Negative GDT: Crappy Habs vs. Oilers, 9PM EST

You're only as good as your last game right? Well stop talking about a nine game winning streak because the Canadiens are LOSERS! This team lost to the Canucks? What is this, 2003? Markus Naslund to Todd Bertuzzi for a beaut? Come on guys!

Now the Montreal FAILadiens play the Edmonton Oilers at 9PM EST on RDS, Sportsnet and Sportsnet 360. The Oilers have Connor McDavid, who isn't as good as Mike McCarron but we'll give him a pass. He a'ight.

Carey Price hasn't played the Oilers in almost two years while the Oilers have won the last three meetings. Get your negativity engines revving up! Habs didn't practice after the loss to Vancouver so not only do they suck but they are also lazy!

Canadiens

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - Galchenyuk - Flynn

Flash - Desharnais - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Petry

Beaulieu - Gilbert

Price

Condon

Oilers

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov

Pakarinen - Lander - Purcell

Letestu - Slepyshev

Nurse - Sekera

Davidson - Klefbom

Ference - Gryba

Fayne

Talbot

Nilsson

Speaking of crappy, here's Brendan Gallagher and Nathan Beaulieu crapping their pants in fear:

• Upvote 2

The Oilers were absolutely horrible last year and managed to shut the Habs out 3-0 I believe. Hard to call this game. Hope Price is in net, if they are flat again he can still get us the two points. Been quite some time since he had two bad games in a row.

missed your coffee this morning MOLG?

:nuts:

LOL

Go Habs Go!

I started with "I just watched Beaulieu and Gallagher crap their pants in a haunted house, how do I mix this with a GDT?" and thus came calling the Habs crappy. The creative process is nuanced.

With no World Series game tonight, Sportsnet is moving this game across their various networks and are doing so in an odd way:

SN East - Montreal feed

SN Ontario - Montreal feed

SN West - Edmonton feed

SN Pacific - Edmonton feed

SN 360 Ontario/East - Montreal feed

SN 360 Manitoba/West - Edmonton feed

I started with "I just watched Beaulieu and Gallagher crap their pants in a haunted house, how do I mix this with a GDT?" and thus came calling the Habs crappy. The creative process is nuanced.

Better than the valentines day PK one. But not by much.

Will there be lineup changes now that the team has lost? I wouldn't be surprised to see Pateryn in at the very least.

In for Gilbert or Nate?

Itching to get a look at Byron (is it?) Kid from the flames? But fourth line guys have all been too good to have one of them sit. That leaves Semin, and I'm not sure he should be sat based on his play either. Depth. :thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24

Offensive zone passing 72.8%, highest on team, offensive zone loose puck recovery 11.7%, highest on team, and second on team in successful passes to slot. Guess who this is... Semin

Offensive zone passing 72.8%, highest on team, offensive zone loose puck recovery 11.7%, highest on team, and second on team in successful passes to slot. Guess who this is... Semin

The way he keeps pucks in is amazing. I've seen him at least a dozen times pre-season and regular season swat pucks in mid-air, get them on the ice and pass to an open player without losing it. If only Semin, Galchenyuk and Eller would stop shooting wide...

With no World Series game tonight, Sportsnet is moving this game across their various networks and are doing so in an odd way:

SN East - Montreal feed

SN Ontario - Montreal feed

SN West - Edmonton feed

SN Pacific - Edmonton feed

SN 360 Ontario/East - Montreal feed

SN 360 Manitoba/West - Edmonton feed

Hey Brian any word on starting goalie tonite. I am praying it is Condom cause I got em .

Hey Brian any word on starting goalie tonite. I am praying it is Condom cause I got em .

Sounds like Price. And you have two other starting goalies, it's not as if you need Condon on your roster...

Byron in, Semin out from early reports of practice.

I like that Byron's in though I'm not a big fan of it coming at Semin's expense.

I like that Byron's in though I'm not a big fan of it coming at Semin's expense.

I'm fine with Semin taking a rest but I don't care for Byron in the top six. I think DSP has earned a shot to play there. Put Flynn on his natural RW, Byron on LW.

EDIT:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - Galchenyuk - Flynn

Flash - Desharnais - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

I'm fine with Semin taking a rest but I don't care for Byron in the top six. I think DSP has earned a shot to play there. Put Flynn on his natural RW, Byron on LW.

Therrien already announced Byron in his spot though.

Flynn goes to Line 2, Byron on the LW with Mitchell/Smith-Pelly from the looks of things.

Semin has earned his paychecks. I think MT is a bit premature here. Not so sure this team got better offensively or defensively with him out. He isn't ripping it up, but I don't think he has been a liability overall.