The Drive to Stay Alive...and remove Bishop's horseshoe - Habs vs Lightning, Game 6

dlbalr

Before everyone gets negative...The habs showed lot of character to make it back to 3 to 2..

History against them!, but soo much t ask to wine 3 or 4 in a row in playoffs.

In playoffs, one can go and on about " should have ..could have..would have.."

Realistically this team just isnt quite yet TOP 4 in NHL..

TOP 8, because of Price..

How do we get better!

I am sure lot of discussion over the summer

1. PP, there you go...Habs have PP..now 1 for 15. TB gets PP, and killer instinct, series done..simple

--- CHANGE 1: The guys on bench responsible for this, have to go!!

2. TB is the youngest team in playoffs by a year...MB needs to stop getting fringe or has been veterans, ( Re; Gonchar...anyone) why trade for them if not play them..

3. FA: not much this season, so now what: give some of the younger guys a chance, look at TB!!, they have!!

4. MT is doing best with his tools...but this team needs another top 6 player ( re: RW), and I am sorry but DD doesnt fit into a contending team!

5. Eller stays, Plekanec if get maximum trade, trade one of the 2..

6. Time for Galchenyuk to play C...this series, imjury, confidence? or he needs more time? or just get hime going from day 1 next year at ctr

7. Stop giving Eller, no skill players on wing!!

8. Petry? not sure if he can be signed...but if manageable, go for it

9. PAP, DD, Gilbert, have to go, plus some of those extra 4th liners!!

TB, a year younger than Habs...!! They have their killer guys!! ( re: Stamkos..)

Cant keep not supporting Price!! Tonight: Price showed up, Gallagher showed up!! who else

Is that MT, is that just not good enough, Both...

lets start with getting a new PP coach NOW!!..

next, Petry can he be signed? is is he going home to Detroit!?

Next, What assets are there to bring this team to that TOP 4?

and YES, Evaluate coaching and MT? with all the quality coaches available..( but of course no fench speaking..so much for that idea..) back to top 8..

All said and done, Great character for coming back 2 games, 2nd in NHL, Price wins Vezina and Hart(?) lot of positives...look forward to 2015/16 season!!

I agree with about 95% of this post. Not sure about getting rid of Pleks unless we get something really good in return. Not sure about dumping DD gota get a good player cause he is one of the hardest working guys on this team.

I hope they at least make the third interesting. Having said that, habs elimination tonight puts them at 5th best team in the playoffs. Overall great season and a pretty strong playoff.

Anyone expecting a firesale of a team in in contention two years in a row will he disappointed.

After tonight they are 17-17 in last 3 play off seasons. With the best goalie in the nhl.......... they have to be pretty weal somewhere?

Fire who the hell is responsible for this embarrassing PP!! and I mean fire him tomorrow!!

" I agree with about 95% of this post. Not sure about getting rid of Pleks unless we get something really good in return. Not sure about dumping DD gota get a good player cause he is one of the hardest working guys on this team."

I totally agree with you, unless we get a top six winger for Pleks, we do not trade him, Yes DD is an over achiever! His heart and ethic are not in question.

I just see an imbalance on this team that needs to be corrected.. we Have C strength, but not the right C strength...if you know what I mean..( Galchenyuk time is now at C) so now is time to correct that IMBALANCE, if we can get quality and solve the TOP 6 winger issue...yes if it means trading Pleks..

But right now, for crying out loud fire the PP coach...key moments to bring team back or kill another team off...and now what 1 for 16..

even an average PP, we may have seen a game 7 or even series win for MTL, Because at crucial times it starts or carries forward momentum..case in point today, Nothing, could have been a series savior or very least extender, now,, DONE

Had to miss 2 periods. As I predicted, it was over after that 1st goal. They let an MVP season by Price go to waste. please bring in Babcock. He will deliver us a cup for sure.

Guest Stogey24

Had to miss 2 periods. As I predicted, it was over after that 1st goal. They let an MVP season by Price go to waste. please bring in Babcock. He will deliver us a cup for sure.

Babcock is going to go out there and score goals?

Bergevin has a soft spot for grinders. It shows in his roster

Babcock is going to go out there and score goals?

Bergevin has a soft spot for grinders. It shows in his roster

He wouldn't be playing DD on the PP all year, when it clearly was not working.

No but his systems will. His teams are puck possession teams. Therrien's teams are grinding teams. It's no coincidence the pens won their cup after dumping him.

He wouldn't be playing DD on the PP all year, when it clearly was not working.

dd and tp must have incriminating pictures of mt

Well Don what does Le Genius do now?

talk about the regular season shoot out wins

How can you make a prediction on a game you aren't even watching?

Have you seen Babcock coach? Have you heard of Babcock? He coaches very similar to Therrien, defense first, no creativity. He was the guy who played Hamhuis instead of Subban because Hamhuis was "safe."

Therrien has a 0.1% chance of being fired and Babcock

doesn't speak French.

Yes, they let an MVP season go to waste. That's on MB for not solving their scoring issues. Nothing to do with Therrien.

Guest Stogey24

Petry is a scoring threat from the point, but he wont shoot. Coaches should have been telling him to fire everything