Pacioretty: Most underrated in the NHL?

dlbalr

At least one goalie thinks so. Here's some of what Jonathan Quick had to say about him:

When I think of Max, I think of the most underrated player in the NHL. Only three players have scored more goals than him over the past three seasons — and these aren’t all pretty power play goals. Most of his goals come in 5-on-5 situations where space is tight, and I know he had 10 game-winners last season. Max is similar to Tavares in the way he works in dirty areas. It blows my mind that he’s not talked about more because he’s such a great scorer.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jonathan-quick-elite-nhl-snipers-part-2/

I believe they are aware. He fired an agent after that contract was signed, i think.

Yup. His agent convinced him that making Erik Cole money at his young age on the long term was the right way to go.

Still three more years of his contract at that price. Crazy.

Gotta keep in mind he was injured a lot and at the time the se unity probably looked good.

Yup. His agent convinced him that making Erik Cole money at his young age on the long term was the right way to go.

Still three more years of his contract at that price. Crazy.

Gotta keep in mind he was injured a lot and at the time the se unity probably looked good.

I want to take a guess at remembering it being after the Chara attack.

And yes, I think he is in the conversation for being the most underrated in the league. Especially after the past season where he rounded out his complete game, posting one of the best +/-. And then when you add in his bargain salary and leadership, well you have an untradable player.

Impressive that Jonathan Quick singled him out - he's not a goalie that sees a lot of Pacioretty, yet Max seems to have made a huge impression on him. Quick is probably speaking for a large constituency of NHL goaltenders.

WHY is Max Pac so under-rated? It's not like he plays in a low-profile market. I can only assume it's because player worth is now linked to contract size. Sad, really.

Impressive that Jonathan Quick singled him out - he's not a goalie that sees a lot of Pacioretty, yet Max seems to have made a huge impression on him. Quick is probably speaking for a large constituency of NHL goaltenders.

WHY is Max Pac so under-rated? It's not like he plays in a low-profile market. I can only assume it's because player worth is now linked to contract size. Sad, really.

Scoring has dropped in the league but fans still have the mindset that you can't be called an elite winger without scoring 40 goals.

The only left wingers that are treated like superstars are Ovechkin and Nash. Even Zetterberg gets underrated. Jamie Benn won the Art Ross and it feels like nobody remembers that.

Just hope Galchenyuk follows in his footsteps, keeps improving and becomes the next most underrated NHL LWer!

I hope Galchenyuk channels seguin

But Pacioretty is a gm's dream. Top 5 lw in the league paid like a good second liner

I agree you never hear Pacioretty name mentioned with top players. I think last year his defensive part of the game was awesome and he finally is a complete player. Some of the elite players dont play both ends

Yes until you consider both are from Connecticut. Can you name another NHL player from Connecticut ?

Nice compliment still.

To name a few :

Arcobello

Colin Wilson

Chris Drury

Nick Bonnino

Matt Martin

Atkinson

wow you're good ;)

there is only 1 current NHLer from CT with more game played than Patches and Quick.. who is it ?