Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Current word that Rick Dudley will be going to Carolina to work in their front office.

 

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Great news! I never liked that guy for some reason 

 

I have no strong feelings one way or another for Rick Dudley, but anyone actually choosing to leave ANY team in the NHL to go to the tirefire of Carolina management has to have their judgement questioned. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

 

I have no strong feelings one way or another for Rick Dudley, but anyone actually choosing to leave ANY team in the NHL to go to the tirefire of Carolina management has to have their judgement questioned. 

Or, maybe it’s a reflection of exactly how bad of a state we are in, if someone chooses to go from the pressure cooker to the fire... maybe Montreal is not just a pressure cooker anymore, but he realizes that’s a ticking time bomb that’s about to implode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Or, maybe it’s a reflection of exactly how bad of a state we are in, if someone chooses to go from the pressure cooker to the fire... maybe Montreal is not just a pressure cooker anymore, but he realizes that’s a ticking time bomb that’s about to implode.

Or maybe he like the weather better down south :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Or maybe he like the weather better down south :D

 

He lived in buffalo while being on habs payroll.

 

He was always doing his proscouting at sabres games or leaf games... and juniors in ohl rinks.

 

Just saying that hed like still live in buffalo even working as an assistant for carolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Or, maybe it’s a reflection of exactly how bad of a state we are in, if someone chooses to go from the pressure cooker to the fire... maybe Montreal is not just a pressure cooker anymore, but he realizes that’s a ticking time bomb that’s about to implode.

 

He likely was told he was getting fired but unlike JJ and Dan he was allowed to leave with dignity by accepting a job elsewhere first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

He likely was told he was getting fired but unlike JJ and Dan he was allowed to leave with dignity by accepting a job elsewhere first.

 

From what I see in Friedman's 31 thoughts, he's talking to the Canes, but nothing is done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting comments from Julien about MB's notorious 'attitude' comment over at H I/O. Seems to me he tiptoes about as close as you can to disagreeing with the GM without explicitly disagreeing with him.

 

“I think at the end of the day, attitude can be a lot of things,” Julien said. “What was said was said by (Bergevin) and that remains with him. I’m not saying I’m disagreeing, because I know what he’s talking about. But I think overall we had a lot of issues this year with injuries and everything else. Eventually, you lose a lot of games and I guess it’s not an easy thing. And for players, a lot of them let their guards down. Losing can be a habit, such as winning. There’s a lot of things … I think it’s a little bit more complicated than just using the word attitude. I know what he was talking about. I don’t think it’s something that you really want to get into to define more than you want to fix it and do the right thing moving forward and that’s what we’re going to do.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 4:47 PM, Commandant said:

From what I see in Friedman's 31 thoughts, he's talking to the Canes, but nothing is done. 

 

For an update, Canes conversations have stalled, he's still talking to teams and observing his options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody seems to want to work for that new Canes owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Nobody seems to want to work for that new Canes owner. 

 

He publicly moved Francis to a director of ops, said it wasn't due to a disagreement but they "think differently, Francis is a long term guy", said the GM will report directly to him, and admitted he wants his finger prints on everything. I figure he's scaring most people away. Waddell is just temporary but I figure he'll eventually find someone who will be a yes man like JFJ Jr. was to Richard Peddie in Toronto. Or maybe he finally becomes the idiot who hires Pierre McGuire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

He publicly moved Francis to a director of ops, said it wasn't due to a disagreement but they "think differently, Francis is a long term guy", said the GM will report directly to him, and admitted he wants his finger prints on everything. I figure he's scaring most people away. Waddell is just temporary but I figure he'll eventually find someone who will be a yes man like JFJ Jr. was to Richard Peddie in Toronto. Or maybe he finally becomes the idiot who hires Pierre McGuire.

 

They have interviewed JFJ Jr. 

 

This is not a lie.

 

The Hurricanes have interviewed JFJ Jr.

 

I'm not sure what position he was interviewed for. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

They have interviewed JFJ Jr. 

 

This is not a lie.

 

The Hurricanes have interviewed JFJ Jr.

 

I'm not sure what position he was interviewed for. 

 

He's been running the Providence Bruins, who haven't been too great but I guess they are consistently a strong defensive team.

 

If he got the GM job in Carolina it would totally be for that reason: he's cool with being a punching bag for the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard multiple french media reporters state that if the best was available,  but did not speak French,  there probably would not be huge complaints from the media. Where does lamorillo rank? Do you fire MB and give the job to him?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I have heard multiple french media reporters state that if the best was available,  but did not speak French,  there probably would not be huge complaints from the media. Where does lamorillo rank? Do you fire MB and give the job to him?  

 

I do it in about two seconds flat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumped phaneuf albatross contract.

Signed kadri long term 4.5

Signed Reilly long term 5 mill

Signed brown and hymn 2.5 I think

Picked up marleau 

Signed Frederick Anderson. 

 

Not sure if he helped dump Clarkson, but that was pure brilliance. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I have heard multiple french media reporters state that if the best was available,  but did not speak French,  there probably would not be huge complaints from the media. Where does lamorillo rank? Do you fire MB and give the job to him?  

No.

 

Fossil mentality is already a problem here and Lou is the worst offender. He didn't screw up the Leafs but he certainly didn't help. Not trading Bozak and JVR were bad moves in my opinion, and the playoffs pretty much showed. They had no passion in their game aside from playing for a new contract in the summer. I get it, going for a Cup, but it certainly wasn't forward thinking. It was safe. 

 

I fire Bergevin, tell Molson to step away, then do a comprehensive search for the right president. Someone young enough to get the game but also connected around the league so his decisions have some weight. I don't know who that is. Brodeur fits the bill but I got no idea if he has a hockey ops mind. I also like the idea of Bobby Smith but he has been away from the NHL for some time. Or we just go with my usual idea of paying Pat Brisson $10 million a year to leave his agent job behind and run the Canadiens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I saw it differently.  I saw a tire fire of a team transtorm in 2 years.  Mathews was huge, but there was more to it than just him.  Great contracts and creative contract dumps. Anderson. All lou I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Lou did a really good job in Toronto as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, someone had to point this out...

 

PK Subban, in addition to  being a finalist for the Norris Trophy, is also a finalists for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy 'awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice'  :B)

 

#leadership

#character

#attitude

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, someone had to point this out...

 

PK Subban, in addition to  being a finalist for the Norris Trophy, is also a finalists for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy 'awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice'  :B)

 

#leadership

#character

#attitude

 

But CC... he gave to charity (Children's Hospital) without consulting the organization approved foundation first...  This was a sin that could not be forgiven by Bergevin and co. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, someone had to point this out...

 

PK Subban, in addition to  being a finalist for the Norris Trophy, is also a finalists for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy 'awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice'  :B)

 

#leadership

#character

#attitude

What no Pacioretty?  (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 3:20 PM, Commandant said:

 

But CC... he gave to charity (Children's Hospital) without consulting the organization approved foundation first...  This was a sin that could not be forgiven by Bergevin and co. 

Perhaps simply to find a target for my discontent with the status of our storied franchise.. jokes are stories too.. I find occasions for expressing great dissatisfaction with Bergevin satisfying. And I'm no NHL GM. But.. an interesting article recently caught my attention stating that we are stuck with Bergevin only for money reasons. If he makes 4 million a year on his renewed contract and if a new GM would hire a new coach, the cost of a change might be seven or eight million per year for several years. THIS may be why Molson is not making a move. I have bought the story of Markov and Rad that a failure to value and appreciate our heroes may lie at the real heart of any team "attitude" problem. I have developed an "attitude" problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×