Fire Bergevin

4 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

If Drouin replaces radulov, and there is no top 6 upgrade this year, the loss of serg will be for nothing. 

No. It will be the loss of radulov, galchenyuk, markov and sergechev for Drouin and markov's replacement.  Than MB will have graduated with honours from the Rejean Houle school of management.

as far as Molson goes, well the apple hasn't fallen to far.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I still think Drouin will replace both radulov and galchenyuk 

Maaan come on...killing my buzz, can't we pretend MB is not going to ruin the team further?

10 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Idiotic game plan, innit? Give up the organization's premier prospect that fills a great need to get what you can get for free.

I was just wondering if Markie played with a helmet, I mean it would explain a lot.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24
44 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

If Drouin replaces radulov, and there is no top 6 upgrade this year, the loss of serg will be for nothing. 

Yup, completely redundant

50 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Yup, completely redundant

That's what a lot of us said when the trade was made: good trade IF Drouin is added to the core. But trading Sergachev in order to tread water? OUCH.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That's what a lot of us said when the trade was made: good trade IF Drouin is added to the core. But trading Sergachev in order to tread water? OUCH.

Completely defeats a win now scenario. It's actually a downgrade because you give away sergachev for nothing. Drouin replaces radulov. Sergachev is gone. 

19 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Completely defeats a win now scenario. It's actually a downgrade because you give away sergachev for nothing. Drouin replaces radulov. Sergachev is gone. 

We didn't give away Sergachev for nothing. We got Drouin for him, a younger high potential star forward for him I might add. It really has nothing to do with Radulov, at this point it's up to him if he wants to return, he either comes back or he doesn't. MB is not going to bend to his demands.

It sounds like they want to give Chucky another try and I'm all for it.

13 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

We didn't give away Sergachev for nothing. We got Drouin for him, a younger high potential star forward for him I might add. It really has nothing to do with Radulov, at this point it's up to him if he wants to return, he either comes back or he doesn't. MB is not going to bend to his demands.

It sounds like they want to give Chucky another try and I'm all for it.

It's true that if we didn't acquire Drouin, we still may have lost Radulov. In that sense, it's a defendable move.

What's somewhat of an issue is that MB has given a final offer to Radulov which MB fully "expected" would be "good enough". As a result of signing Drouin and Price, he literally doesn't have wiggle room. If it becomes an issue of 500k-1 million and we lose Radulov because of that amount, it wasn't handled well. What people are saying in a different way is that we could have had Radulov and Sergachev because Sergachev's contract is cheap or Drouin. I think we should have had the upper hand on Radulov and hopefully it still works out. If we keep Radulov, Drouin and Galchenyuk, only then is the move that included Sergachev really favorable for us.

I've made a point on not commenting on the topic until now, because losing Radulov is something I am not willing to fathom. 

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It's true that if we didn't acquire Drouin, we still may have lost Radulov. In that sense, it's still defensible move.

What's somewhat of an issue is that MB has given a final offer to Radulov which MB fully "expected" would be "good enough". As a result of signing Drouin and Price, he literally doesn't have wiggle room. If it becomes an issue of 500k-1 million and we lose Radulov because of that amount, it wasn't handled well. What people are saying in a different way is that we could have had Radulov and Sergachev because Sergachev's contract is cheap or Drouin. I think we should have had the upper hand on Radulov and hopefully it still works out. If we keep Radulov, Drouin and Galchenyuk, only then is the move that included Sergachev really favorable for us.

I've made a point on not commenting on the topic until now, because losing Radulov is something I am not willing to fathom. 

I don't agree with that at all then. Getting Drouin is a great move in and of itself. This kid could become a star. So could Sergachev but IMO Drouin is a little more proven.

In regards to getting Radulov it seems that a lot of teams are not biting on him and it's between Dallas and Montreal. GMs don't want to shill out long term for a guy like Radulov and that seems to be where MB is holding firm and honestly I agree with it. 

Drouin is a good player but so is Radulov. Sergachev was our replacement for Markov and now we still need one. 

The difference with Radulov and the other teams involved is that they won't be losing him, they'd only be gaining. We can't really afford to lose him even with the addition of Drouin.

It hasn't happened and probably won't but if you're fine with adding Alzner and Drouin versus losing Galchenyuk, Sergachev, Radulov, Markov, Beaulieu and Emelin then by all means. I would have preferred keeping Radulov and Sergachev over Alzner and Drouin and that's only two of them. 

Drouin is a great player and no one is unhappy about the move on its own, but I can't imagine we wouldn't have kept Radulov+ out of that list without it even becoming an issue if we didn't make a trade which included our best prospect for Drouin.

Everyone acts like Sergachev is a sure fire thing to be a world class #1 D-man in the NHL, I live in Windsor fellas, and I can tell you while he remains one of the top OHL talents this season, he did not progress or have the season most of us thought he would. Kid still has ways to go before he can even be considered a top 4 in this league, can't act like you know he is going to be the next Ekblad, because you don't, no one does.

