3 minutes ago, illWill said:

This is a great argument, we traded a LW for a LW. I had hopes that Galchenyuk could eventually become the center he was drafted to be. I also thought that his value was diminished because of that, so for that reason I wanted to hang onto him. But here we are. 

Its pretty funny actually, we both agreed with the idea of just keeping Chucky long term and wanting to ride it out with him as a Hab in another thread the same day he was traded.

Personally I wasn’t happy with the trade and it didn’t fill the needs we have on the roster but after thinking about it a bit more it’s not as terrible as I once thought it was. Domi is a good player.

3 minutes ago, illWill said:

If you paid attention, I didn't like the trade. But the way people are going on it seems that we gave away Mike Bossy for David Desharnais. The two players are identical in ppg over their careers. If you want to break it down by age, it's 0.4 ppg in difference, WOW. And no, it's not like saying we should give the 3rd pick for the 4th, am I the only one around here that has any logic? Forwards vs defensemen, draft picks vs draft picks....what the hell are we talking about? One is a better play maker with more intangibles and one is a better goal scorer with a higher ceiling. That is what it is. 

I agree with things like intangibles being a kicker when it comes to a player like Weber who is renown for his leadership but when it comes to Max Domi, I’ll wait to see him crack team Canada before I express amazement at his intangibles being a key component in leading a team to success. He’s willing to drop the gloves and has more grit.

It becomes harder and harder to envision that Galchenyuk was also shipped out due to being some sort of cancer and therefore I don’t understand the defense of needing to trade him in the first place, whether or not the other player is of similar value. The only benefit of the doubt I could give is that Galchenyuk would have subtly requested a trade due to not being played at center. In that case, Bergevin did “alright”. 

As for talking about trading the 3rd pick for 4th/5th pick in joking manner it’s simply a representation that Bergevin has traded a player for another player of almost equal but generally viewed as slightly less value. That’s the way I saw it and it would obviously never happen. 

30 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Its pretty funny actually, we both agreed with the idea of just keeping Chucky long term and wanting to ride it out with him as a Hab in another thread the same day he was traded.

Personally I wasn’t happy with the trade and it didn’t fill the needs we have on the roster but after thinking about it a bit more it’s not as terrible as I once thought it was. Domi is a good player.

Yes sir, I found it quite "funny" that I made my first post in a while and it was about wanting to keep him till the end, and then he got traded hours later. We are going to love Domi though

26 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I agree with things like intangibles being a kicker when it comes to a player like Weber who is renown for his leadership but when it comes to Max Domi, I’ll wait to see him crack team Canada before I express amazement at his intangibles being a key component in leading a team to success. He’s willing to drop the gloves and has more grit.

It becomes harder and harder to envision that Galchenyuk was also shipped out due to being some sort of cancer and therefore I don’t understand the defense of needing to trade him in the first place, whether or not the other player is of similar value. The only benefit of the doubt I could give is that Galchenyuk would have subtly requested a trade due to not being played at center. In that case, Bergevin did “alright”. 

As for talking about trading the 3rd pick for 4th/5th pick in joking manner it’s simply a representation that Bergevin has traded a player for another player of almost equal but generally viewed as slightly less value. That’s the way I saw it and it would obviously never happen. 

Remember that Galchenyuk didn't even crack the under 23 North American team at the World Cup despite being one of the most veteran players. 

The guy has had some issues off the ice, we don't know what's true or not though, but there was definitely some things that were apparent. He did want to play center and management basically told him that's not going to happen. I guess we will have to see if he gets the chance in Arizona and how it works out.