November 3, Ottawa vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Terrible challenge

Yeah, that wasn't a smart decision to challenge. Hopefully not having a challenge/timeout doesn't come back to haunt them. It's not the bump from Anderson that was the interference though, it was the spin after from Gallagher that bumped Anderson's head. The puck went in shortly after that. I don't mind the no-goal call, plays like that are waved off frequently.

I'd rather see the international rule adopted where the player can't go into the blue paint if the puck is not there. Call the play dead and face it off outside the blue line.

More plays would be blown dead but there would be a uniform standard, nothing left to interpretation as there is now.

Yeah, that wasn't a smart decision to challenge. Hopefully not having a challenge/timeout doesn't come back to haunt them. It's not the bump from Anderson that was the interference though, it was the spin after from Gallagher that bumped Anderson's head. The puck went in shortly after that. I don't mind the no-goal call, plays like that are waved off frequently.

By the time the shot comes, Gallagher has a defender in front of him, so he's caught between two Senators. Which begs the question, how much time can there be between the contact and the shot?

By the time the shot comes, Gallagher has a defender in front of, so he's caught between two Senators. Which begs the question, how much time can there be between the contact and the shot?

I don't think there's actually a defined time between contact and shot when it comes to the rule actually. I think it's simply a judgement call, did the attacker impede the goalie's ability to save or attempt to save the shot? On a play like this one, it would be interpreted that Gallagher slowed Anderson from pushing across the crease so I suppose the time where it wouldn't have been interference would have been the later of Anderson getting across the crease in a set position to make a save or the time the shot reached the net.

so if a goalie thinks he's out of position on a deflection or a rebound and there's an opposing forward within reach, all he needs to do is sell a good bump and hope that Chris Lee bites on it.

We've seen Price do that before. He's actually quite good at initiating contact to draw enough incidental contact to wave off goals.

A couple of concerns in the 2nd period. 3 odd man rushes in the first few minutes for Ottawa, they caught Montreal's D pinching a few times. There could have been a couple of other chances as well where a Senator forward was in behind the defence. The Habs may have to tone down the aggression from the back end a bit. Also, Condon's playing well but his 'swimming' in the crease is going to be a problem before long. I don't recall hearing much about him being overaggressive and having to scramble to compensate last year.

You guys like that horseshit? I'm sorry but 3 in 3 is just stupid. Even if we won. Garbage

In all honesty when it was adopted I thought it was going to be 5 minutes of 4 on 4 followed by 5 minutes of 3 on 3. Regardless of the outcome, I'm not a huge fan of going straight to it as well.

so if a goalie thinks he's out of position on a deflection or a rebound and there's an opposing forward within reach, all he needs to do is sell a good bump and hope that Chris Lee bites on it.

Anderson (and Price) are very good at it. :nuts: Bad challenge call.