Negative GDT: Crappy Habs vs. Oilers, 9PM EST

Subban's also got to learn to ease up on the trash talk. He made a good play to stop a goal, great! Doesn't mean he should ignite the other team with trash talk.

It was an all around lousy effort, kickstarted by lousy coaching decisions.

Oh and Markov who ######ed up his nice game on that ugly pinch on Pouliot's goal...

21 minutes for Markov & Subban.

Outshot 22-10 over last 2 periods.

Whole team earned this loss.

Yep, with vets leading the way.

Funny how Semin and Nates poor play can be posted on repeatedly.

But when its DD stinks the joint out costing the game well, the whole team earned the loss. ha!

Yesterday was best performance by Semin this year.

Beaulieu was fine as #6 d-man, but easily replaceable by Barberio.

DD was responsible for the 4goals against over last two periods...hmm didn't know he was a one man wrecking crew.

3-3 tie. Home team pressing. Minute and half to go. Put out DD line? Whoever it was that said Therrien is no Scotty Bowman ..........can say it again.

Here's the thing though, Desharnais' wingers are both good in their own end...or at least they're supposed to be. Weise fell asleep in coverage (he's the one that should have been on Draisaitl); I didn't see where Fleischmann was on that goal but he's a good player to have out there. Knowing that, the decision to put that line out there makes sense. They're a two-way line and they screwed up between Weise's blown coverage and Desharnais not being strong on the puck. It happens. I don't think it was a coaching mistake to have them out there though.

I had a good feeling going into yesterday too, the Habs hadn't lost on my birthday in a decade. Time to reset that streak.

Here's the thing though, Desharnais' wingers are both good in their own end...or at least they're supposed to be. Weise fell asleep in coverage (he's the one that should have been on Draisaitl); I didn't see where Fleischmann was on that goal but he's a good player to have out there. Knowing that, the decision to put that line out there makes sense. They're a two-way line and they screwed up between Weise's blown coverage and Desharnais not being strong on the puck. It happens. I don't think it was a coaching mistake to have them out there though.

I had a good feeling going into yesterday too, the Habs hadn't lost on my birthday in a decade. Time to reset that streak.

Lets hope so on the streak.

You make a good case for that line. Not my pick with a minute to go but hey.

You say.... it happens. DD being that weak on the puck in a tie game with a minute to go........nah, that should never happen. Period.

Yesterday was best performance by Semin this year.

Beaulieu was fine as #6 d-man, but easily replaceable by Barberio.

DD was responsible for the 4goals against over last two periods...hmm didn't know he was a one man wrecking crew.

No just the game winner for the Oilers.

He was slow, soft and non defending on the play. Which is what you keep saying about Semin. Atleast we know Semin is here on a trial basis for chump change. DD is a star. ha! But looked like a smaller version of Semin when the game was on the line in Edmonton.

I guess that's why MT loves DD so much. That was one of the softest, most pathetic play i've seen in a while. if that was Semin he would have been benched for 10 games.

:thumbs_up:

Well that was a shocker. The team got cocky thought they had the game won. And decided to go for a nice skate. Plex was not good last night. The D was terrible. DD was a ballerina who didn't want to wrinkle his uni. Bring Semin back. That line was no where near as good as they have been. Price must be wondering what he did to piss his team off since they left him on his own for most of the night. I don't think he will be buying any steaks for anyone after that performance.

Tonight they destroy Calgary no let up, no quit, and no Byron. I can hear the blender warming up.

Guest Stogey24

That's what I mean. This team is lacking top 6 talent. How is taking Semin out and inserting a guy who can't even crack calagary's line up(Byron) improving our situation?

That's what I mean. This team is lacking top 6 talent. How is taking Semin out and inserting a guy who can't even crack calagary's line up(Byron) improving our situation?

It's not, which many of us said when Semin was pulled. Basically this team has no choice but to hope Semin starts finding his game. However, I would still expect MT to bench him from time to time, because there are limits to how much floating and irresponsibility any team can tolerate from any given player. This very delicate dance will continue all season long.

With the gigantic caveat that I didn't watch this game, too much is being made of the DD line's bombing out. That line has been terrific all season. If they stunk out the joint last night, they should certainly be called on it, but I wouldn't go drawing any larger conclusions from one stink-o night.

The sad thruth now : We were not supposed to talk about Semin's benching at all. Why ? Cuz we were supposed to ing destroy them, ESPECIALLY leading 3 nothing after 20 minutes.

This game was a defensive collapse, nothing that Semin would have changed.

I saw the shadow of Jacques Martin last night. :1vomit: