Fire Bergevin

46 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

The team has no identity

Under Beregvin's tenure we went from small and speedy, to a goon squad, back to smallish, and now this year I'm not even sure what to consider this team. Putting a strategy together must be a nightmare for Julien. 

Beregvin has zero direction. Which is pretty scary considering we have one more year of price under a manageable contact.

I'm just waiting for what his excuse will be this offseason when he does nothing. Or does something completely irrelevant to team needs. 

He should have doubled down on speed. Instead he accepted this BS narrative about 'toughness', 'character' and leadership. So now we're bigger, older, and slower, but not one fraction better than we were in 2015 when our transition game was among the most feared in hockey. It's as if he thinks we bombed in 2016, not because we had the league's worst goaltending (and inadequate scoring punch to compensate) but because of character deficiencies. Our GM is an unimaginative old-school plodder.

Guest Stogey24
14 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He should have doubled down on speed. Instead he accepted this BS narrative about 'toughness', 'character' and leadership. So now we're bigger, older, and slower, but not one fraction better than we were in 2015 when our transition game was among the most feared in hockey. It's as if he thinks we bombed in 2016, not because we had the league's worst goaltending (and inadequate scoring punch to compensate) but because of character deficiencies. Our GM is an unimaginative old-school plodder.

Who needs goals when you have CHaracter

That character was quoted saying he leaned on radulov to come here and was going to lean on him to stay. If the result is radulov signing in Montreal, then I am all for that character. Trade Weber and radulov for subban? Absolutely

• Upvote 1

It's pretty incredible when you think about it. Last year the team lacked leadership and character. He pumps the team full of leadership and character, but now they are too fragile. How do you fix fragility? You don't. Or rather, it's an impossible request to the coach. And Julien will look to repair it by hiring new assistant coaches. And sometime next season you'll hear how the Habs are now "unbreakable" or "high in resolve" and you'll know it's now worse than buzz words. It's excuses you can't object to.

39 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

It's pretty incredible when you think about it. Last year the team lacked leadership and character. He pumps the team full of leadership and character, but now they are too fragile. How do you fix fragility? You don't. Or rather, it's an impossible request to the coach. And Julien will look to repair it by hiring new assistant coaches. And sometime next season you'll hear how the Habs are now "unbreakable" or "high in resolve" and you'll know it's now worse than buzz words. It's excuses you can't object to.

But how can a team with the Mountain man leader be fragile???

Guest Stogey24

“There’s 30 teams in the league [and] in our view there’s not every team that has a No. 1 centre. There’s teams that don’t have them, and the teams who do have them they’re not going to give them away. We could all be looking for one, so it’s not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

“There’s 30 teams in the league [and] in our view there’s not every team that has a No. 1 centre. There’s teams that don’t have them, and the teams who do have them they’re not going to give them away. We could all be looking for one, so it’s not going to happen.

I'm interpreting his statement this way:  "There's 30 teams in the league, and not one of them is going to trade me their #1 center. I've asked them all and they all said no. So you (the media) can quit asking me about that."

3 hours ago, habscout said:

I'm interpreting his statement this way:  "There's 30 teams in the league, and not one of them is going to trade me their #1 center. I've asked them all and they all said no. So you (the media) can quit asking me about that."

Yeah. That excuse is wearing thin. The center depth when he got here was DD, Plekanec, and Eller with Galchenyuk on the way. Now it's two third line centers and a bunch of fourths with Galchenyuk on the wing. And let's not forget that until he got Radulov, he had three years and a half years without a 1st line RW after he traded Erik Cole. It's a complete, resolute failure in building a forward corps. 

What Bergevin needs to do is go back to being an AGM for a team like 2011-2015 Pittsburgh. He can shift around depth players until he gets a potent gris-gris of grinding character.

