Fire Bergevin

Just when I had convinced myself that as bad off as the Habs are, Ottawa was worse off....it's as if MB heard me and said "Oh, you think so?  Hold my beer...."

What is left?  Praying he has a massive heart attack, or misses a corner at high speed?  We have a moron owner who knows NOTHING about hockey that refuses to fire one of the worst GMs in the league, and will allow him to dig the hole even further.  An act of God is our only chance.  FFS

• Upvote 1

To those who downvoted me when I suggested MB deserved to be thrown from the box he was in to his death last season...you can kiss my a$$.  I was right...the proof keeps piling up.

3 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

To those who downvoted me when I suggested MB deserved to be thrown from the box he was in to his death last season...you can kiss my a$$.  I was right...the proof keeps piling up.

Well...he has fewer more vehement critics than me, but I'll pass on the Putin polonium strategy for getting rid of him, thanks.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well...he has fewer more vehement critics than me, but I'll pass on the Putin polonium strategy for getting rid of him, thanks.

Polonium...even better!  More pain and suffering, much like we fans have had to endure and will surely endure next season also.  Why didn't I think of that?

I had forgotten that I changed my avatar to Putin as a result of that thread, actually...thanks for the reminder :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

We were once a team on the cusp of maybe winning a Stanley cup. In 5 years Bergevin destroyed the window of opportunity.

As far as I am concerned, this one is on Molson. He had all the reason in the world to let MB go, and what does he do--- KEEP HIM ?????

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sbhatt said:

I hope he dies.  Soon.  Faulty breaks, a sinkhole, a small meteorite...something and SOON for the love of God, before he does any more damage than he already has.

It's the only hope, because our feckless owner won't fire the dumb motherf**ker.

He is now officially worse than Houle!!

4 hours ago, Metallica said:

Oh man I hate to see what he gets for Pacioretty.

Lucic.

Does anyone know what Bergevin plan is ??? If so can someone explain it to me.

He hasn't made a good trade since the vank trade.

With 17mil in cap space I am so scared as to who he is going to over pay for.

I am at a lost of words on this. If he is trying to be the worst GM in the organization history, he's doing a great job.

29 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Does anyone know what Bergevin plan is ??? If so can someone explain it to me.

He hasn't made a good trade since the vank trade.

With 17mil in cap space I am so scared as to who he is going to over pay for.

I am at a lost of words on this. If he is trying to be the worst GM in the organization history, he's doing a great job.

He is definitely encroaching upon Houle territory at this point.

All I can think of is that he really does believe his own bull-spittle about "character" and "attitude." Everybody loves Domi's pluck and heart. So in the withered, damaged peanut that passes for Bergevin's mind, "better character" means "better player." Despite Galy's considerably higher talent ceiling, Domi is "better" than Galy on this way of seeing things, just as Weber was "better" than Subban.

The team is basically being GMed by Don Cherry. Old School Character counts for more than production, talent, or wins. Seeing things through this lens helps to explain much of MB's behaviour, I believe.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

All I can think of is that he really does believe his own bull-spittle about "character" and "attitude." Everybody loves Domi's pluck and heart. So in the withered, damaged peanut that passes for Bergevin's mind, "better character" means "better player." Despite Galy's considerably higher talent ceiling, Domi is "better" than Galy on this way of seeing things, just as Weber was "better" than Subban.

The team is basically being GMed by Don Cherry. Old School Character counts for more than production, talent, or wins. Seeing things through this lens helps to explain much of MB's behaviour, I believe.

On that note.....this organization isn't going to see a Stanley cup finals or cup win in a very.....very........very.........very  long time.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well it was nice seeing ovechkin win this year and how the Russian that didn’t care about the Stanley cup (because he didn’t grow up dreaming about it becaus he is Russian), celebrate the win. I guess next year it would be nice seeing Subban or Laine win it, because it’s pointless hoping the habs win with MB at the helm.

Bergevin traded one problem for the same problem just cheaper, and people are still trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has traded away top end talent and got back not nearly enough for them. 

I feel like he is trying to get himself fired but Moslon wont do it. Much like that episode of Seinfeld where George was trying to get fired from the NYY.

11 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If Galchenyuk plays center in Arizona and thrives, that has to be the end of Bergevin, right?

At this point, one has to wonder if Galchenyuk and Sergachev both having incredible seasons would be enough...Molson seems spellbound.

42 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

If Galchenyuk plays center in Arizona and thrives, that has to be the end of Bergevin, right?

No Moslon/Bergevin seem to be the new Lee/snow  of the NHL.  Only way Bergevin gets fired is if someone goes over the head of Moslon, or Molson steps down from hockey operations.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

No Moslon/Bergevin seem to be the new Lee/snow  of the NHL.  Only way Bergevin gets fired is if someone goes over the head of Moslon, or Molson steps down from hockey operations.

Who’s Lee??