Sept. 25, Hawks vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Chicago's Lines:

TBD, here is their extended roster for tonight: http://www.habsworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Blackhawks_9-25-151.jpg

Scott Darling and Mac Carruth are the goalies.

Montreal's Lines:

Flynn - Plekanec - Gallagher

de la Rose - Mitchell - Kassian

Carr - Hudon - Smith-Pelly

Blanchard - Dumont - Gregoire

Emelin - Petry

Beaulieu - Lernout

Barberio - Johnston

Price

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS and NHL Network (US only).

Chicago's Lines:

TBD, here is their extended roster for tonight: http://www.habsworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Blackhawks_9-25-151.jpg

Scott Darling and Mac Carruth are the goalies.

Montreal's Lines:

Flynn - Plekanec - Gallagher

de la Rose - Mitchell - Kassian

Carr - Hudon - Smith-Pelly

Blanchard - Dumont - Gregoire

Emelin - Petry

Beaulieu - Lernout

Barberio - Johnston

Price

Fucale

Puck drop is at 7:30 on RDS and NHL Network (US only).

Well you can't say Le Genius is trying to win tonite. I would have used Tinordi rather than Emelin or Petry but wha the heck.

This will be a slaughter, but we are going to find out how Fucale holds up. Ok just saw the lineup for the Hawks, looks like this could be a 0-0 snoozer with whoever scores wins.

No doubt, where's Sherbak?

Ankle injury. He skated this morning pre-practice with MacMillan and Eisenschmid.

Well you can't say Le Genius is trying to win tonite. I would have used Tinordi rather than Emelin or Petry but wha the heck.

This will be a slaughter, but we are going to find out how Fucale holds up. Ok just saw the lineup for the Hawks, looks like this could be a 0-0 snoozer with whoever scores wins.

I'd have liked Tinordi to play as well for showcase purposes (I think Chicago lines up well as a possible trade suitor) but they may want to play him tomorrow and asking him to play 4 games in 5 days is asking a bit much for preseason. I don't know if Fucale will play either. Last year, the #4 goalie only got the one half game. Part of that was because they needed to give Budaj/Tokarski more time but I wouldn't be surprised if Price plays the full game.

I believe that teams have to use X number of NHL vétérans in preseason, as per an official rule.

15.4 Exhibition Games.

( c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4( c), a veteran shall constitute either:

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,

(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,

(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or

(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

A quick glance of tonight's roster has the Habs well over the minimum of 8 - 7 forwards, 4 d-men, and 1 goalie.

I'd have liked Tinordi to play as well for showcase purposes (I think Chicago lines up well as a possible trade suitor) but they may want to play him tomorrow and asking him to play 4 games in 5 days is asking a bit much for preseason. I don't know if Fucale will play either. Last year, the #4 goalie only got the one half game. Part of that was because they needed to give Budaj/Tokarski more time but I wouldn't be surprised if Price plays the full game.

I guess my only comment would be if Tinordi can't play 4 in 5 during preseason, how is he going to make it in the regular season. The young man is fighting for his NHL life, motivation should not be a problem. Fitness should not be a problem. As to Fucale, are we giving him some experience riding the pine? Play him find out what he can do. The kids needs the experience, I think Price already knows what to do. Development is giving the kid safe experience not sitting him on the bench. He is not going to make the team so give him hope for the future. Let him see what it is all about. Sitting on the bench is easy.

I guess my only comment would be if Tinordi can't play 4 in 5 during preseason, how is he going to make it in the regular season. The young man is fighting for his NHL life, motivation should not be a problem. Fitness should not be a problem. As to Fucale, are we giving him some experience riding the pine? Play him find out what he can do. The kids needs the experience, I think Price already knows what to do. Development is giving the kid safe experience not sitting him on the bench. He is not going to make the team so give him hope for the future. Let him see what it is all about. Sitting on the bench is easy.

The Habs are in a 3-in-3 stretch, that's something you're not going to get in the regular season (in the NHL at least; Tinordi has plenty of experience doing so in the AHL). They may prefer Tinordi play more while being better rested tomorrow to better gauge his performance than relying on a back end of a 3-in-3 in September. And as much as people are going to hate this, Barberio needs a look as well as he's in the mix for the #8 spot. Tinordi should play more than him but he too needs a few games.

As for Fucale, preseason is also for getting the NHL'ers in proper game shape, not just player development. There are five games left in the exhibition schedule. Price needs at least two full games and usually gets three. That leaves two games which may/should be used to sort out the backup situation. There's not really another spot for Fucale to play. Honestly, if Price isn't playing the full 60 tonight, I'd rather Condon get the leftover time as Tokarski for sure is getting a full game in the near future. Fucale's dressing as a field filler at this stage, not as a prospect to develop. Price is the priority, not him.

