Fire Bergevin

I think he is over-rated, because compared to a low-life rat like Gauthier he seems like Sam Pollack.

Having said that I hated his early moves and in his first year alone he had a lot more misses, like not signing Subban long-term before the lockout. Signing a washed out Briere, while passing on Jagr. Not doing everything possible to sign Larry Robinson as an assistant coach.

Signing Armstrong, signing Bouillon, trading for Drewiske as the only deadline deal, giving Eller a 3.5 cap hit gambling he could become a cheap top-6, Briere...player acquisition is horrible.

He's made some great front office moves.

Look, 2016 is definitely the year when Zoot Suit has to make some significant moves. It is no longer possible to believe that this team is a contender; even granting (as I tend to do) that the team is significantly better than it's shown in the past two months, no authentic contender would be this bad for this long just because one player goes down. So Zoot is out of excuses. He has to deliver the upgrade.

But it's a question of timing.

First, I'm not prepared to damn him for NOT pulling off the upgrade before now. Sure, it would have been nice, but with the Price Effect and a team was widely viewed as a threat to come out of the East, there was no obvious reason for urgency, no obvious reason to take a risk like trading Beaulieu or going all-in on a massive UFA contract. The Kassian/Semin strategy was a reasonable, low-cost gambit under those happy circumstances. Bergevin could not reasonably have anticipated that Price would suffer a long-term injury, or that the team would do this badly when he did.

Second, I see this season as a write-off and therefore don't believe there's any reason why the upgrade has to happen RIGHT NOW. I'm prepared to wait at least until the end of free agency season before, and probably September even, I start really wringing my hands. So my view is that we cannot go into next season without at least one major addition to the top-6 and, preferably, a top-4 LD. But he's got a while yet to pull that off.

One thing I like about your posts is that I can just read them.. nod my head sagely, and not have to spend a lot of time thinking. :rofl:

I don't really see the need to shut this down. Is there a particular reason you think it should be?

MB has done a good job as the GM so far. It's not his fault our team went from first to middle of the pack this season. Losing a franchise goaltender does that to any team (with the small exception of Andrew Hammond playing out of his mind good for Ottawa). These fire MT and fire MB threads are such a lull. Much better things to discuss than nitpicking on the easiest scapegoat possible.

Lundquist went down last year and that didn't result in the NYR's looking worse than the Edmonton oilers. I don't think ANY team has collapsed this badly after losing their franchise goalie.

Picking up enough 4th liners to fill 4 lines, instead of picking up scoring is on MB. Trading for Ben frigging Scrivens is on MB.

MB has done a good job as the GM so far. It's not his fault our team went from first to middle of the pack this season. Losing a franchise goaltender does that to any team (with the small exception of Andrew Hammond playing out of his mind good for Ottawa). These fire MT and fire MB threads are such a lull. Much better things to discuss than nitpicking on the easiest scapegoat possible.

Guest Stogey24

If you have much better things to do, then why are you posting in this thread....

This team needs a shake up. It's managements turn to get these guys turned around

If you have much better things to do, then why are you posting in this thread....

This team needs a shake up. It's managements turn to get these guys turned around

Although I agree in principle, but without a healthy Price, there is no over night miracle shake up that will save this season, and when a team keeps changing management because of over blown expectations, you end up with the Toronto Maple Leafs... this season is a wash.

I don't always agree with Bergevin and Therrien, but I really don't see how they can be replaced and the team get anywhere quickly, these threads are just for our venting, we did have 110 pts last year, and we close to being real contenders(with Price) ;).

Trade deadline in a month, so they better start winning to remain in the play off hunt, or we won't see the shake up until Draft day... but I do believe it's coming.

Although I agree in principle, but without a healthy Price, there is no over night miracle shake up that will save this season, and when a team keeps changing management because of over blown expectations, you end up with the Toronto Maple Leafs... this season is a wash.

I don't always agree with Bergevin and Therrien, but I really don't see how they can be replaced and the team get anywhere quickly, these threads are just for our venting, we did have 110 pts last year, and we close to being real contenders(with Price) ;).

Trade deadline in a month, so they better start winning to remain in the play off hunt, or we won't see the shake up until Draft day... but I do believe it's coming.

This pretty much summed up what I was going to reply. It really is a venting thread.

Lundquist went down last year and that didn't result in the NYR's looking worse than the Edmonton oilers. I don't think ANY team has collapsed this badly after losing their franchise goalie.

Picking up enough 4th liners to fill 4 lines, instead of picking up scoring is on MB. Trading for Ben frigging Scrivens is on MB.

You are being very results oriented. Mike Condon was playing lights out and filling a major void at the time they picked up Scrivens. Instead of being a knee jerk reaction GM like so many others have been, Bergevin is holding onto his cards tight looking at the bigger picture as opposed to the microcosm of this season. Now if Price were to come back and the result is the same; that is when finger pointing and shake ups happen. Until then, take a deep breath and know longer term this team will be fine.

