Fire Bergevin

19 hours ago, DON said:

Oh sorry, my mistake.

Fire that plodding idiotic SOB POS GM already! Get ...well anyone would be an upgrade...I bet Bergevin didn't even finish high school did he!

F'in moroon, what was Molson thinking when he hired him!

You put more words in my mouth than Bergevin puts excuses in a press conference. Makes it easier to rebut my arguments, I supposr.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You put more words in my mouth than Bergevin puts excuses in a press conference. Makes it easier to rebut my arguments, I supposr.

Hey, I am with you, fire the idiot! I had forgot about Patrick Roy being available, he would be a perfect fit and upgrade, no?

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, DON said:

Hey, I am with you, fire the idiot! I had forgot about Patrick Roy being available, he would be a perfect fit and upgrade, no?

Why do you feel the need to jump on every single post that has any slight to management? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the day goes the way it seems to be heading, this will be the hottest thread for quite some time.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PMAC said:

If the day goes the way it seems to be heading, this will be the hottest thread for quite some time.

Seems to be headed? He cant sign any free agents till tomorrow, so what was he supposed to do differently? Have traded Gallagher, Pacioretty, Lehkonen or Galchenyuk already?

This free agent year I think he has backed himself into a corner. If he doesn't resign markov and radu, then he will need to fill a lot of holes on the team with no prospects probably developed ready to make the jump or that he can trade. He will have to over pay in a weak class of ufas 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Seems to be headed? He cant sign any free agents till tomorrow, so what was he supposed to do differently? Have traded Gallagher, Pacioretty, Lehkonen or Galchenyuk already?

No, but he hasn't signed Markov or Radulov, or Galchenyuk for that matter. And given our dearth of depth on D, a pre-emptive deal for a defenseman would have been prudent. And no, Schelmco is not nearly enough of a hedge. I'm afraid we are going to be woefully thin on D--not to mention centre--or worse sign Alzner to a ridiculous, albatross of a deal.

In short, I see the good ship Les Glorieux headed for rocks if our GM doesn't get the course set right tomorrow. Pray God/ deity or non deity of your choice, I am wrong 

8 hours ago, PMAC said:

No, but he hasn't signed Markov or Radulov, or Galchenyuk for that matter. And given our dearth of depth on D, a pre-emptive deal for a defenseman would have been prudent. And no, Schelmco is not nearly enough of a hedge. I'm afraid we are going to be woefully thin on D--not to mention centre--or worse sign Alzner to a ridiculous, albatross of a deal.

In short, I see the good ship Les Glorieux headed for rocks if our GM doesn't get the course set right tomorrow. Pray God/ deity or non deity of your choice, I am wrong 

And he couldn't sign Markov or Radulov yet (and most seem to agree both are supposedly asking for the Moon and sticking to their demands, for now), Galchenyuk dosent need signing till start of season and a prudent d-signing is expected to happen.

Just don't see it as dire as you do...

Agree that Alzner and Radulov will likely be overpaid by some GM.

11 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Imagine...

Markov and Radulov walk

MB signs Alzner 5/30

Then a buyout reject for 1/1.5 (Stuart or Squid)

And an announcement of 8/US GDP for Carey Price

MB then comes out and says, "expect the stupid" in a joint presser with Jim Benning.

:lol:

13 hours ago, PMAC said:

Deism is a misplaced17th century Newtonian attribution.. ..er...sorry...:huh:

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

:lol:

Hahahahaha!

Because I have no idea what I'm talking about in these matters, my life at least appears to be simpler... Don's reparti is lots of fun too! :P

I didn't get to watch the presser but reading the synopsis I have to say I'm more than a little worried.

It sounds doubtful that Radu and probaly Markov will be back. MB says it is first come first serve he is only signing one. Made his final offers on Friday and has not had contact since.

He expects Hudon to replace Radu

We don't need anyone to play with Weber. Everything is fine with our defense...

We are worse than last year and there is nothing coming to improve us. There is nothing in the minors to improve us.

Fire MB now

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

What's his game plan here honestly. 

Radulov was the motor that drove this offense last year, yet Bergevin plays hardball. 

41 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

What's his game plan here honestly. 

Radulov was the motor that drove this offense last year, yet Bergevin plays hardball. 

We wouldn't be in this mess if hadn't signed Shaw

5 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Idiotic game plan, innit? Give up the organization's premier prospect that fills a great need to get what you can get for free.

If Drouin replaces radulov, and there is no top 6 upgrade this year, the loss of serg will be for nothing. 

14 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Gameplan was to trade for Drouin to replace Radulov. Pretty clear.

I still think Drouin will replace both radulov and galchenyuk