergevin had ideas to improve the club this season, by as Nihilz said "pay the piper" for team needs, but with the loss of Carey Price, there was no sense spending the assets to make a run, until the extent of Price's time lost was known, once it was, Bergevin is making the right move, and biding his time this year, because who really would have thought the stars would align so that the team lost so many games the way they have.

The prospect pool is looking way better since he took over, and although a lot of fans don't believe in McCarron, Sherbak, Fucale etc., you have to admit, it's not that long ago that Bournival was our best prospect.

A little patience right now is what is needed by both the fan base, and management, and although most of us agree that Kassian for Scrivens wasn't a great trade, Kassian can't even stick in a 4th line role in Edmonton, so no great loss, and what Bergevin did otherwise was just maintain his budget plan to assess the team and adjust accordingly for the dead line.

Bad luck and an injury to the league/world hockey MVP doesn't mean we should start purging the best management team we have had in decades....

Guest Stogey24

The Rangers lost lundquist for a large chunk of the season and didn' collapse the way this sorry bunch has.

also had a backup who put up sparkling numbers

also had a backup who put up sparkling numbers

Talbot put up better numbers, but the team in front of him performed a hell of a lot better. This team can't score, or defend. No goalie is good night to win 1-0 every game. Hell, with this team, even if the score was 0-0 heading into a shootout, we'd probably lose 1-0, unless we are playing the laughs.

Guest Stogey24

Talbot put up better numbers, but the team in front of him performed a hell of a lot better. This team can't score, or defend. No goalie is good night to win 1-0 every game. Hell, with this team, even if the score was 0-0 heading into a shootout, we'd probably lose 1-0, unless we are playing the laughs.

I'm not defending this black hole of a team, but our goalies ain't helping. Facking Ben Scrivens. Like what was Bergevin thinking

I don't really see the need to shut this down. Is there a particular reason you think it should be?

I don't think it should be either,but playing devils advocate, there is no possibility that he will be fired so the thread is either misnamed or pure fantasy.

There's not another team in the league that relies on one player as much as Montreal does. And it's not even close.

When you take Price out of the picture, it really becomes clear that the team is lacking three top 6 forwards and a top 2 defenceman.

That's on MB. Yeah, he's not getting fired. But he hasn't done much to improve the team.

Guest Stogey24

There's not another team in the league that relies on one player as much as Montreal does. And it's not even close.

When you take Price out of the picture, it really becomes clear that the team is lacking three top 6 forwards and a top 2 defenceman.

That's on MB. Yeah, he's not getting fired. But he hasn't done much to improve the team.

He inherited Price,Pac,Subban,Gallagher and basically Galchenyuk... Like really, what has done thats substantial besides Petry

He gave us Le genius

He inherited Price,Pac,Subban,Gallagher and basically Galchenyuk... Like really what has done thats substantial besides Petry

He inherited Price,Pac,Subban,Gallagher and basically Galchenyuk... Like really, what has done thats substantial besides Petry

That's my point.. he has done nothing to make this his team. No big trade. No impact signing (not even Petry is an impact signing)..

Everybody keeps talking about the good job he's been doing, when really, there's nothing you can point to and say.. Wow, that move really put them over the hump..

He signed, Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Gallagher also.

Yes, Re-Signed those guys! They were all Habs before he arrived.

Name one crucial player MBS has added .. Petry? Weise? That's it!

Ya know I think we are getting a little hysterical when we call for MB to be fired. Prior to December he was a great GM now he is a piece of shite? Come on.

But I do understand that we have to blame somebody so we fire him shoot the coach trade everyone and lynch Molson. That will show them.

I'm not calling for him to be fired. I just think fans are over-rating him a bit based on the fact it's pretty much the same team he walked into.

I just want him to do something major, put his mark on the team, show some direction. Is this who the Habs are? A team that goes as far as Carey carries?

MB has done nothing to say he's a good GM or not. Look at all the great teams in the league.. Everyone of the. Has made sk e major move that worked ...

I think he is over-rated, because compared to a low-life rat like Gauthier he seems like Sam Pollack.

Having said that I hated his early moves and in his first year alone he had a lot more misses, like not signing Subban long-term before the lockout. Signing a washed out Briere, while passing on Jagr. Not doing everything possible to sign Larry Robinson as an assistant coach.

I'm not calling for him to be fired. I just think fans are over-rating him a bit based on the fact it's pretty much the same team he walked into.

I just want him to do something major, put his mark on the team, show some direction. Is this who the Habs are? A team that goes as far as Carey carries?

MB has done nothing to say he's a good GM or not. Look at all the great teams in the league.. Everyone of the. Has made sk e major move that worked ...

Look, 2016 is definitely the year when Zoot Suit has to make some significant moves. It is no longer possible to believe that this team is a contender; even granting (as I tend to do) that the team is significantly better than it's shown in the past two months, no authentic contender would be this bad for this long just because one player goes down. So Zoot is out of excuses. He has to deliver the upgrade.

But it's a question of timing.

First, I'm not prepared to damn him for NOT pulling off the upgrade before now. Sure, it would have been nice, but with the Price Effect and a team was widely viewed as a threat to come out of the East, there was no obvious reason for urgency, no obvious reason to take a risk like trading Beaulieu or going all-in on a massive UFA contract. The Kassian/Semin strategy was a reasonable, low-cost gambit under those happy circumstances. Bergevin could not reasonably have anticipated that Price would suffer a long-term injury, or that the team would do this badly when he did.

Second, I see this season as a write-off and therefore don't believe there's any reason why the upgrade has to happen RIGHT NOW. I'm prepared to wait at least until the end of free agency season before, and probably September even, I start really wringing my hands. So my view is that we cannot go into next season without at least one major addition to the top-6 and, preferably, a top-4 LD. But he's got a while yet to pull that off.

I said it last spring - the move he needed to make was trading Pleks. I would not have moved Beaulieu over the summer unless the return was huge. Pleks is the only guy that could have brought a good return. Instead he was over cautious. This year, he sat around and did nothing letting the confidence of his teams sink further than anyone would have thought possible.

Hell judging by tonight the best trade he made have made is John Scott. I think the goon's got more goals than any hab during the past week.

Look, 2016 is definitely the year when Zoot Suit has to make some significant moves. It is no longer possible to believe that this team is a contender; even granting (as I tend to do) that the team is significantly better than it's shown in the past two months, no authentic contender would be this bad for this long just because one player goes down. So Zoot is out of excuses. He has to deliver the upgrade.

But it's a question of timing.

First, I'm not prepared to damn him for NOT pulling off the upgrade before now. Sure, it would have been nice, but with the Price Effect and a team was widely viewed as a threat to come out of the East, there was no obvious reason for urgency, no obvious reason to take a risk like trading Beaulieu or going all-in on a massive UFA contract. The Kassian/Semin strategy was a reasonable, low-cost gambit under those happy circumstances. Bergevin could not reasonably have anticipated that Price would suffer a long-term injury, or that the team would do this badly when he did.

Second, I see this season as a write-off and therefore don't believe there's any reason why the upgrade has to happen RIGHT NOW. I'm prepared to wait at least until the end of free agency season before, and probably September even, I start really wringing my hands. So my view is that we cannot go into next season without at least one major addition to the top-6 and, preferably, a top-4 LD. But he's got a while yet to pull that off.