Habs Fan Nr. 1

dark faerie87

Macaskill

jetsniper

JMMR

Hall of Fame (1,000 Posts)

sakiqc

Leafs Suck (banned)

Howie Morenz (left for no apparent reason, but is he really gone?)

JeanLucPilon

Tony

ch_nl

mathieu30

gohabsgo252006

kaos

Trizzak

Colin

habsfan88

Prime Minister Koivu

bebehabs

CoRvInA

Captain_Stealth

Spider-Man NL

TheBigRedC

David B

revvrob

kerplunk

Keep up the good work guys, we appreciate

your activity and the quality of your posts.

Edited by Fanpuck33

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Matt...

And to the rest of you: :-^ ... I feel so loved around here , lmao ... Is everyone hiding waiting to jump out and yell "surprise" , or does nobody care? Anyways ... I wont lose sleep over it , :(:P

• 1 month later...

Thanks, glad to be here. I am glad Guru told me to run over here after I complained about how bad the ESPN boards are. Otherwise I might not have found this site. You guys do awesome work here, all I do talk. This site has become my top source for Habs info. So hard to find here in Ohio, and most other websites aren't updated as much as this one is. The true congrats should go to all who work on the site!

Ya I dont know what other site I'd be at if habsworld didnt exist. Sure wouldn't be at a site as good as this one......and trust me........there are tons out there too!

Keep up the good work, fanpuck congrats on ur 100th and sakiqc congrats on ur 500th.

:ghg:

Thanks, glad to be here. I am glad Guru told me to run over here after I complained about how bad the ESPN boards are.  

Guru is easily the biggest idiot I have ever talked/written to whether it be on the internet...whatever.

It is just amazing how much of an idiot he is on ESPN boards every night.

Whos guru.....how does everyone know about this guy...

You seriously do not want to know.

Let's just say he's the worst flamer/troll/psycho you've ever seen on the internet.

and what does he do on the boards?

He's not here as far as we know. Thank Goodness.

I'm not trying to start a conspiriacy against him like Cassius in JULIUS CAESAR, but I hope this place stays Guru free.

I think most of us do.

lol i'm not lucky.. a post to congratulates me and everyone talks about guru arghhh :mad:

lol, kidding...

What do you want to expect from a board with no moderators ? trolls, gurus, people who only want to post as much messages as possible.

I do like the respect on HW forum. No vulgarities, good argumentation.. Moderators who don't want to play "the kings". Still, the forum is relatively small. I hope it will keep his good atmosphere when we "grow up"

HW has no pretention. Forum, same for website. A small bunch of hard fans started it, and it considerably grew in a small time. Our attitude isn't to become a high traffic site to make money, we have ZERO publicity and it's not in our plan to have any. Try to find a website you regulary visit and doesn't contain a single pub! It's also why you don't see any spam message/emails from HW. People will know about HW because it gives great quality content and useful things (like links and stats), and not because of spam. A place where people who love the Habs can come, express themselves, maybe learn more about the habs with the good job of the writers... and also have the possibility to contribute!

:que:

Bad idea for ESPN not to have moderators. A lot of information was posted publicly about me.

I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN gets involved in a liability suit one day.

And I wouldn't be surprised. They are idiots to have such a large forum with no moderation or control.

I never realized how important moderators are until I went there.

[Edited on 2004/4/7 by Ribeiro]

I remember Guru from the ESPN boards. But was he an idiot?

I remember the tumors who where real jerks. But Guru?

And what happend to the ESPN guru Koz?

Guru used to seem like a decent guy, but most of the time he just tries to get on people's nerves. He's quite good at it too. There are worse people around for sure, but if he doesn't like you, he will let you have it. I didn't used to have a problem with him, but I recently got sick of guys like him and an increased number of trolls and left ESPN.

From what I hear, KoZed still keeps in touch with some guys through fantasy leagues, but he doesn't post anywhere anymore. I guess he got a life, unlike the rest of us, haha.

Originally posted by sakiqc

HW has no pretention. Forum, same for website. A small bunch of hard fans started it, and it considerably grew in a small time. Our attitude isn't to become a high traffic site to make money, we have ZERO publicity and it's not in our plan to have any. Try to find a website you regulary visit and doesn't contain a single pub! It's also why you don't see any spam message/emails from HW. People will know about HW because it gives great quality content and useful things (like links and stats), and not because of spam. A place where people who love the Habs can come, express themselves, maybe learn more about the habs with the good job of the writers... and also have the possibility to contribute!  

:que:

:clap::clap::clap:

Matt said it perfectly. HW is all about the fans, we started it from scratch, we never wanted a profit, (we're completely non-profit) we never wanted advertising (we've got no ads) , we just wanted to provide a valuable resource for habs fans... Anyways I'll stop patting HW on the back right now... hehehe

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recognition. Unfortunately most of my posts come when everyone is sleeping, and are covered up by other eager beavers like myself before you get home from work.

I'd like to thank my fellow posters, the HW Admin, you guys roxorz, and the forum ghosts that make it seem like so many more people read my posts than in reality.

I'm also here to encourage my other fellow posters that you too can reach 500. All it takes is determination, pride, and the belief that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

...Wait a second...

:D Go Bob Go

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...