This pretty much summed up what I was going to reply. It really is a venting thread.

You are being very results oriented. Mike Condon was playing lights out and filling a major void at the time they picked up Scrivens. Instead of being a knee jerk reaction GM like so many others have been, Bergevin is holding onto his cards tight looking at the bigger picture as opposed to the microcosm of this season. Now if Price were to come back and the result is the same; that is when finger pointing and shake ups happen. Until then, take a deep breath and know longer term this team will be fine.

Mike Condon had been an 880 goaltender for a month at the time they picked up scrivens. they picked up Scrivens on December 27th, nearly 4 full weeks into the skid.

Mike Condon had been an 880 goaltender for a month at the time they picked up scrivens. they picked up Scrivens on December 27th, nearly 4 full weeks into the skid.

Indeed. People forget how utterly atrocious our goaltending was for much of December. Ironically, though, Condon snapped back into form from almost the moment we acquired Scrivens, and has been quite good since then IMHO.

Condom is not now nor has he ever been the problem. Take a look at some other stats, like goals scored, turnovers , and just in general how the process that Le Genius has implemented worked. It has all gone for shite.

Screw it time to go full faith mode.

Price will come back.

The team will rally behind their great leader.

Habs will sneak into the 8th seed.

Demolish the competition.

Win the cup.

Boom.

Ironically, though, Condon snapped back into form from almost the moment we acquired Scrivens, and has been quite good since then IMHO.

I don't think it's ironic, or even a coincidence. Scrivens, at least when they got him, was expected to take on more of the load than Tokarski had been playing. That was a mental relief right there for Condon. Now that it's known that Scrivens isn't going to really do so, that extra pressure has been back on Condon in recent weeks and that happens to coincide with a bit of a dip in his play.

Indeed. People forget how utterly atrocious our goaltending was for much of December. Ironically, though, Condon snapped back into form from almost the moment we acquired Scrivens, and has been quite good since then IMHO.

Supposedly, Tokarski was bitter about his place on the totem pole. Maybe he was giving Condon the evil eye? Why not? This team has had every other issue this year.

Condon, 2.40gaa .907, not bad for rookie goalie.

Don't think Condon, any other rookie, or even young players should have fingers pointed at for blame.

.915 is the current NHL average for save percentage.

So he is 8 points below the "average goalie"

And that is after the fact he was a 920 up to December 1st. Since then he is in the 890s.

Is goaltending the sole reason for the slump? No

Is it part of the reason? Yes.

Not like Scrivens has fared much better though?

0-4 since being acquired with a juicy 3.85 GAA and a .873 save %

It doesn't matter which temporary tender fix you try, it's the team up front that's losing faith game by game the longer Carey is absent.

To make matters worse, it's not like the offensive potency is there during the slide. I attempted to retrieve stats when they give up the first goal through the months of December and January but as far as I know, it would be pretty ugly.

As fans, we need to mentally throw in the towel on this season and be hopeful for 2016-2017. We are steps behind from being a cup contender in 2016. If we were to face Washington or NYR in a 7 game series today with Price, we would likely get the broom treatment anyway. MB is patiently waiting for the off-season as he rightfully should. The only thing I have hopes for is some dead weight dumping to free up cap space @ trade deadline.

Not like Scrivens has fared much better though?

0-4 since being acquired with a juicy 3.85 GAA and a .873 save %

It doesn't matter which temporary tender fix you try, it's the team up front that's losing faith game by game the longer Carey is absent.

To make matters worse, it's not like the offensive potency is there during the slide. I attempted to retrieve stats when they give up the first goal through the months of December and January but as far as I know, it would be pretty ugly.

As fans, we need to mentally throw in the towel on this season and be hopeful for 2016-2017. We are steps behind from being a cup contender in 2016. If we were to face Washington or NYR in a 7 game series today with Price, we would likely get the broom treatment anyway. MB is patiently waiting for the off-season as he rightfully should. The only thing I have hopes for is some dead weight dumping to free up cap space @ trade deadline.

The Rangers have stunk since their hot start. Read Larry Brooks.

32gms left, 13 till trade deadline and only 3 points out of wildcard spot, you really don't think Bergevin has tossed in towel yet.

He has fingers crossed and hoping for some kind of winning streak vs bunch of 'beatable' opponents they face in Feb.

32gms left, 13 till trade deadline and only 3 points out of wildcard spot, you really don't think Bergevin has tossed in towel yet.

He has fingers crossed and hoping for some kind of winning streak vs bunch of 'beatable' opponents they face in Feb.

If Bergevin knows that Price is out for the year, yeah, the towel hit the floor long ago...

Screw it time to go full faith mode.

Price will come back.

The team will rally behind their great leader.

Habs will sneak into the 8th seed.

Demolish the competition.

Win the cup.

Boom.

I like it. Let's do that.

• 4 months later...