Nov. 14, Avs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Best to just put this one behind us. It's too bad it follows that OT loss against the Pens, though, because now the narrative becomes 'Habs, losers of two in a row,' etc., etc..

It'll be a big test for Condon to come back and play a strong game. Has he just been riding a wave, or is he actually a good goalie? We could be about to find out!

Regardless of what happens next game, it's still fair to call Condon a good goalie. Yes, he has played over his head and was due for a clunker (one out of nine ain't bad) but he's still a good goalie regardless of the hot streak. Fatigue is an issue here. He has been a platoon goalie in the pros (save for his postseason in Wheeling two years ago), he's not used to starting six (or however many it is) in a row.

Looks like I picked a good time to fly. Shots were crazy. Did the goalie stand on his head?

Berra played great for Colorado, no doubt about that.

Is it just me or did Semin not look overly motivated tonight? There was one time when I noticed him back check hard but at the same time it was one of those situations that if he didn't it would have been a 2 on 1 and he would have immediately been benched for another ten games. I know its not his style to play with desperation but you would think after all those scratches he would have been out to prove something.

Is it just me or did Semin not look overly motivated tonight? There was one time when I noticed him back check hard but at the same time it was one of those situations that if he didn't it would have been a 2 on 1 and he would have immediately been benched for another ten games. I know its not his style to play with desperation but you would think after all those scratches he would have been out to prove something.

I thought he setup Galchenyuk really well a few times, but Galchenyuk couldn't finish. Quite frankly, other than the weak goaltending, I though the worst habs tonight were Subban, maxpac, mitchell and Gilbert. Subban and Maxpac made horrible decisions, lousy passes and really bonehead plays tonight. It was an old fashion butt whipping and hopefully it wakes them up Monday.

I thought he setup Galchenyuk really well a few times, but Galchenyuk couldn't finish. Quite frankly, other than the weak goaltending, I though the worst habs tonight were Subban, maxpac, mitchell and Gilbert. Subban and Maxpac made horrible decisions, lousy passes and really bonehead plays tonight. It was an old fashion butt whipping and hopefully it wakes them up Monday.

I tend to agree with all that...

Also thought Habs deserved a better fate, especially early as they were by far the dominating team most of the game.

Pateryn looked right at home...

C'mon Carey!

He can't do that when he doesn't get a chance to play.

I liked Pateryns play . Also like NB with Petry on second pair. Now if Tiny could just step up and take Gilberts spot.

He can't do that when he doesn't get a chance to play.

Exactly.

"you are only as good as they want you to be"

Politics.

If he's refusing to go the minors for a conditioning stint, it's his own fault for not getting a chance to play.

If he didn't. Then who's fault is it for him not getting to play?

If he didn't. Then who's fault is it for him not getting to play?

His own. He played lousy in preseason which put himself behind the proverbial 8-ball. Remember, he did not make the team on merit but only because of his waiver status. I don't blame the coaches one bit for not wanting to play him. Take a player who is iffy at best and add in 6+ weeks of rust and I'd be leery to toss him in there too. That's why the conditioning stint is a no-brainer and the organization surely knows that too.

You don't hear much about him being on the ice early or staying all that late after practice either, things that could be done to work on his game or send a positive message to the coaches that he's willing to work. It's up to Tinordi to show that he wants to be in there but from the sounds of it, he doesn't seem to want to do those things. He's the master of his own demise as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

Pateryn/Gilbert and Galchenyuk's line were not on for any goals against, 1st pairing stunk enough in own end for all the d, really liked Markov backing up so his young countryman Grigorenko could walk right out front.

Max/Petry/Gallagher all with 6 shots, but Subban had 8.

His own. He played lousy in preseason which put himself behind the proverbial 8-ball. Remember, he did not make the team on merit but only because of his waiver status. I don't blame the coaches one bit for not wanting to play him. Take a player who is iffy at best and add in 6+ weeks of rust and I'd be leery to toss him in there too. That's why the conditioning stint is a no-brainer and the organization surely knows that too.

You don't hear much about him being on the ice early or staying all that late after practice either, things that could be done to work on his game or send a positive message to the coaches that he's willing to work. It's up to Tinordi to show that he wants to be in there but from the sounds of it, he doesn't seem to want to do those things. He's the master of his own demise as far as I'm concerned.

You make some good points. I did not see any pre season games so I cannot argue that he should have got a chance before "rusting for six weeks in the press box". I don't hear much about him staying late at practice no....or not staying at late, so i wont assume either way on that. If the team thinks that he is not by now, or with NHL playing time be better than Tom Gilbert or Emeilin.Then 1. The coaching staff think very little of him. 2. He'll bring very little in a trade.

I watched him in Hamilton and know he gave his all, worked hard for the team, fought hard, stuck up for teammates and took on some heavy weights he had no business fighting. When he moves on it wont be for lack of trying on his part. I wish him the best and expect to see him playing in the NHL for years.

Well said. I do get a bit tired of this narrative of victimization for every cherished young player who turns out to flop.

Well that was a lousy game! The boys just didn't show up and Berra made a few lucky saves. That's what happens when you only play twice in a week! Let's hope that the coaching staff will remind them that they can't take ANY team lightly...

Question: assuming Price is still a no-go, do you put Condon back in? Or go with Tokarski next game?

That first part is still a definite - Price skated after everyone else for about 20 minutes so he's not game ready; he'll need a few real practices first. Unless Condon says he's too tired, it should be his game. There's a back-to-back coming up Thursday/Friday, Tokarski should get one of those games if Price isn't back by then (which seems likely).

Question: assuming Price is still a no-go, do you put Condon back in? Or go with Tokarski next game?

Definitely go with Condon. They already made that decision pre-season. Price's injury is (hopefully) short term and therefore Tokarski is not part of the long term plans this season. One wouldn't want to mess with Condon's confidence going forward as he still has a lot more hockey to play this season.

Definitely go with Condon. They already made that decision pre-season. Price's injury is (hopefully) short term and therefore Tokarski is not part of the long term plans this season. One wouldn't want to mess with Condon's confidence going forward as he still has a lot more hockey to play this season.

The argument for putting in Toker would be that Condon needs a break after starting so many games - as dlbalr points out above, that kind of load is not in profile. If he does need a night off and you throw him back in, and then he gets shelled again...at that point we have a much bigger problem.

Just saying. There's two sides to the question.