Watching the Senators light up Lundqvist makes me want to puke....and it illustrates more than ever that MB needs to go.  It's time to rid this team of excess plumbers, lazy bastards, and guys who have skill but choke when needed most (MAX).  Lundqvist wasn't that great, our crummy team just made him look good by shooting at his crest and being duds on the attack.  He's making JG Pageau look like Mike Bossy or Brett Hull ffs...can't stop shots that are actually heading for corners.  Anderson played like a sieve and the Sens still won...so let this "Carey got outplayed" shit come to an end...Habs are just a pathetic team offensively.  PATHETIC!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Watching the Senators light up Lundqvist makes me want to puke....and it illustrates more than ever that MB needs to go.  It's time to rid this team of excess plumbers, lazy bastards, and guys who have skill but choke when needed most (MAX).  Lundqvist wasn't that great, our crummy team just made him look good by shooting at his crest and being duds on the attack.  He's making JG Pageau look like Mike Bossy or Brett Hull ffs...can't stop shots that are actually heading for corners.  Anderson played like a sieve and the Sens still won...so let this "Carey got outplayed" shit come to an end...Habs are just a pathetic team offensively.  PATHETIC!

The Habs' offence is a joke. Sadly, the same imbecile who misidentified our problem as 'leadership and character' is the guyvwe have to trust to fix it.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs' offence is a joke. Sadly, the same imbecile who misidentified our problem as 'leadership and character' is the guyvwe have to trust to fix it.

Maybe you should tell him what really is needed and how to do it? But, I think he has only addressed the top centre-more offense question 1000 times and simply said he isn't willing to mortgage future to go that route. But, he wanted to at least address the two things you noted which was affordable and fit under the cap.

But, last two seasons he traded up on defense and maybe coming up this year his big deal will be to do likewise up front with one or a couple of current top forwards being dealt for a centre?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Maybe you should tell him what really is needed and how to do it? But, I think he has only addressed the top centre-more offense question 1000 times and simply said he isn't willing to mortgage future to go that route. But, he wanted to at least address the two things you noted which was affordable and fit under the cap.

But, last two seasons he traded up on defense and maybe coming up this year his big deal will be to do likewise up front with one or a couple of current top forwards being dealt for a centre?

Like Patches for Tavares? :o

Or like Big Mac for Yakupov? :angry:

He can't figure out how to address our issues so he does something that we don't need just so he can say that he did something?

He should have been fired already and it pisses me off that he is going to decide what to do this summer. He already said that he can't do it so get someone else who can.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Like Patches for Tavares? :o

Or like Big Mac for Yakupov? :angry:

He can't figure out how to address our issues so he does something that we don't need just so he can say that he did something?

He should have been fired already and it pisses me off that he is going to decide what to do this summer. He already said that he can't do it so get someone else who can.

Incorrect, he said he isn't gonna do what it takes, not that he cant. Any monkey=Mike Milbury, or armchair GM can deal away a roster player or two and picks/prospects for a player. But you see many also whining loudly about weakness in prospect pool and to use it to help get a top six upgrade, will not deepen the pool, nor help the franchise down the road, nor help to get a big deal completed at present. So pick your poison and Bergy is not going for the short fix it seems and dosent look like he will change that strategy anytime soon.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
26 minutes ago, DON said:

Incorrect, he said he isn't gonna do what it takes, not that he cant. Any monkey=Mike Milbury, or armchair GM can deal away a roster player or two and picks/prospects for a player. But you see many also whining loudly about weakness in prospect pool and to use it to help get a top six upgrade, will not deepen the pool, nor help the franchise down the road, nor help to get a big deal completed at present. So pick your poison and Bergy is not going for the short fix it seems and dosent look like he will change that strategy anytime soon.  

Dude, like how can you be happy with what's happening to this team? You shit on basically every post, if it even remotely reference any criticism towards management. I don't get it. 

27 minutes ago, DON said:

Nobody wants us to cripple the team to fix a hole.

We do not have that long before our core ingredients start to go off. If we don't get the complimentary spices to go with our core ingredients and cook them soon then we will have to throw them away and start over.

We need our GM to act.

Adding pieces that we didn't need does not help us. We need someone savvy enough to compliment our team where we are weak without crippling us. It has been done many times by many teams and it needs to be done here.

56 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Dude, like how can you be happy with what's happening to this team? You shit on basically every post, if it even remotely reference any criticism towards management. I don't get it. 

What is unclear in this post? What don't you get? What do you disagree with in it?

1 hour ago, DON said:

Wasn't 'shittting' on his post, simply clarifying and pointing out a big reason why he hasn't traded for the centre.