The Habs are in a 3-in-3 stretch, that's something you're not going to get in the regular season (in the NHL at least; Tinordi has plenty of experience doing so in the AHL). They may prefer Tinordi play more while being better rested tomorrow to better gauge his performance than relying on a back end of a 3-in-3 in September. And as much as people are going to hate this, Barberio needs a look as well as he's in the mix for the #8 spot. Tinordi should play more than him but he too needs a few games.

As for Fucale, preseason is also for getting the NHL'ers in proper game shape, not just player development. There are five games left in the exhibition schedule. Price needs at least two full games and usually gets three. That leaves two games which may/should be used to sort out the backup situation. There's not really another spot for Fucale to play. Honestly, if Price isn't playing the full 60 tonight, I'd rather Condon get the leftover time as Tokarski for sure is getting a full game in the near future. Fucale's dressing as a field filler at this stage, not as a prospect to develop. Price is the priority, not him.

Ok I will go with the idea that Fucale is filler, so why bother? Put Condon in or Tokarski, give them a 1/2 game. Watching from the hot dog room would be just as beneficial for Fucale. In times gone by, fondly referred to as the dark ages, the starter usually played at the end of preseason, for the exact reason of getting him ready for the season. Of course as always I defer to the much more knowledgeable Brian, as to how things are done these days. However in the new enlightened NHL I thought all the players came to camp in the "best shape of their careers". Except for Phat Phill of course. I agree that Barbiero should get a look, although, I think his chances are slim. I really liked how Lernout looked, will be interesting to see how he does tonite.

Ok I will go with the idea that Fucale is filler, so why bother? Put Condon in or Tokarski, give them a 1/2 game. Watching from the hot dog room would be just as beneficial for Fucale. In times gone by, fondly referred to as the dark ages, the starter usually played at the end of preseason, for the exact reason of getting him ready for the season. Of course as always I defer to the much more knowledgeable Brian, as to how things are done these days. However in the new enlightened NHL I thought all the players came to camp in the "best shape of their careers". Except for Phat Phill of course. I agree that Barbiero should get a look, although, I think his chances are slim. I really liked how Lernout looked, will be interesting to see how he does tonite.

It's not about who gets a half a game though as it should be Price getting the 60 in this one. They need to dress someone as backup. It doesn't really much matter who does but with the other two playing yesterday and likely playing tomorrow, they'll have Fucale as the emergency guy tonight rather than have one of the other two dress for three straight.

(If Price isn't playing the full 60 tonight and Tokarski playing 60 tomorrow, then I'd advocate for Condon to dress/play this game.)

The good news is that they woke up towards the end of the period. The bad news is they spotted Chicago three goals before they decided to play.

A few positives:

- Gallagher is at least his usual feisty self.

- Carr seems more involved in the play than he did in the first game.

- Johnston looks really comfortable with the puck, especially passing. (His defence, however, left something to be desired.)

If the Habs come out flat in the 2nd, perhaps we might see Fucale after all as a mercy pull to Price.

Boy I don't know, is Price going to make this team? 3 Goals in the first? :rofl: There is a definite lack of talent on the ice. And I don't mean Carey. Did we dress any defencemen? Or forwards? Gotta love the preseason. American announcers trying to sound like it is a good game.

Boy I don't know, is Price going to make this team? 3 Goals in the first? :rofl: There is a definite lack of talent on the ice. And I don't mean Carey. Did we dress any defencemen? Or forwards? Gotta love the preseason. American announcers trying to sound like it is a good game.

According to those same announcers, Montreal has a lot of their regulars in the lineup. That was said before puck drop and their commentary has gone downhill from there. Lernout takes the penalty, they show the close-up of him in the penalty box and we hear "The Montreal kid with the penalty..." (After Lernout's name was shown, then they noted who it was.)

According to those same announcers, Montreal has a lot of their regulars in the lineup. That was said before puck drop and their commentary has gone downhill from there. Lernout takes the penalty, they show the close-up of him in the penalty box and we hear "The Montreal kid with the penalty..." (After Lernout's name was shown, then they noted who it was.)

Well I meant they are trying to make it sound like a good game .....for Chicago. :nuts:

Okay my french isn't too bad for an anglo but I am baffled by RDS's advanced stats.

What are

a) tirs de l'enclave (and passes vers l'enclave)?

b) cadres ?

I think one of them is missed shots/blocked shots (used for Corsi/Fenwick calculations). Not sure about the other.

That was a better second period and I like the line changes:

Carr - Plekanec - Gallagher

Smith-Pelly - Mitchell - Kassian

de la Rose - Hudon - Flynn

Carr had a good chance off the rush and crashed the net a couple of times. Hudon had a good inside out move as well off the rush.

4-1 whats goin on! Cant gleen much on the positive side from comments nor TSN690, seems could count the good Hab plays after 2 periods with one hand? Hudon is playing well eh, nice to hear.