Fire Bergevin

5 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

But he signs Ales Hemsky as the 10th top 9 guy with Hudon in the minors.

I'm pretty sure Hemsky will be slotted in the LTIR...

• Upvote 1

On 2017-07-12 at 5:41 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Here's a good read of an evaluation of the habs moves this summer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/three-biggest-losers-nhl-off-season-far/

have to say - it's pretty much exactly how I feel

From that article:

The battle with their 38-year-old career-long Hab on his contract might be the most puzzling thing of all — especially when you take into account the rumours that Montreal was sniffing out the possibility of bringing back expansion draft pick Alexei Emelin.

Is the writer advocating that the Habs should just cave to Markov's 2/12 demands?  That wouldn't be very smart.  And Alexei Emelin was traded to Nashville more than a week ago so no, they're not sniffing around the possibility of bringing him back.  That's pretty lazy writing there to miss something that obvious.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

From that article:

Is the writer advocating that the Habs should just cave to Markov's 2/12 demands?  That wouldn't be very smart.  And Alexei Emelin was traded to Nashville more than a week ago so no, they're not sniffing around the possibility of bringing him back.  That's pretty lazy writing there to miss something that obvious.

That article is dumb. 

It calls the Habs the third worst team in the off-season. 

Then it looks at Washington and goes all advanced stats, posting Sean Tierneys GAR advanced stats chart as its reason why for the bottom two teams.  Look where the Habs are in that chart. 

So Washington and Chicago are the two worst cause the advanced stats, but the Habs are third cause other reasons, even when the chart shows that they have small improvement.  That chart also assumes Markov is gone and the Habs don't spend their remaining $9.5 million in cap space. 

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That article is dumb. 

It calls the Habs the third worst team in the off-season. 

Then it looks at Washington and goes all advanced stats, posting Sean Tierneys GAR advanced stats chart as its reason why for the bottom two teams.  Look where the Habs are in that chart. 

So Washington and Chicago are the two worst cause the advanced stats, but the Habs are third cause other reasons, even when the chart shows that they have small improvement.  That chart also assumes Markov is gone and the Habs don't spend their remaining $9.5 million in cap space. 

Interesting graph there ?

3 hours ago, lazy26 said:

I'm pretty sure Hemsky will be slotted in the LTIR...

75-76-75gms in 3 yrs before hip surgery last year, so who knows, but that is still a nice pessimistic outlook you got there.:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DON said:

75-76-75gms in 3 yrs before hip surgery last year, so who knows, but that is still a nice pessimistic outlook you got there.:popcorn:

Why thanks!

Honestly, I carry a grudge from 2009 when I had drafted him pretty high in all of my fantasy leagues... and he played all of 22 games.  Can't shake the feeling that he's a bandaid boy, but sit corrected to see the decent GP the last 3 years.

11 hours ago, lazy26 said:

Why thanks!

Honestly, I carry a grudge from 2009 when I had drafted him pretty high in all of my fantasy leagues... and he played all of 22 games.  Can't shake the feeling that he's a bandaid boy, but sit corrected to see the decent GP the last 3 years.

Hey, for the price, even if ends up injured, is worth the risk that he can be a solid 3rd line RW and don't they say he is pretty good defensively, so at least he shouldn't hurt the team when out there. Will need to wait and see if surgery has slowed him up too much though? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stogey24
28 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Markov being pushed out the door is the last straw for me....I want this useless motherfawker fired!

The same thing happened with Radulov. I don't care what anyone says. Bergevin played hardball and these guys basically said #### you then 

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

The same thing happened with Radulov. I don't care what anyone says. Bergevin played hardball and these guys basically said #### you then 

Must be nice to have inside scoop on free agent discussions. Any more insider stuff you can share?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

Must be nice to have inside scoop on free agent discussions. Any more insider stuff you can share?

Don, if Mark down Mark doesn't have a plan for 8.5 million to improve this team, I think even you will agree he should be fired. I am willing to wait and see what he does now. BUT there better be a plan. and not just some my dick is longer than yours, which is what we have seen so far. I agree with this and Rads move, if there is a plan in place to improve team.

50 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Don, if Mark down Mark doesn't have a plan for 8.5 million to improve this team, I think even you will agree he should be fired. I am willing to wait and see what he does now. BUT there better be a plan. and not just some my dick is longer than yours, which is what we have seen so far. I agree with this and Rads move, if there is a plan in place to improve team.

I'm not heavily on the fire Bergevin wagon as there is only really so much he can do. I was pretty upset about Radulov but I don't think Radulov gave him much of a choice.

With that being said, our GM did seemingly get burned on a couple of occasions this off season. We can talk about Plan X,Y and Z but the truth is the Plan was to get both Radulov and Markov signed, so if this works out, I'm not sold that praise should be given due to premeditated genius.

We signed Alzner because he was the best available and we signed Streit because we needed a little more puck movement coming from a player who has a left curve on his stick.

Well guess what, sometimes the best player available still isn't what you're looking for. I know I'm going to like Alzner but heading into the off season he wasn't the type of player we were (should have been) targeting. He's a nice bonus *in addition* to that top pairing defenseman but he's not that piece.

We'll still have a decent squad next season but I think this off season was a mess.

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, DON said:

The writing is on the wall bud. Bergevin's nuts are just blocking your view 

8.5M in caproom, Markov willing to accept a oneyeardeal and MB declining? He better have a Tavares or something coming in before season starts or he should be fired.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

...if Mark down Mark doesn't have a plan for 8.5 million to improve this team...

So perhaps he has overlooked that bit? Is that what you are thinking?

17 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

The writing is on the wall bud. Bergevin's nuts are just blocking your view 

What is with the lame childish references lately? 

So you actually don't know anything more than rest of us, but just like putting your pessimistic spin on all things Habs related eh. Sad!

the blacklash he is getting today was completely avoidable, unless he has something in the works behind the scenes that signing Markov to a 6mill or more for 1 year would interfere with, there was no reason why a one year deal around 6 million was not signed.

He has a couple months to reveal the "See this is what I was trying to do" move, otherwise this was a wasted off season where the team took no progressive steps forward, big or small, and may have only moved laterally at best, or got a a little worse than last season. At this point, right now, as we speak, the blame for that lies at his feet. He better hope he gets something big done with his 8.5 million, otherwise the executioner should be sharpening his axe, and Price should be looking at him like "So this is the great contender you promised me if I signed long term".

sooner or later, even the most optimistic people need to look at him and admit they are getting tired of loyally following him down a path only he seems to be able to see..

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
12 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Yeah Stogey, that wasn't called for. Don's opinion is just as valid as yours is. You don't have to agree.

Good view, eh

25 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I'm done. It was nothing personal. I was just trying to give him hard time 

It wasn't?  Sure looked like it.

Let me make this clear to all posters moving forward as evidently it's not to everyone already: Personal attacks are bad enough but anything with a sexual reference, implicitly implied or explicitly stated, is categorically and unequivocally unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

I am on the fire Bergevin train after this one.

Team had a massive weakness in transition (major reason why our offense was dogshit) now we have absolutely no defenseman who can fill that role for more than 15 minutes a night? Guys who either cant stay healthy or in the lineup? Great.

Is Schlemko going to be leading our breakout? Streit? Good lord help us if they for check we are done :))

Hears hoping Davidson turns into a God. 

Guest Stogey24
59 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It wasn't?  Sure looked like it.

Let me make this clear to all posters moving forward as evidently it's not to everyone already: Personal attacks are bad enough but anything with a sexual reference, implicitly implied or explicitly stated, is categorically and unequivocally unacceptable.

Holy man. Tight knit around here 

The habs D was very slow and immobile. 

The Replacements are much better skaters, except Streit probably. 

For this reason alone i think they will move the puck out of there zone. Markov's brain and hockey sense is still fantastic, unfortunately he can't skate anymore. 

I think if Jerebek turns out to be decent, i think they will be fine.

This team is all about Price period. Hopefully the offense wakes up