2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

You mentioned forwards slumping at same time, but not Subban's lack of goals dlbalr?

Not a big deal, he is picking up assists, playing "OK" and his goals will come you figure?

You mentioned forwards slumping at same time, but not Subban's lack of goals dlbalr?

Not a big deal, he is picking up assists, playing "OK" and his goals will come you figure?

I didn't want to single out just Subban on the back end so I made it a forwards article. And quite honestly, it was a filler piece more than anything as we don't have much planned on the site this week.

It's because he is NOT shooting the puck like he used to imho.

I think he still is trying to. He still does the exaggerated windups and tries to shoot through the goalie/net with regularity. It's not all the time like before as he has realized that teams are playing him to do just that - and that he can't seem to hit the net often with them.

Just more wondering your take on his lack of burying the puck so far?

(he is 536th and worst shooting % of any player who has scored)

Lack of accuracy and too much predictability, especially on the PP where he is looking to shoot almost every time he sees the puck. He needs to do a better job of getting open and Daigneault needs to draw up a play or two that will make it easier for Subban to do that. I'd also like to see Subban take a few more wrist shots, then opposing d-men may hesitate a split second before laying out to block which might open up enough time to get more slap shots through.

It's disconcerting to me to see PK struggling by his standards. In the past, when he's struggled it's been with boneheaded defensive plays - never on the offensive side of the game. I've always thought of Subban as kind of indestructible, impervious to these kinds of funks; yet now he looks just like any other good, not great, player. This must be kinda how Penguins fans feel when they watch Crosby playing at sub-PPG levels. It's weird...and discomfiting.

So what would be a reasonable number of goals? 3-5? He could just as easily get ten in the last two months.

I'd say 10.

A 17-20 goals season is what I expect from Subban year in year out.

I also keep expecting him to have a LaPoint-type year sooner or later.

I think he has had 11-10-15g in last 3 yrs and on pace for 2.27 this year, just stands out like sore thumb, however he also is on pace for 55pt season which is super by any standard for a d-man.

His career high is 15.

Yep. Anything Under 15 goals would dissapoint me a lot. In my mind, Subban was going to end up closer than 20 goals scored than 15.

Now, he's clearly not even scoring 15 goals this season unless he begins an amazing goals streak on the very next game or so.

I'm a believer, but not that much.

Guest Stogey24

15 goals is disappointing? He was third in the league with 15 goals last year for D-men

Goals can come in bunches, I'd bet his season ending total is close to 10.

Kinda seems like the vets are running MT outta town. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it either

How does a team that is out shooting and out chancing the opposition seem like a team running the coach out of town?

If they have quit on the coach, things would not look the way they have... not even close.

15 goals is disappointing? He was third in the league with 15 goals last year for D-men

Goals can come in bunches, I'd bet his season ending total is close to 10.

Yes 15 goals for Subban would be ok with me.

Under 15 probably means that our PP doesn't work and that we don't score enough goals to win games.

See where I'm going...

These games are becoming a joke to watch.

They let chimera, a 36 year old player, have two breakaways (thats how u know somethings up)

Their defense looks like theyre frozen in their own zone. Theres not much else to say

These games are becoming a joke to watch.

They let chimera, a 36 year old player, have two breakaways (thats how u know somethings up)

Their defense looks like theyre frozen in their own zone. Theres not much else to say

Therrien needs to have them re-commit to defensive coverage. The current D-zone play is unacceptable, and no, it's not all Emelin's fault, although he has to eat hotdogs for a game or two. There are too many lapses from all aspects of the roster when it comes to D-zone coverage. It's a HUGE factor in this skid.

Yeah, CC nailed it ya ask me, the defensive coverage is atrocious, and the forwards, for the most part, are a step too far toward the other team's zone too much, cheating and losing because of it.

Think about it Commandant, when's the last time PK hit the net, let alone score a goal? Max has been playing like the scared new kid in the school district..keeping to himself on the outside. Plex has been playing with the same dozen eggs in his pocket since November. Markov, on most nights, looks every bit his age. None of these guys look to be giving a full 100% effort on any night. I think MT has lost the room, and the so-called leaders are heading the revolution to run him outta town.

I think MT has lost the room, and the so-called leaders are heading the revolution to run him outta town.

We've all seen teams play to get a coach fired over the years. Those games look nothing like what we've seen with the Habs though. Nobody's happy with anyone at times like this from the players to the coaches and vice versa. But I don't get the sense they're trying to get him fired - they're just really fragile with no confidence.

Think about it Commandant, when's the last time PK hit the net, let alone score a goal? Max has been playing like the scared new kid in the school district..keeping to himself on the outside. Plex has been playing with the same dozen eggs in his pocket since November. Markov, on most nights, looks every bit his age. None of these guys look to be giving a full 100% effort on any night. I think MT has lost the room, and the so-called leaders are heading the revolution to run him outta town.

You want to see A team playing to get a coach fired... go back and watch Carbo's western road trip in 2009... .Down 4 or 5 goals by the middle of the second period every game. This is not what is happening here.

You want to see A team playing to get a coach fired... go back and watch Carbo's western road trip in 2009... .Down 4 or 5 goals by the middle of the second period every game. This is not what is happening here.

Gainey firing him on a win in retrospect felt like he told the team he'd make a change if they got back to winning and then came the win in Dallas.