Negative GDT: Crappy Habs vs. Oilers, 9PM EST

Nice goal...

All the drama over slotting Byron in....Semin hasn't been great and MT probably wanted to get some other guys a shot in the lineup....

Hardly a blender....every coach in the league plays with lines and rotates the extras in games.

Flames too loaded with super stars to make room for him?

From the sounds of things, the Flames wanted Byron to go the minors to get his timing back after missing a bunch of time with various surgeries but to go through, he had to make it through waivers (which he obviously didn't). He had a decent first period overall, you can tell he's fast though.

One downside to moving Flynn (the better faceoff guy) up is it takes away that second faceoff option. Byron can play C but faceoffs aren't a strength of his.

Yes, a second down side is EVERYONE has been raving about the Canadiens fourth line.

So naturally they should get split up. ??

PK off the cross bar. Nice snap shot!

Oil look like the same old same old. Play like a junior team.

this game feels... messy. Slow, sloppy, like they're playing in mud. Not that Montreal isn't playing well, but it feels like they're trying to flow through clogged pipes or something. Edmonton plays a boring game.

I started with "I just watched Beaulieu and Gallagher crap their pants in a haunted house, how do I mix this with a GDT?" and thus came calling the Habs crappy. The creative process is nuanced.

Hahah!

Offensive zone passing 72.8%, highest on team, offensive zone loose puck recovery 11.7%, highest on team, and second on team in successful passes to slot. Guess who this is... Semin

Wow!!

From the sounds of things, the Flames wanted Byron to go the minors to get his timing back after missing a bunch of time with various surgeries but to go through, he had to make it through waivers (which he obviously didn't). He had a decent first period overall, you can tell he's fast though.

I see. Thanks.

Yes he does have speed.

i really don't get this. Before it was Semin-Galchenyuk-DD on the PP - no Eller. Now we have Weisse over Eller. What does Eller have to do to get regular PP time???