Nov. 14, Avs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Barberio is -7 in last 5gms in AHL and simply might not have the defense to bump anyone slotted above him (why he has played 318 games as a pro and is still in AHL)?

Guest Stogey24

For the second game in a row, Max can't place a one-timer that should be an easy goal. Fires it one of the few places within the net tha the goalie is.

The good thing is though he's getting the opportunities. He's going to start burying those chances at some point

Chucky line best shift they've had in a long time ...

This is one of those games where the score doesn't reflect the play. I thought the Habs played well. That Markov-Subban lapse cost them a goal and you could make a case for the one right after. (If they keep that puck in, the breakaway doesn't happen - Condon made a big save there - the faceoff/goal doesn't happen, and then the faceoff and subsequent goal doesn't happen.)

I don't see Tinordi making it to December. With the second round pick rumours, I could see someone bad offering an early third and Bergevin running with it.

Funny how you would never get a second rounder for Gilbert. Doubt you would get one for Emelin. But Tinordi should fetch a second rounder?

Funny how you would never get a second rounder for Gilbert. Doubt you would get one for Emelin. But Tinordi should fetch a second rounder?

Money still matters. Gilbert makes $2 M more, Emelin $3.25 M more with term. We live in a cap world where half the league is in LTIR or less than $1 M under the cap. That means there's more of a market for the cheaper options.

Semin with two nice passes at the end there

Only line that was not a minus in that period.

Money still matters. Gilbert makes $2 M more, Emelin $3.25 M more with term. We live in a cap world where half the league is in LTIR or less than $1 M under the cap. That means there's more of a market for the cheaper options.

True. $$

Early goal in the second and we are on the come back.

Subban due.

Chucky due.

Condon is crashing g back to earth,..hard..

4th goal was a killer.

I put two on him tonight (1 & 4), the MacKinnon goals were really good shots. I also put the 4th goal on Subban. Enough with the stupid fancy plays - he's going back to old habits slowly but surely and the Habs are worse off for it. You don't get bonus points for the fancy pass, just make the proper play and be done.

And if we're talking about bad goaltending, take a look at what happened to Fucale who blew a 4 goal lead in the 3rd tonight (got yanked after 8), IceCaps lose 9-8 in OT.

The PP has been a letdown as well, they're essentially minus one for four. If they get one on any of those advantages, this game has a different feel to it as a two goal deficit the way the Habs are playing might not have been a big deal. Three goals will be tough to overcome.

The PP has been a letdown as well, they're essentially minus one for four. If they get one on any of those advantages, this game has a different feel to it as a two goal deficit the way the Habs are playing might not have been a big deal. Three goals will be tough to overcome.

Definitely. Games like this are annoying because even though the score is so one sided, there continue to be glimmers of hope. Any of the PP opportunities so far would have gotten us back in the game. They've been disappointing on those opportunities for sure.

I put two on him tonight (1 & 4), the MacKinnon goals were really good shots. I also put the 4th goal on Subban. Enough with the stupid fancy plays - he's going back to old habits slowly but surely and the Habs are worse off for it. You don't get bonus points for the fancy pass, just make the proper play and be done.

And if we're talking about bad goaltending, take a look at what happened to Fucale who blew a 4 goal lead in the 3rd tonight (got yanked after 8), IceCaps lose 9-8 in OT.

It's not just the bad goals, it's the timing of them. Patches is stoned on a great chance after extendedHabs domination, and - BOOM! - Condon lets in a whiffer. Gallagher scores and pulls us to within two, and - BAM! - another softie destroys any momentum.

Best to just put this one behind us. It's too bad it follows that OT loss against the Pens, though, because now the narrative becomes 'Habs, losers of two in a row,' etc., etc..

It'll be a big test for Condon to come back and play a strong game. Has he just been riding a wave, or is he actually a good goalie? We could be about to find out!