Fire Bergevin

No, I actually do like the deal.

Again, HabFans have been loudly calling screaming for Bergevin to make a big deal forever and I guess never expected it to be painful?

I seldom get riled up about the opinions posted here...but...you are a special kind of stupid in this case.

If PK is moved for a star center or winger, ok...there's an argument to be made that it makes hockey sense. But to trade PK for another D-man that is older and AT BEST a lateral move in the present, and surely a bad move in the future...with an absolute albatross of a contract to boot...is clearly a stupid deal.

I seldom get riled up about the opinions posted here...but...you are a special kind of stupid in this case.

If PK is moved for a star center or winger, ok...there's an argument to be made that it makes hockey sense. But to trade PK for another D-man that is older and AT BEST a lateral move in the present, and surely a bad move in the future...with an absolute albatross of a contract to boot...is clearly a stupid deal.

And what don't you really like about Weber's contract? Did you see the amount of signing bonuses in it and how front loaded it is, so the last several years are quite low $ and if he retires in mid-30s Nashville is stuck with cap hit/bonuses...or something like that.

And what don't you really like about Weber's contract? Did you see the amount of signing bonuses in it and how front loaded it is, so the last several years are quite low $ and if he retires in mid-30s Nashville is stuck with cap hit/bonuses...or something like that.

Why should we as fans care about money unless it's salary cap based. Should we be happy that Molson saves some money?

Why should we as fans care about money unless it's salary cap based. Should we be happy that Molson saves some money?

Cap room is just a tad important these days, especially if trying to sign an Okposo and need to outbid other teams.

Out. Eller & Subban. In. Shaw & Weber.

I think this is a better team. Right now.

Now If Desharnais & Emelin are moved before Friday. And Bergevin heads into July 1st with 14 million in cap space to sign 2 top 6 Forwards. I'll be pleased.

Plus think about what Weber is going to do for Beaulieu, Pateryn, Lernout, Juulsen & Sergachev. Hell, Petry, too.

I wonder how many PPA Markov will get next season setting up Weber for one-timers?

• Upvote 1

We will be able to trade Weber in 4 years I think cause the $ amount drops like a rock, some team will want to get to the lower limit. So it becomes quite important. We have an exit strategy to get the hell out of this deal.

We will be able to trade Weber in 4 years I think cause the $ amount drops like a rock, some team will want to get to the lower limit. So it becomes quite important. We have an exit strategy to get the hell out of this deal.

That's great, trade a player entering his peak years for a declining asset who you hope to God you can unload in 4 years. Wow, awesome management.

Cucumber,

There is no justification for this deal.

Many are trying to rationalize it, cause as Habs fans, most aren't ready to admit that we got screwed.

But there is no justification. This deal sucks.

• Upvote 1

Cucumber,

There is no justification for this deal.

Many are trying to rationalize it, cause as Habs fans, most aren't ready to admit that we got screwed.

But there is no justification. This deal sucks.

100%. Like I said in the other thread, this trade is about the ego of MT and MB. Not about making the team better.

A terrible day in habs' history, like so many other days that have befallen us since 1993.

• Upvote 2

That's great, trade a player entering his peak years for a declining asset who you hope to God you can unload in 4 years. Wow, awesome management.

Thanks CC saves me the trouble of typing this out.

Hey I am not defending this pos deal, just saying we won't have to keep weber when he starts to break down.

Hey I am not defending this pos deal, just saying we won't have to keep weber when he starts to break down.

Fair enough. We get to watch Subban light it up while we console ourselves that we managed to dump Weber's contract.

Fair enough. We get to watch Subban light it up while we console ourselves that we managed to dump Weber's contract.

I think we will be happy to dump him in 4 or 5 years. He is already lost a step, and I don't think he is smart as Markov, who also has to go.

Given how he played the playoffs, it may be sooner than that

I think we will be happy to dump him in 4 or 5 years. He is already lost a step, and I don't think he is smart as Markov, who also has to go.

• Upvote 1

Who plays with Weber.

