Fire Bergevin

Honestly,  if he can't make a good trade for a bona fide 1C prospect,  or get a FA on a reasonable contract, I would prefer he do nothing.  Do not want stasny for 7 million 6 years or some other fatal choice.

6 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

https://www.tsn.ca/bergevin-drouin-can-fill-a-role-at-centre-1.1098678

Sounds like MB is already preparing us for yet another offseason failure to get quality centers.

Sounds like adding two quality top six centres, as well as a top 4 d-man aint happening in one off-season.

So seems absolutely no surprise and logical to say Drouin will spend some time at centre.

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Sounds like adding two quality top six centres, as well as a top 4 d-man aint happening in one off-season.

So seems absolutely no surprise and logical to say Drouin will spend some time at centre.

What about 6 off seasons? 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hey, give him another 6. Let's not be impatient here. - sincerely, Geoff Molson

What I don't understand is why Molson signed Bergevin to a six year extension. I mean, did Molson really believe that if he signed Bergevin to a three year contract, he would walk after year three... Come on. Six years was way too much. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

I'll give you the "no surprise" part, but "logical"?  Based on his horrid play at center last season, there's nothing logical about having him play that position this season.

Bergevin is an incompetent jackass.

3 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Drouin has all the makings to be a star, but trading our top prospect for a winger was a mistake 

I dont hate the trade

i hate that it took till his sixth off-season in charge to pull the trigger on trying to get a C

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont hate the trade

i hate that it took till his sixth off-season in charge to pull the trigger on trying to get a C

Actually, was all of a couple months into 1st off-season, by drafting Galchenyuk.

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Drafted a guy and then didnt develop him at the position by letting his coach leave him at wing for four years

"coaches" including Muller...and Gallant wasn't he?

Galchenyuk and Poehling were drafted as centers. Poehling seems to have top 6 (2C?) potential. They traded for Danault who can be a good 2C. I think they turned Hudon into a center (AHL?) and that he did well, but they have't tried him at C in the NHL. Maybe he could be a Desharnais-type (2C?) but that is stretching it.

I don't know the projected ceiling for Evans, but he looked good in the NCAA.

They have tried, but failed in developing centers.

From day one bergevin said danault was the replacement for eller.  They knew he wasnt a top center.

On hudon, Trying a fifth round pick at centre in the ahl and hoping thats a top 6 centre for your team is desperation at best.

Evans is going to the ahl now and poehling is still in college.  That's not solving the issues now.

The fact is here is how montreal started the season at centre every year of bergevins tenure.

12-13. Desharnais plekanec eller

13-14 Desharnais Plekanec Eller

14-15 Desharnais Plekanec Eller

15-16 Desharnais Plekanec Eller 

16-17 Galchenyuk Plekanec Danault (galchenyuk experiment ended at midseason)

17-18 Drouin Plekanec Danault 

It took him 6 years to pull the trigger and take a swing on Drouin.

Maybe.

Maybe moving to centre isnt instant and it takes time to learn the position.  Im fine with leaving him as one of the top 2 centres (another must be acquired though)

The biggest issue with galchenyuk was never letting him grow in the position ans sticking him back at wing after every bad game.  There is no way to grow there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Maybe.

Maybe moving to centre isnt instant and it takes time to learn the position.  Im fine with leaving him as one of the top 2 centres (another must be acquired though)

The biggest issue with galchenyuk was never letting him grow in the position ans sticking him back at wing after every bad game.  There is no way to grow there.

When Muller would have post-practice heated (animated, however catagorize it) on-ice discussions with Galchenyuk, what do you think they discussed mostly?

Discussion isn't the same as putting him in the position and seeing if he can succeed. 

with Drouin they are allowing him to work through and correct mistakes. 

with Galchenyuk, the first bad game meant going back to wing. 

Thats the difference. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Discussion isn't the same as putting him in the position and seeing if he can succeed. 

Thats the difference. 

At best, tribal politics.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

From day one bergevin said danault was the replacement for eller.  They knew he wasnt a top center.

On hudon, Trying a fifth round pick at centre in the ahl and hoping thats a top 6 centre for your team is desperation at best.

Evans is going to the ahl now and poehling is still in college.  That's not solving the issues now.

The fact is here is how montreal started the season at centre every year of bergevins tenure.

12-13. Desharnais plekanec eller

13-14 Desharnais Plekanec Eller

14-15 Desharnais Plekanec Eller

15-16 Desharnais Plekanec Eller 

16-17 Galchenyuk Plekanec Danault (galchenyuk experiment ended at midseason)

17-18 Drouin Plekanec Danault 

It took him 6 years to pull the trigger and take a swing on Drouin.

I agree that Hudon is not a realistic solution, and I am ok with Drouin centering the second line.

But unless the CH acquires a dominant 1C we are stuck with the 3rd line center filling in and DLR 

Bergevin struck out on getting or developing a first line center. Agreed, but the arganizatuonbhas been trying g to do with what it has in the system 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Thats the difference. 

100%

• 3 weeks later...

I hope he dies.  Soon.  Faulty breaks, a sinkhole, a small meteorite...something and SOON for the love of God, before he does any more damage than he already has.

It's the only hope, because our feckless owner won't fire the dumb motherf**ker.