He can't mortgage the future to add a top six centre. But he also hired people to run scouting and development that have provided no future to the team. So now he has an excuse in not adding a top six centre and playing a third line sophomore on the top line. Even though it's a huge spotlight on what a terrible job he has done as general manager.

Every level of management on this club, save for, "Finding good value rehab projects", is a failure for Bergevin. But it's okay! They are a good team in the regular season!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Im teeter tottering on the first part of this one. Even before the season, it was obvious that our offensive lines were not up there with some other contenders. The hope was that Carey could be Carey and that our defense would be solid. 

On the other hand, I feel as though a lot of our top end players also underachieved. I think that every one of Galchenyuk, Gallagher and even Radulov can be better than they were this season.  In all honesty, many of the predicted point totals for Radulov on here had higher expectations than his actual final totals. 

Byron and Danault overachieved but on my ideal team, they're both pieces of our third line with someone like Shaw.

I agree though, we need more in the top 6 but we're not more than two pieces away from being fine. The Habs offense was 'pathetic' this season, but it is better than it demonstrated. 

With all that in place, I do believe Pacioretty and Radulov need a better supporting cast. The same people crapping on Pacioretty are also complaining that the rest of our players are plumbers. If you ask me who I'd rather be my captain between Mike Fisher (Nashville game is on) and Max Pacioretty, I'd take Pacioretty every day of the week. Why don't Nashville predators care as much? His supporting cast is about 4 times better and so his slumps can be supported.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

With all that in place, I do believe Pacioretty and Radulov need a better supporting cast. The same people crapping on Pacioretty are also complaining that the rest of our players are plumbers. If you ask me who I'd rather be my captain between Mike Fisher (Nashville game is on) and Max Pacioretty, I'd take Pacioretty every day of the week. Why don't Nashville predators care as much? His supporting cast is about 4 times better and so his slumps can be supported.

Wait, what?

Fisher is a 36 year old third line centre playing on the second line because Ribeiro couldn't be put up with anymore.

Should he have a point by now? Absolutely. Is he a better leader than Pacioretty? Has been his entire NHL career. 

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

People overreact to the letter C.

Having a C doesn't make someone a better or worse player. 

Leaders lead.  Letter or not. 

Who has the C is the most overdone and pointless discussion in sports. 

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

People overreact to the letter C.

Having a C doesn't make someone a better or worse player. 

Leaders lead.  Letter or not. 

Who has the C is the most overdone and pointless discussion in sports. 

That's your opinion 

I fully share the general pessimistic view expressed here. For me too MB should not be our GM anymore. He has failed to improve the team. He has no methods, nobody can look at what he has done so far and understand what is his plan, and -- worse -- if he has one.

I am so disappointed by the way we lost to the Rangers, and by the lack of potential that I see in our farm system, that I truly believe that next season will be the beginning of a long stretch of really bad seasons. My prediction is that we are at risk of being eliminated from the Stanley Cup series for a long time. It's as bad as that.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JCPetit said:

I fully share the general pessimistic view expressed here. For me too MB should not be our GM anymore. He has failed to improve the team. He has no methods, nobody can look at what he has done so far and understand what is his plan, and -- worse -- if he has one.

I am so disappointed by the way we lost to the Rangers, and by the lack of potential that I see in our farm system, that I truly believe that next season will be the beginning of a long stretch of really bad seasons. My prediction is that we are at risk of being eliminated from the Stanley Cup series for a long time. It's as bad as that.

Sucks to be you then!:blink:

On 4/30/2017 at 3:42 PM, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Wait, what?

Fisher is a 36 year old third line centre playing on the second line because Ribeiro couldn't be put up with anymore.

Should he have a point by now? Absolutely. Is he a better leader than Pacioretty? Has been his entire NHL career. 

I had Fisher on my fantasy team for most of the year this year. Doesn't change the fact that I'd take Pacioretty on my team as my captain over Mike Fisher on my team as my captain any day of the week.

i think Max is a fine captain but would have been just as fine with Weber, Plekanec or Markov being captain prior to last season. The only one of those who could really take it over anymore would be Weber but I don't think we're there yet. Jumbo Joe and Brown had it for years before it was stripped.