2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Byfuglien getting a hearing for his hit on Gallagher.

Good, Buff is a goon, but in a "lookin' to dirty ya" kind of way, but not much of a guy to throw down honest like.

That crosscheck to the head of the player last year changed my opinion as Buff as a player Montreal should try and acquire.

DD tied #1 scorer on NHLs #1 team, not bad for 3rd line centre eh...he still is awesome value for his salary (with no Pacioretty excuse, what will his critics whine about now I wonder!)

DD tied #1 scorer on NHLs #1 team, not bad for 3rd line centre eh...he still is awesome value for his salary (with no Pacioretty excuse, what will his critics whine about now I wonder!)

Since the critics have been saying for a couple of years now that DD belongs on the third line....most of them are saying I told you so. :thumbs_up:

How about NBs critics?.....what are they "whining" about now? :rofl:

It looks like the elbow was down on impact. That hit was just another "hockey play" imo. One big bastard taking on a small guy..LOVED Gallagher's response though! Kid's full of heart

It's impossible for it to be a "hockey play" when it was, at its very least, interference. You don't get to hit a guy because YOU had the puck a second ago. You can only hit a guy if THEY have the puck.

I was watching a bit of Florida-LA this afternoon. I wonder if the Kings' colour guy is related to Harold Reynolds, the non-stop inane talking MLB analyst for Fox. If there was a split second of dead air, their colour guy went into a long ramble, anything to avoid quiet time. A big pet peeve of mind for commentators nowadays is the outright refusal to let the game breathe a little. It's okay to hear crowd noises; lots of times it sounds better than whatever analysis is being provided instead.

I noticed a huge difference with the quality broadcasters doing Jays games, as opposed to the ramblings of Buck and Pat, they are hard to take...

Harold is even harder to take...

Not NHL-related but we don't have a junior thread. There is a very, very strange situation happening with Flint of the OHL (formerly Plymouth until this year). The owner fired the coaching staff (after beating defending champion Oshawa), presumably because the owner's son wasn't playing enough. In response, the entire team, the owner's son included, quit. I'm quite curious to see how this all plays out...

A couple of reads on this:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/flint-firebirds-players-revolt-after-coaches-allegedly-fired-%E2%80%94-reports-041017912.html

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/how-flint-firebirds-firestorm-came-about/

Not NHL-related but we don't have a junior thread. There is a very, very strange situation happening with Flint of the OHL (formerly Plymouth until this year). The owner fired the coaching staff (after beating defending champion Oshawa), presumably because the owner's son wasn't playing enough. In response, the entire team, the owner's son included, quit. I'm quite curious to see how this all plays out...

A couple of reads on this:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/flint-firebirds-players-revolt-after-coaches-allegedly-fired-%E2%80%94-reports-041017912.html

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/how-flint-firebirds-firestorm-came-about/

Big problem for the league. Owner had better pull in his horns and let the GM, if he has one, run the team. Good to see the kid stood up to his dad and agreed with the players.

Big problem for the league. Owner had better pull in his horns and let the GM, if he has one, run the team. Good to see the kid stood up to his dad and agreed with the players.

I hope this doesn't begin a trend. Just so happen that it worked in Missouri too. Amateurs with a new found Gusto. The inmates running the asylum?

I hope this doesn't begin a trend. Just so happen that it worked in Missouri too. Amateurs with a new found Gusto. The inmates running the asylum?

The players did the right thing.

The owner fired the coach, because he wasn't giving the owner's son (a kid who shouldn't even be in the OHL, he should be Tier II at best) enough minutes of ice time.

The players saw this is complete bullshit and protested

Good for them.

The players did the right thing.

The owner fired the coach, because he wasn't giving the owner's son (a kid who shouldn't even be in the OHL, he should be Tier II at best) enough minutes of ice time.

The players saw this is complete bullshit and protested

Good for them.

I am looking at the bigger picture----- "amateur status"' in NA