Trade values for Emelin and Gilbert?

dlbalr

Not sure what this has to do with value of Gilbert-Emelin but;

Taxs don't seem outrageous price to pay for living in best country in world. :halm:

This is actually hilarious, I have never seen a thread go this far off track. Now let me see I will give you 2 welfare section 8's and a canadian flag for emelin.

This is actually hilarious, I have never seen a thread go this far off track. Now let me see I will give you 2 welfare section 8's and a canadian flag for emelin.

Most of the posts on the last page of this thread came from the Cap/CBA FAQ thread which was certainly off track. I think some of these posts will be joining those soon enough...(or in the Politics thread, that hasn't been bumped in a while...).

• 2 weeks later...

An attempt to bring this back on track...

Sports Illustrated has a column on the ten most likely players to be dealt by draft day and Gilbert's on the list.

Tom Gilbert, Canadiens: The Habs are another team that is dealing with a cap crunch, with around $4 million remaining and a bunch of RFAs to get under contract, including Alex Galchenyuk. ... Gilbert is a valuable piece, especially to a team with aspirations of contending and a need for depth on defense. And with one year remaining on a deal that pays $2.8 million he’s an easy fit for many clubs. The Habs won’t get much in return other than cap space, but with Greg Pateryn ready to fill his role, moving Gilbert is a painless solution to a pressing problem.

I'm inclined to agree with their assessment on Gilbert. He'd be a useful short-term piece and his cap hit isn't a killer for one year. I'm still thinking a third rounder (or comparable defence prospect) is a possibility. I don't know if he's gone by the draft though. This deal may be one that happens after the big names go in free agency as a teams' plan B or C.

Too bad couldn't sgueeze a 2nd for Gilbert from someone, but clearing capspace and adding any pick is a +, especially if looking to add a winger on/before July 1st.

Sports Illustrated has a column on the ten most likely players to be dealt by draft day and Gilbert's on the list.

I'm inclined to agree with their assessment on Gilbert. He'd be a useful short-term piece and his cap hit isn't a killer for one year. I'm still thinking a third rounder (or comparable defence prospect) is a possibility. I don't know if he's gone by the draft though. This deal may be one that happens after the big names go in free agency as a teams' plan B or C.

He may be a good add to a bigger trade.

• Upvote 1

I'm all in favor of giving Pateryn and Beaulieu more ice time in 2016. Getting rid of the 'Florida Two' makes sense (Gilbert, Weaver) given our cap situation and comparable defensive depth.

I'm all in favor of giving Pateryn and Beaulieu more ice time in 2016. Getting rid of the 'Florida Two' makes sense (Gilbert, Weaver) given our cap situation and comparable defensive depth.

Indeed.

Don't hate Gilbert as much as some, but I'm Chicoutimi Cucumber and I endorse this post