Windows 10

dlbalr

Well, now that a bunch of time has passed, anyone else take the plunge and switch?

There's 'only' 10 weeks left in the free download period and Windows has taken the next step towards trying to force people onto it. Now, they're automatically scheduling the download and give you one notification that they've done so. If you close it like you do every other notification that pops up on a near-daily basis, you automatically consent to the download. So if you're like me and don't want to switch yet (or at all), be on the lookout for this.

Can't give you the most technical answer, but I bought a new computer with Windows 10 a couple of months ago and honestly, I haven't had a single fuss with it.

I experienced recently what I guess is a somewhat common problem with Windows 10. Out of the blue, I couldn't left-click on the Windows start button, which obviously made things pretty difficult to navigate. I actually had to rewrite some code in order to get it back up and running. Pretty annoying.

Other than that, I have no issues and it's definitely faster than the 7 that I upgraded from.

The thing I didn't like about Windows 10 was the bullshit quest for dollars for their "apps". I don't want apps, I want a desktop PC that runs fast and free of crap I could wade through with a smart phone if I was so inclined.

I am a gamer and don't want resources controlled by all the crap in Windows 10, but I must say that I am about to re-install it because Windows 7 is going to be left high and dry without support sooner or later, IE works like shit now...

Might as well get 10 for free I guess.

Had to cancel my first "reservation" until my work approved the OS as being compatible with everything at my work. Finally got around to doing it again last week and still hasn't downloaded or anything, so I have no idea what is going on.

I am a gamer and don't want resources controlled by all the crap in Windows 10, but I must say that I am about to re-install it because Windows 7 is going to be left high and dry without support sooner or later, IE works like shit now...

Might as well get 10 for free I guess.

The extended support for W7 is January of 2020. By then, you may be onto an entirely new computer, especially if you're a gamer.

Rebooted from 10 back to 8.0 couple days ago and it upgraded to 8.1 by itself yesterday and again I have lost 'quote', imogi and paste/link function on this website, as I did when last upgraded to 8.1 last year; but I assume when upgrade to 10 I will get function back.

Just couple odd side effects of 8.1.

The extended support for W7 is January of 2020. By then, you may be onto an entirely new computer, especially if you're a gamer.

Glad to hear that... not making the upgrading decision until I absolutely need to then.