2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

And yet Latendresse was a 28 goal guy, whose career was wrecked by a concussion.... seems he was well on his way to fulfilling his potential when it was injuries that intervened... not being rushed.

Some also claimed that Subban and Price were rushed....

Latendresse, didn't have his big year until he was moved out of Montreal. Concussions may have ultimately ended his career, but Manny wasn't happy with the condition he came into camp.

I don't think they rushed subban - he was ready.

I do think they rushed Price. Both Price and Maxpac had the talent but we're rushed in and really not ready to be pros, they endured through growing pains by strength of their character. They both had the skill, but went ready to be in the NHL. As far as helping players become pros, Montreal under Gainey, wasn't much different than the the flyers under holgrom. The kids were left to grow up on their own. Those with strong character backgrounds figured things out, but too many flamed out.

I think halak taking Price's place made him look haard at himself to become the player he has. Most young players end up being crushed - particularly goalies.

Subban did his time in the minors and I think his family upbringing kept him level headed. while he had a strong confidence in his abilities, like maxpac, it's his work ethic that helped him get through his growing pains.

And yet Latendresse was a 28 goal guy, whose career was wrecked by a concussion.... seems he was well on his way to fulfilling his potential when it was injuries that intervened... not being rushed.

Some also claimed that Subban and Price were rushed....

Latendresse, didn't have his big year until he was moved out of Montreal. Concussions may have ultimately ended his career, but Manny wasn't happy with the condition he came into camp.

I don't think they rushed subban - he was ready.

I do think they rushed Price. Both Price and Maxpac had the talent but we're rushed in and really not ready to be pros, they endured through growing pains by strength of their character. They both had the skill, but went ready to be in the NHL. As far as helping players become pros, Montreal under Gainey, wasn't much different than the the flyers under holgrom. The kids were left to grow up on their own. Those with strong character backgrounds figured things out, but too many flamed out.

I think halak taking Price's place made him look haard at himself to become the player he has. Most young players end up being crushed - particularly goalies.

Subban did his time in the minors and I think his family upbringing kept him level headed. while he had a strong confidence in his abilities, like maxpac, it's his work ethic that helped him get through his growing pains.

Ya know Habs 29 I tend to agree with a lot of what you post. But I can find nothing to agree with you on here. This idea that you can rush a guy into the NHL and ruin him is a fantasy, never been proven never will be. Ribs has grown up and done fine, Price played in the AHL and it was a waste of time, well he did win a championship, he was ready, Max actually said he would rather play in the AHL and play than sit on the bench in the NHL which while it made big headlines is exactly what happened. Big whoop. Y :habslogo:ou want to blame Gainey for everything, you may want to refresh your memory on how things were before Big Bob got here. Now that was a mess. :habslogo:

Karri Ramo is on waivers today. I guess Calgary has made their decision of who to drop from their 3-headed monster (with Jonas Hiller/Joni Ortio). I wonder if Buffalo makes a claim here with Lehner out for a while and Chad Johnson playing like, well, Chad Johnson. Or, they do some sort of trade after the fact with those two and some salary retention.

Also, John Tortorella is back in the NHL as the new coach in Columbus (who will pay Vancouver a 2nd for the rights to a coach they've already fired...that rule needs fixing). This should be interesting.

Ya know Habs 29 I tend to agree with a lot of what you post. But I can find nothing to agree with you on here. This idea that you can rush a guy into the NHL and ruin him is a fantasy, never been proven never will be. Ribs has grown up and done fine, Price played in the AHL and it was a waste of time, well he did win a championship, he was ready, Max actually said he would rather play in the AHL and play than sit on the bench in the NHL which while it made big headlines is exactly what happened. Big whoop. Y :habslogo:ou want to blame Gainey for everything, you may want to refresh your memory on how things were before Big Bob got here. Now that was a mess. :habslogo:

Here is the thing,\

If a kid is put in the NHL, plays badly, his confidence is crushed and he never makes it.... that just tells you the kid was never gonna make it. If you can't regain confidence after losing it, you can't get back to playing well, then you were always going to reach a point you can't recover from. Sidney Crosby just went through a five game slump to start the season, so if he can slump, every NHLer will eventually hit a slump. If you can't recover, youre done.

The only way i think you can ruin a kid is if he's not physically mature enough and thus going to be an injury risk due to playing against men, and should be playing against boys in junior.

Here is the thing,\

If a kid is put in the NHL, plays badly, his confidence is crushed and he never makes it.... that just tells you the kid was never gonna make it. If you can't regain confidence after losing it, you can't get back to playing well, then you were always going to reach a point you can't recover from. Sidney Crosby just went through a five game slump to start the season, so if he can slump, every NHLer will eventually hit a slump. If you can't recover, youre done.

The only way i think you can ruin a kid is if he's not physically mature enough and thus going to be an injury risk due to playing against men, and should be playing against boys in junior.

Good example is Michael Nylander, who was handled absolutely horribly by Pierre McGuire where everyone said his confidence was crushed and he still had a strong NHL career.

Here is the thing,\

I agree totally with this post and in particular the highlighted part.

Ticket prices are out for the 2016 World Cup of Hockey:

worldcup_prices.jpg

I think I can quite safely say there is no hope in hell of me paying out that kind of money unless they bring the rocket and jean back.

Price was a #5 overall pick and Fleury was #1 I think but many seem to think he isn't that good, was wondering if Price is likely the best top five goalie pick?

Ducks lose 3-0, only had 15 shots on the Wild.

They got shut out again last night, 1-0 in OT to Chicago. They've played 8 games and have been blanked 5 times. Ouch.

Speaking of Chicago, that's two straight 1-0 OT wins with Crawford getting the W and Toews scoring the GWG. The last team to do that? Montreal, back in late January of 2015, Price with the W's, Pacioretty the GWG's.

Anaheim's leading scorers are Rickard Rackell, Mike Santorelli and Hampus Lindholm... each has 1g 1a for 2 points.

Anaheim's top 6 forwards are making 30 million this season, and Kesler's raise kicks in next year.... they have 0 goals.

Frederick Andersen is 6th in save percentage. He is 0-3-2 on the season. In five starts the Ducks have scored 1 goal.

Anaheim's leading scorers are Rickard Rackell, Mike Santorelli and Hampus Lindholm... each has 1g 1a for 2 points.

Anaheim's top 6 forwards are making 30 million this season, and Kesler's raise kicks in next year.... they have 0 goals.

Frederick Andersen is 6th in save percentage. He is 0-3-2 on the season. In five starts the Ducks have scored 1 goal.

Andersen alluded to locker room issues.