Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If Galchenyuk plays center in Arizona and thrives, that has to be the end of Bergevin, right?

What I don’t understand is why Bergevin has any say in where a player is slotted into the lineup. Julien seemed to back him up for the most part so either Bergevin has way too much control, or Julien holds the blame as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If Galchenyuk plays center in Arizona and thrives, that has to be the end of Bergevin, right?

 

If this offseason is a disaster we might not even have to wait until how Galchenyuk's season plays out at center. But if that adds itself to the mix, then a continued improper asset management and improper evaluation of player personnel should be the end of it.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5029131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Who’s Lee??

Isn't that the last name of the guy who owns NYI that kept snow around all these years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Isn't that the last name of the guy who owns NYI that kept snow around all these years?

 

I think you mean Charles Wang, the former owner of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my bad thought it was lee for some reason.

 

 

We now have 3 guys left from our core group Pacioretty, Gallagher and Price.

They should of just blown up the team. This retool every year  is starting to get old real fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

If Galchenyuk plays center in Arizona and thrives, that has to be the end of Bergevin, right?

I sure hope so! I'm really worried what will happen at the draft and on July 1st!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Habsfan said:

I sure hope so! I'm really worried what will happen at the draft and on July 1st!!!

Bergevin said he's listening to offers for the 3rd overall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Bergevin said he's listening to offers for the 3rd overall

Maybe he will trade it straight up for phoenix’s 5th.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Maybe he will trade it straight up for phoenix’s 5th.

Or for another 2nd round pick  😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Maybe he will trade it straight up for phoenix’s 5th.

I personally think we should trade Domi and the 3rd for Sergachev. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I personally think we should trade Domi and the 3rd for Sergachev. 

 

That would be a good trade by MB's standards. For instance, it would actually address a roster need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we shouldn't expect a logical conversation in the fire Bergevin thread, too much anger tends to cloud judgement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, illWill said:

I guess we shouldn't expect a logical conversation in the fire Bergevin thread, too much anger tends to cloud judgement. 

Is it to much anger or to much bad trades tends to cloud judgement?🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Is it to much anger or to much bad trades tends to cloud judgement?🤔

 

Bergevin is such a dummy that he will trade the 3rd overall pick for a second rounder. I guess that's funny if you hate the man and everything he does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

Bergevin is such a dummy that he will trade the 3rd overall pick for a second rounder. I guess that's funny if you hate the man and everything he does

In 5 years taking over a team that was at the cusp of  challenging for a cup, what has he done with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

In 5 years taking over a team that was at the cusp of  challenging for a cup, what has he done with it?

 

Challenged for a cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

Challenged for a cup

Its not challenged for a cup because they never did. Its challenging for a cup.

Challenged is past 

Challenging is future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, illWill said:

I guess we shouldn't expect a logical conversation in the fire Bergevin thread, too much anger tends to cloud judgement. 

You mean like the logic if trading one of your best trading chips without filling your biggest need since you’ve been on the job???  How’s that logic for you???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Its not challenged for a cup because they never did. Its challenging for a cup.

Challenged is past 

Challenging is future 

 

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

20 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You mean like the logic if trading one of your best trading chips without filling your biggest need since you’ve been on the job???  How’s that logic for you???

 

No, I clearly stated the logic of complaining about Domi's lack of goals, but yet being okay with Subban's lack of goals compared to Weber. Goals are goals regardless of position. And didn't I already talk to you about position? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the jokes about Bergevin on this page were just too funny for some people to understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I think the jokes about Bergevin on this page were just too funny for some people to understand. 

 

jmwy44U.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

jmwy44U.jpg

I’m sorry, but you are arguing that a trade is respectable simply because the ppg are only .4 behind. It’s similar to saying we could trade the 3rd pick overall for the 4th, since it’s only one pick behind. The jokes are obvious yet have some truth to them and there simply should be no rational discussion about Bergevin at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I think the jokes about Bergevin on this page were just too funny for some people to understand. 

I just don't think people understand that these trades don't address team needs which angers people more.

I don't have a problem with domi, if we got him for draft picks and prospects i would be ok with it. But you are trading galchenyuk because you say he doesn't address team needs at center, so why trade him for the same problem? Domi doesn't address our team need at center either.  If you can't get what you want for galchenyuk keep him put him at center and ride and die with him there.

 

Also if you're going to trade you best bargaining chip you do it to address your teams biggest needs. But again he didn't do that.

Edmonton offered the 4th pick and Draisaiti for PK. Bergevin said no and tried to get more from edmonton. But then he takes Weber for PK straight up. Again doesn't address needs but creates holes.

 

I don't have a problem with either domi or weber, but they don't address our team needs. In Bergevin 5 years here when has he address our team needs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m sorry, but you are arguing that a trade is respectable simply because the ppg are only .4 behind. It’s similar to saying we could trade the 3rd pick overall for the 4th, since it’s only one pick behind. The jokes are obvious and there simply should be no rational discussion about Bergevin at this point. 

 

If you paid attention, I didn't like the trade. But the way people are going on it seems that we gave away Mike Bossy for David Desharnais. The two players are identical in ppg over their careers. If you want to break it down by age, it's 0.4 ppg in difference, WOW. And no, it's not like saying we should give the 3rd pick for the 4th, am I the only one around here that has any logic? Forwards vs defensemen, draft picks vs draft picks....what the hell are we talking about? One is a better play maker with more intangibles and one is a better goal scorer with a higher ceiling. That is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I just don't think people understand that these trades don't address team needs which angers people more.

I don't have a problem with domi, if we got him for draft picks and prospects i would be ok with it. But you are trading galchenyuk because you say he doesn't address team needs at center, so why trade him for the same problem? Domi doesn't address our team need at center either.  If you can't get what you want for galchenyuk keep him put him at center and ride and die with him there.

 

Also if you're going to trade you best bargaining chip you do it to address your teams biggest needs. But again he didn't do that.

Edmonton offered the 4th pick and Draisaiti for PK. Bergevin said no and tried to get more from edmonton. But then he takes Weber for PK straight up. Again doesn't address needs but creates holes.

 

I don't have a problem with either domi or weber, but they don't address our team needs. In Bergevin 5 years here when has he address our team needs?

 

This is a great argument, we traded a LW for a LW, we don't need that. I had hopes that Galchenyuk could eventually become the center he was drafted to be. I also thought that his value was diminished because of that, so for that reason I wanted to hang onto him. But here we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×