GDT Tribute: Montreal Canadiens @ New Jersey Devils

Commandant

lol I get ripped, bashed, cut up by posters on the board for everyone to see.

Then I get cautioned by the boss, not by PM, but right here on the board.

Habs Rule comments questions this and suddenly its lets "stick to the topic" and "feel free to PM me about the other stuff". ( unless you want to rip Habs30/31 ...feel free to put in large bold letters and pictures) :rofl:

I dont need a brick to fall on me.

Thanks Habsrule, enjoy the rest of the season boys! (all what...eight? of you that is)

GO HABS !

Good Bye

Paul

Huh. I thought Habs 30/31 had brought quite a substantial change to his approach this season. Gone were the constant snide remarks and pointless potshots; in their place were reasonably cogent opinions expressed in a largley civil fashion.

BOOM! All of that collapses in a single thread and, apparently, he's outta here.

Really unfortunate.

Meanwhile, I couldn't watch this one due to other commitments, but I'm intrigued to see that Ghetto had a big night. But I think he's been good pretty much since he arrived. Nobody seems to be taking him seriously, but I for one am not ruling out the possibility that he might turn out to be a good offensive player for us. Is it just me - ?

For the record.... If you were offended Paul, I apologize... that was not my intent.

I don't think you are stupid or a moron or any of those things.... I thought I was attacking the opinion and not you personally..... and hopefully you will read this and take my apology as I don't want you to stop coming here over a silly thing like this.

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, I couldn't watch this one due to other commitments, but I'm intrigued to see that Ghetto had a big night. But I think he's been good pretty much since he arrived. Nobody seems to be taking him seriously, but I for one am not ruling out the possibility that he might turn out to be a good offensive player for us. Is it just me - ?

As soon as I heard he was being called up, I picked him up in the HabsWord fantasy league. I made a post on here saying that I thought he would most likely score a few if he played 2 or 3 games. I'm not surprised as he did similar things last year as you noted.

The only thing is that it's a quite common scenario for players to have that extra little adrenaline in their system in their first few games being called up or traded to a new team. Byron did score in his first couple of games with us after all. More importantly, teams are going to start keying in on him and focusing on him a little more if he continues to produce.

So while I agree that he might be a nice little offensive player for us, I think it will be interesting to see whether or not he can keep it up over the long term. I think this might be the time he finally makes the team though and if anyone from the farm team does, it will be him.

Condon seemed pretty stoked about winning the shootout, or maybe just that he actually did stop a couple, lol, good job by MT mixing things up with the lines, and coming up with a victory again!!

Yeah no need to leave 30/31, as Cukes said your analysis came in more cogent form this season. Maybe just be aware when you're being antagonizing, and you're right that 'moronic' and 'idiotic' are words we should avoid in describing each others' arguments.

Missed this one but saw some nice highlights from Chuck. The kid's showing the skill we believed in with a new confidence and strength this year. He'll be worth 6M plus by the time we have to re-sign him I hope!

Condon seemed pretty stoked about winning the shootout, or maybe just that he actually did stop a couple, lol, good job by MT mixing things up with the lines, and coming up with a victory again!!

I also thought he looked pretty stoked after Stempniak hit the post on his attempt. It looked Condon forgot he had let one in and thought he won the game. But ya he played well tonight and got us the two points.

I'll add the the comments here and just say that I hope that Habs30/31 sticks around. Don't like to see any poster leave especially over a few disagreements that can easily be fixed.

Can we agree Eller had a couple good games this week?

Habs on pace for 130pt season, 18-4-2 not too shabby.

Who would of predicted #1 scoring team with 4th best PP 1/4 way into season?

lol I get ripped, bashed, cut up by posters on the board for everyone to see.

Then I get cautioned by the boss, not by PM, but right here on the board.

Habs Rule comments questions this and suddenly its lets "stick to the topic" and "feel free to PM me about the other stuff". ( unless you want to rip Habs30/31 ...feel free to put in large bold letters and pictures) :rofl:

I dont need a brick to fall on me.

Thanks Habsrule, enjoy the rest of the season boys! (all what...eight? of you that is)

GO HABS !

Good Bye

Paul

There's a reason most of my warnings/cautions towards you are now public. I usually have to run around asking in multiple threads multiple times involving big bold letters embarrassing myself pleading with you to read a PM. That's the only way I seem to get your attention. No one else has wilfully and blatantly ignored requests like you have so yeah, it's going to be done publicly. Though, as you conveniently neglected to note in this post, there were PM discussions as well (you read one just before posting this) where the rationale was discussed in detail. This was not a one-off thing as you well know. Out of respect, I will not post the contents of that PM here despite your desire to make this public.

As for requesting to keep the thread on topic, I do that plenty of times, not just here and not just with you. And as for the PM bit, that's also a common request to help keep the threads on topic or to permit posters to express opinions they may not want everyone else to see.