Weber is slow... so a Markov- Weber pair is out of the question.... Emelin-WEber is also out. Don't want Barberio on the first line.

So Beaulieu it is. And I'm not sure Beaulieu belongs on that pair but he's the only one making up for Webers lack of speed.

Or we have to trade for another top pair defenceman.

Pretty sad, we traded for a "supposed" top pair defenceman, and now we have to figure out another trade so he's not a defensive liability.

Jesus

Who plays with Weber.

Weber is slow... so a Markov- Weber pair is out of the question.... Emelin-WEber is also out. Don't want Barberio on the first line.

So Beaulieu it is. And I'm not sure Beaulieu belongs on that pair but he's the only one making up for Webers lack of speed.

Or we have to trade for another top pair defenceman.

Pretty sad, we traded for a "supposed" top pair defenceman, and now we have to figure out another trade so he's not a defensive liability.

Jesus ######

But we need more leadership. I'm not sure how we'll fit in another D when we sign Backes, Staal, and Ladd the more captains the better.

No, I actually do like the deal.

Again, HabFans have been loudly calling screaming for Bergevin to make a big deal forever and I guess never expected it to be painful?

I can't believe you, or any real

Habs fan, likes this deal today. I would love to be proven wrong and for Weber to lead les Canadiens to a Cup, but until that happens I am convinced that this is a bad, potentially disatourous trade. A player with PK's potential should have brought back at least another player and a prospect to hedge againstWebbers decline. Unless Weber is the reincarnation of Jagr and Howe we are F**ked for the last 5-7 yrs of this disastrous contract. My only hope is that PK doesn't win the cup in Nashville and Webbers retirement in 5yrs screws the preds with cap recapture penalties. At 49, my dream has long been to celebrate my centenary, Canada's bicentennial and a century of the Leafs not winning the Cup. Never before had it occurred to me that Mtl might never again win the SC in my lifetime. So sick of Mtl making desperate, questionable trades.

MB says it's a hockey trade and I will stick with the only way I thought a PK trade made sense for Habs Nation was if McDavid was commin back this way.

I HATE this trade and I am seriously wondering how much worse it will get now? I would think that if the cup is not on parade on MTL streets within 2 years we are looking at new management on the 8th floor.

But we need more leadership. I'm not sure how we'll fit in another D when we sign Backes, Staal, and Ladd the more captains the better.

Yeah let's sign a bunch of old washed up captains to lead us to their retirement homes. Leadership starts with friggin management. What accountability has MT ever taken. What happened to his no excuses policy. How much has MB held his bum buddies lefebve and le genius accountable for their failures?

How accountable has that friggin prick Molson held his mgmt team and coaching staff for last year?

Their response, oh we don't have price, so that's a good excuse for sucking. We don't have price, so let's not bother getting a goalie to show the team that we have confidence in them. Bullshit leadership at the top was responsible for last year and the trade of subban was an arrogant response by arrogant management and leadership.

MB says it's a hockey trade and I will stick with the only way I thought a PK trade made sense for Habs Nation was if McDavid was commin back this way.

I HATE this trade and I am seriously wondering how much worse it will get now? I would think that if the cup is not on parade on MTL streets within 2 years we are looking at new management on the 8th floor.

And after that MB and MT are still rich arrogant assholes while we are still crying seeing PK lighting up the league while Weber looks like the habs version of dion phaneuf. Whats next? Signing Oleg Petrov and Enrico Ciccone?

He's apparently really good friends with Shea Weber.

More BC boys :thumbs_up:

Subban not traded.

But you wanted a big trade right and were calling for Bergevin to "put his stamp" on the team...be careful what you wish for bud!

Nobody said make a stupid trade.

I guess you'd be happy with Price for Fleury just because it'd be big? Gotcha.

Not Fleury...but a high scoring forward, sure.

Always look on the bright...

Not Fleury...but a high scoring forward, sure.

C'mon now Don, no need to be extra trolling ;) You are gonna be on a hit list if you start on Price! :rofl: