2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Meh, the Colleges and Junior Hockey Owners make big money off these athletes, I'm not sure the players getting some more money from schools or CHL teams would be a bad thing considering that 80% of these kids never sniff the NHL or the NFL.

Good, Buff is a goon, but in a "lookin' to dirty ya" kind of way, but not much of a guy to throw down honest like.

That crosscheck to the head of the player last year changed my opinion as Buff as a player Montreal should try and acquire.

If he was a goon he would not have let up on Gally. He really could have knocked the KId into the fourth row.

I would right him off for one vicious cross check.

If he was a goon he would not have let up on Gally. He really could have knocked the KId into the fourth row.

I would right him off for one vicious cross check.

Let up? Ha. He's a yellow cherry picker, I've noticed a few times in his career.

Late hit, interference, to the head as initial contact point, on a guy that weighs 200 less lbs, oh yeah he let up alright...c'mon man!.

Let up? Ha. He's a yellow cherry picker, I've noticed a few times in his career.

Late hit, interference, to the head as initial contact point, on a guy that weighs 200 less lbs, oh yeah he let up alright...c'mon man!.

Let up means he could have done much worse and didn't. No chara hit there man. But it could have been. Is all I'm saying.

Guest Stogey24

I agree with both of you. The thing with Byfuglien is, he's a brick wall. So even when he does let up a bit, it's still a monster hit.

There was an interview with Kadri after he got smoked by him. Kadri said he thought his sternum cracked. The guy is an f'in freight train

No wonder he finds a way to smile through all the boos

Do the other commisioners make as much as the top 3 or 4 players in their sport??

Do the other commisioners make as much as the top 3 or 4 players in their sport??

Roger Goodell makes way more than anyone else. He was at $40 million not that long ago. It's believed the MLB/NBA commissioners make more than Bettman (in the $12 - $14 M range) but that wouldn't be top 3 or 4 in their respective sports.

Manfred is said to be making 20 million per season, and Selig was making more than that when he left the game... (including the bonuses they get).

Adam Silver its not clear what he's making, but David Stern was over $20 million.

Florida's current ticket promo:

CT-TjsVXAAAOcJw.jpg

In case you're wondering, apparently a pass at that holiday park costs $28. Though not listed on there, a parking pass for each game is included as well. Similar packages for better seats (obviously those are upper bowl) are $159 and $198.

I think the two t-shirts a. Autographed pucks would be around $99 in canada.

Florida's current ticket promo:

CT-TjsVXAAAOcJw.jpg

In case you're wondering, apparently a pass at that holiday park costs $28. Though not listed on there, a parking pass for each game is included as well. Similar packages for better seats (obviously those are upper bowl) are $159 and $198.

Check out how cheap you can get seats in CBJ or Carolina anytime soon?

Less than $20 any game doesnt matter who's coming in.

NHL doesn't care any more because they have that Rogers TV money.

Check out how cheap you can get seats in CBJ or Carolina anytime soon?

Less than $20 any game doesnt matter who's coming in.

NHL doesn't care any more because they have that Rogers TV money.

The only sport right now in North America where all tickets are expensive is the NFL. Aside from the Red Wings and Lions, I can get Pistons and Tigers tickets for under 20 bucks on almost any game. There are MLB, NBA, MLS and NHL teams where ticket prices are low as well as attendance.

The only sport right now in North America where all tickets are expensive is the NFL. Aside from the Red Wings and Lions, I can get Pistons and Tigers tickets for under 20 bucks on almost any game. There are MLB, NBA, MLS and NHL teams where ticket prices are low as well as attendance.

Well... http://dailysnark.com/browns-vs-49ers-game-tickets-going-13-bucks/

Ouch, make that none of the sports then.That's the thing, these sports worry more about average attendance of all teams and average ticket price. Surely they want all 30 teams charging Leafs prices and the arenas selling out but it's unrealistic.

Can the Oilers snag another #1 pick overall? They are trying hard to do that it seems.

It looks that way Don. wow! This team is just nailed to the basement.

Eventually there maybe be "The Oiler Rule" implemented.

Finish in the bottom 5 more than three years in a row you are out of the lottery the fourth year. You cannot pick first. Automatic, 6th pick.

Those are scalper ticket prices, which are selling below face value, because both teams absolutely suck and have already been eliminated from the playoffs.....

The team got far more for those tickets when they sold them to the scalpers back before the season began.

Guest Stogey24

It looks that way Don. wow! This team is just nailed to the basement.

Eventually there maybe be "The Oiler Rule" implemented.

Finish in the bottom 5 more than three years in a row you are out of the lottery the fourth year. You cannot pick first. Automatic, 6th pick.

I have Talbot in my pool. Great pick