Drouin however, has already proven to be dynamic and productive at a young age in the NHL playoffs, during NHL regular season, and most importantly without being the supporting cast of Stamkos. Kucherov and Him carried Tampa's offense last year. His ceiling is so much higher than Radulov's at this point, Drouin could easily have a meteoric rise much like the Seguins, Schiefeles, and Gaudreaus of this world.

A class Radulov can no longer be a part of, his best at this stage are 50 something point seasons, Drouin's best can be near PPG seasons. While i agree if Radulov doesn't resign we are not upgraded next year upfront, I have little doubt that if Drouin already nearly out produced him last season, he will begin to out produce him by larger numbers in the coming years. At that point the upgrade of the Player for Player will become more obvious. While we still would need some top 6 help, count me as one of those who won't be losing sleep if the #1 RW in Montreal for the next 3 to 4 years is named Drouin instead of Radulov. You can count me down for losing sleep if we don't add something of worth to that top 6 in the next little while, because that would be a setback to any plan trying to win in the next 3 to 5 years.

20 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Everyone acts like Sergachev is a sure fire thing to be a world class #1 D-man in the NHL, I live in Windsor fellas, and I can tell you while he remains one of the top OHL talents this season, he did not progress or have the season most of us thought he would. Kid still has ways to go before he can even be considered a top 4 in this league, can't act like you know he is going to be the next Ekblad, because you don't, no one does.

Drouin however, has already proven to be dynamic and productive at a young age in the NHL playoffs, during NHL regular season, and most importantly without being the supporting cast of Stamkos. Kucherov and Him carried Tampa's offense last year. His ceiling is so much higher than Radulov's at this point, Drouin could easily have a meteoric rise much like the Seguins, Schiefeles, and Gaudreaus of this world.

A class Radulov can no longer be a part of, his best at this stage are 50 something point seasons, Drouin's best can be near PPG seasons. While i agree if Radulov doesn't resign we are not upgraded next year upfront, I have little doubt that if Drouin already nearly out produced him last season, he will begin to out produce him by larger numbers in the coming years. At that point the upgrade of the Player for Player will become more obvious. While we still would need some top 6 help, count me as one of those who won't be losing sleep if the #1 RW in Montreal for the next 3 to 4 years is named Drouin instead of Radulov. You can count me down for losing sleep if we don't add something of worth to that top 6 in the next little while, because that would be a setback to any plan trying to win in the next 3 to 5 years.

The point is that having Sergechev in the fold was one of those the reasons mentioned for the Subban  trade.  Young dmen take time.  Sergechev is tending in the right direction and was the best D prospect we had in a LONG time.  

At the same stage of development, McDonough wasn't considered to be a sure fire #1 dman and I hated that deal the moment it was made.  When you have a dman prospect like that you have to hold on to them, because they are hard to get.  If we still had Subban, I wouldn't be as concerned - still hate to lose him, but at least we still would have had a dynamic puck moving dman.  Who do we have now Petry??  He's not a top pair dman.  Weber has a great shot, solid defensively, but not as good at this stage as Subban.  Sergechev could have been that guy and helped our D next year.  

As it is, if we don't resign radulov AND keep galchenyuk, offensively we won't be any better than last year.  On D without Markov, we are weaker.  I get the narrative that Alzner is replacing emelin, but let's face it, emelin had no business being in the top 4 - that was just one of a long list of MT's stupid coaching decisions.  If we lose Markov and all we've added to our top 4 is Alzner, we are also weaker on D.

lastly, I think galchenyuk and Drouin are probably equal talents with equal potential. So unless we keep both, all we've accomplished  is another one of MB's long string of lateral moves.

Radulov is a great player and I want him back but the term needs to make sense we can't just give everyone what they want.

The difference between Drouin and Radulov is that Drouin is much younger has more potential and becomes a core player far longer than Radulov does.

Sergachev was our Markov replacement but we do have a lot of promising D prospects but not a bunch of forward ones.

We haven't lost Galchenyuk and Markov and Radulov we are trying to sign but for the right price. I don't really care for Beaulieu or Emelin really they have already been replaced with IMO better players.

I keep saying this Radulov has nothing to do with the other signings/trades unless of course you think we should just give him what he's demanding.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The point is that having Sergechev in the fold was one of those the reasons mentioned for the Subban  trade.  Young dmen take time.  Sergechev is tending in the right direction and was the best D prospect we had in a LONG time.  

At the same stage of development, McDonough wasn't considered to be a sure fire #1 dman and I hated that deal the moment it was made.  When you have a dman prospect like that you have to hold on to them, because they are hard to get.  If we still had Subban, I wouldn't be as concerned - still hate to lose him, but at least we still would have had a dynamic puck moving dman.  Who do we have now Petry??  He's not a top pair dman.  Weber has a great shot, solid defensively, but not as good at this stage as Subban.  Sergechev could have been that guy and helped our D next year.  

