Should the Habs sign Andrei Kostitsyn?

habs rule

Nope, we're better team without Kostitsyn.

Toronto can have him.

We already have two nice "projects" in Kassian an Holloway. Both thoose are good bets!

Ya see it's not big titsys fault he is or was a drunk. He was following the family tradition. :)

He may have been drunk, but if I remember from the training camp videos, ak46 was always in pretty good shape.

Hopefully this is the last thread we ever have to read about these bums. So long Kostitsyns, thanks for absolutely jack sh*t.

Two year contract, second year is an option. Already said he'll try again next summer. Trust me, we'll hear it again. We will also hear it every time someone in our top nine is slumping. "Should have signed Andrei."

Two year contract, second year is an option. Already said he'll try again next summer. Trust me, we'll hear it again. We will also hear it every time someone in our top nine is slumping. "Should have signed Andrei."

Ha ha, too true. But at least that is marginally more sensible than the other inevitability: 'we should have traded to acquire Player X,' as though this was totally straightforward and the other team was super happy to give us Player X, and ONLY Bergevin's obstinacy or stupidity stopped it from happening.

(Actually, our top 9 does remain problematic. Bergy will deserve some heat. But not for 'failing' to sign these bums).

Ha ha, too true. But at least that is marginally more sensible than the other inevitability: 'we should have traded to acquire Player X,' as though this was totally straightforward and the other team was super happy to give us Player X, and ONLY Bergevin's obstinacy or stupidity stopped it from happening.

(Actually, our top 9 does remain problematic. Bergy will deserve some heat. But not for 'failing' to sign these bums).

Given a choice, I would sign Sergei. I am think he's the better all around player. And younger. Not saying I want him

Better all round player?

Andrei 21.1g & 46pts/82 games

Sergei 15.5g & 41pts/82 games

How was he better? Backchecking/blocking shots/hitting? :blush:

Both have skills, but poor Andrei was 1 year old when nearby Nuclear reactor went BOOM and maybe it really did affect him physically? Because I have never seen an NHLer fall down...in open ice as often as he did. HIs decision making seemed lacking, but nice set of hands, strong as Ox, could skate & shoot and 3 of the 4 full seasons with Habs he had 20 or more goals.

Both have skills, but poor Andrei was 1 year old when nearby Nuclear reactor went BOOM and maybe it really did affect him physically? Because I have never seen an NHLer fall down...in open ice as often as he did. HIs decision making seemed lacking, but nice set of hands, strong as Ox, could skate & shoot and 3 of the 4 full seasons with Habs he had 20 or more goals.

Remember how often he'd go offside because he wasn't paying attention to his linemates?

Better all round player?

Andrei 21.1g & 46pts/82 games

Sergei 15.5g & 41pts/82 games

How was he better? Backchecking/blocking shots/hitting? :blush:

By that logic DD is the 3,4 th best Hab. SK played some center and was better two way. Jmo

For $3.5m with 50pts DD is #1 offensive Hab player for value/production.

(yes he does his negative points and nowhere near the quality player Plekanec/Pacioretty are, obviously)

For $3.5m with 50pts DD is #1 offensive Hab player for value/production.

(yes he does his negative points and nowhere near the quality player Plekanec/Pacioretty are, obviously)

I do wish people would quit acting as if DD is nothing but pure unadulterated crap. He's a one-dimensional, second-tier playmaking C. But in the regular season, at least, he is reliably productive; playmaking has value, after all.

I do wish people would quit acting as if DD is nothing but pure unadulterated crap. He's a one-dimensional, second-tier playmaking C. But in the regular season, at least, he is reliably productive; playmaking has value, after all.

He's a joke in the playoffs. You can't base everything on stats. He's a one dimensional playmaker who frequently dogs it on the back check. No place for him on this up and coming team Edited by GL10

He's a joke in the playoffs. You can't base everything on stats. He's a one dimensional playmaker who frequently dogs it on the back check. No place for him on this up and coming team

I agree, he is no good in the playoffs, due to the lack of size and/or footspeed needed to escape the heightened levels of obstruction.

But in the regular season, he is a good, if somewhat one-dimensional. player. Much better than all the loathing would suggest.

• Upvote 1