As it is, if we don't resign radulov AND keep galchenyuk, offensively we won't be any better than last year.  On D without Markov, we are weaker.  I get the narrative that Alzner is replacing emelin, but let's face it, emelin had no business in the top 4.  If we lose Markov and all we've added to our top 4 is Alzner, we are also weaker on D.

I agree.

Sign Radulov and Galchenyuk and we can compete with some savvy deadline moves and actually that's due in part to having acquired Drouin for a win now mentality this season. 

If we don't, I can see the side that it was a mistake to trade Sergachev and having Sergachev in the pipeline was one of the reasons that people argued the Subban trade would turn out alright in the long term. 

Unlike McDonaugh though, we didn't just trade Sergachev for Gomez here, its Jonathan Drouin, a super young, extremely talented, top 20 under 23 in this league type of talent.

You want to talk about finding elite dmen being difficult, but oversee the fact it is dificult to find any elite talent. We had to poop the bed to get the only elite young talent we have on this team in Galchenyuk, now we also have Drouin, who is likely even a knotch above. Getting a player like Drouin is also not easy, we have spent 10 years drafting forwards with far less impact than him, yet in those 10 years we managed to grab McDonaugh, Subban, and Sergachev, tell me again about the unmatched difficulty in finding elite d-men vs forwards.

Make no mistake, Jonathan Drouin has just as much chance to be an Elite top line forward in this league as Sergachev has to be an Elite top pair Dman, maybe even more so. Let us not forget that reality and trick ourselves into thinking Drouin is a decent consolation prize, we may have very well spent the next 10 years drafting forwards not even of his caliber.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Unlike McDonaugh though, we didn't just trade Sergachev for Gomez here, its Jonathan Drouin, a super young, extremely talented, top 20 under 23 in this league type of talent.

You want to talk about finding elite dmen being difficult, but oversee the fact it is dificult to find any elite talent. We had to poop the bed to get the only elite young talent we have on this team in Galchenyuk, now we also have Drouin, who is likely even a knotch above. Getting a player like Drouin is also not easy, we have spent 10 years drafting forwards with far less impact than him, yet in those 10 years we managed to grab McDonaugh, Subban, and Sergachev, tell me again about the unmatched difficulty in finding elite d-men vs forwards.

Make no mistake, Jonathan Drouin has just as much chance to be an Elite top line forward in this league as Sergachev has to be an Elite top pair Dman, maybe even more so. Let us not forget that reality and trick ourselves into thinking Drouin is a decent consolation prize, we may have very well spent the next 10 years drafting forwards not even of his caliber.

10-4

12 minutes ago, Link67 said:

When the Gomez trade was made and I was complaining, most said we traded an unproven prospect and Higgins for years me of the top, playmaking centres in the game, who had an of year, but was in his prime.

The bottom line in all of this is that the team at the end of this season was short on scoring. Adding Drouin would be a win if radulov stays on the team. If radulov signs elsewhere, you just gave up your only high end prospect in your entire system and did not fill a hole in the top 6.

11 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It's true that if we didn't acquire Drouin, we still may have lost Radulov. In that sense, it's a defendable move.

"He also said Radulov’s asking price was expensive. “If I told you what Radulov’s agent was asking in January, you’d fall off your chair,” he said in French."

Likely was the huge contract demand we heard rumour reported and the one Radulov denied.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

"He also said Radulov’s asking price was expensive. “If I told you what Radulov’s agent was asking in January, you’d fall off your chair,” he said in French."

Likely was the huge contract demand we heard rumour reported and the one Radulov denied.

Radulov has been asking for the moon and it's telling no GM has given in to his demands because they are not reasonable. The offer MB has on the table for him IMO is. He either takes it or unfortunately you have to walk away.

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

Radulov has been asking for the moon and it's telling no GM has given in to his demands because they are not reasonable. The offer MB has on the table for him IMO is. He either takes it or unfortunately you have to walk away.

But if Dallas was looking to add Marleau and lost out, they likely are better cap position than Habs to offer Radulov a better deal? Still surprised Markov hasn't already signed with...someone.

6 minutes ago, DON said:

But if Dallas was looking to add Marleau and lost out, they likely are better cap position than Habs to offer Radulov a better deal? Still surprised Markov hasn't already signed with...someone.

I think Dallas is as scared as any GM to give Radulov the term he is asking for. I guess we will see.

I heard that Markov is getting married and I have a hunch Radulov might be attending. He said he was headed back to Russia for personal reasons.

Guest Stogey24
58 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I think Dallas is as scared as any GM to give Radulov the term he is asking for. I guess we will see.

I heard that Markov is getting married and I have a hunch Radulov might be attending. He said he was headed back to Russia for personal reasons.

Did Radulov not just get divorced too

On 6/30/2017 at 11:04 PM, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Imagine...

Markov and Radulov walk

MB signs Alzner 5/30

Then a buyout reject for 1/1.5 (Stuart or Squid)

And an announcement of 8/US GDP for Carey Price

MB then comes out and says, "expect the stupid" in a joint presser with Jim Benning.

FIRETHISMAN