If you want to leave, that's your choice. If that is your choice, I wish you well.

• Upvote 3

(Had that particular poster on Ignore for long time now, which is awesome option, but he seemed to keep being over the top in his opinions, no matter who he was responding to.

Would like to give a nice smartass parting shot, but really don't care if he is gone or not so wont.)

Who will be in net today? Does playing OT and shootout mean Condon likely "should" not start because may fade in 3rd period?

(Had that particular poster on Ignore for long time now, which is awesome option, but he seemed to keep being over the top in his opinions, no matter who he was responding to.

Would like to give a nice smartass parting shot, but really don't care if he is gone or not so wont.)

DON, the disappointing part is that - surprisingly - he'd basically reformed, it seems to me; he wasn't the same insulting troll of a poster that you 'ignored.' It's also too bad that so may people fail to distinguish a criticism of their opinion from a criticism of themselves. Commandant makes a valid point in that respect. Anyway, I never like it when this board gets smaller, so the whole thing is regrettable (if, perhaps, inevitable).

Paul,

If you are still reading this thread, I urge you to reconsider leaving. This sort of thign happens from time to time, as fans we get passionate in our dislike of certain players just as much as we get passionate in our support of our favorite players...and there will be opposing opinions as a result. I've been where you have been, although to a lesser degree, because I am amongst a minority of fans who had a serious dislike for Saku Koivu...and I'm putting that mildly. Got a few PMs for 'bashing', but from that point on made sure not to just rip on the player...but to point out what ridiculous mistakes he had made in a given game from a hockey perspective, lack of produciton, ect so that it was a hockey based critique and not a personal thing. Some members here still bristled at such pointed criticism, but it conformed with the 'terms of use' type rules so it was accepted, and I've gone on to enjoy visiting this board for years long after the man I used to call Sucko moved on LOL. So count me in among those who hope you stay, because ultimately talking about the games and our team with other fans enhances the fan experience.

Who will be in net today? Does playing OT and shootout mean Condon likely "should" not start because may fade in 3rd period?

Oddly enough, I had just considered taking him off ignore...

Only saw the 2nd period of the game, and even that was because it was on at the bar. I just don't get amped up about games against New Jersey, maybe from years of Brodeur making every game as unenjoyable as possible.

Only saw the 2nd period of the game, and even that was because it was on at the bar. I just don't get amped up about games against New Jersey, maybe from years of Brodeur making every game as unenjoyable as possible.

It resembled a typical NJ game - largely boring with not many chances. From an entertainment standpoint, not very enjoyable.

The 'typical NJ hockey' comments are bang-on. Amazing how they slow the game down and make it as dull as can be. I hope the boys can make some adjustments to prevent the Devils' sedation effect tonight.

The 'typical NJ hockey' comments are bang-on. Amazing how they slow the game down and make it as dull as can be. I hope the boys can make some adjustments to prevent the Devils' sedation effect tonight.

I also think it was more "boring" for Habs fans because it's one of the few times a team has outplayed us this season in my honest opinion. We've been shelled a couple of times but even in those games we were the better team for long stretches.

I felt as though New Jersey outplayed us in the first two but by the end of the game we certainly deserved the win based on our play while the game was close near the end.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I still read for some of the posters here, but 30/31 is the reason I stopped posting.

In true troll fashion, he offered up nothing but jabs and arguments.

I thought you had enough of us Bergevin lovers and decided to go for a forum with more than three members. ;)

Dont leave Paul! I was happy to see you return for the season and even enjoy the bickering. Sometimes we agree on things and sometimes we dont. Thats the way of a pro sports forum.

Dont leave Paul! I was happy to see you return for the season and even enjoy the bickering. Sometimes we agree on things and sometimes we dont. Thats the way of a pro sports forum.

I agree...

Paul,

If you are still reading this thread, I urge you to reconsider leaving. This sort of thign happens from time to time, as fans we get passionate in our dislike of certain players just as much as we get passionate in our support of our favorite players...and there will be opposing opinions as a result. I've been where you have been, although to a lesser degree, because I am amongst a minority of fans who had a serious dislike for Saku Koivu...and I'm putting that mildly. Got a few PMs for 'bashing', but from that point on made sure not to just rip on the player...but to point out what ridiculous mistakes he had made in a given game from a hockey perspective, lack of produciton, ect so that it was a hockey based critique and not a personal thing. Some members here still bristled at such pointed criticism, but it conformed with the 'terms of use' type rules so it was accepted, and I've gone on to enjoy visiting this board for years long after the man I used to call Sucko moved on LOL. So count me in among those who hope you stay, because ultimately talking about the games and our team with other fans enhances the fan experience.

Now I am left with being the shit disturber, I was having fun not doing it all the time. Now I am going to have to go search for that fire Le genius thread. Paul come back. :)

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I still read for some of the posters here, but 30/31 is the reason I stopped posting.

In true troll fashion, he offered up nothing but jabs and arguments.

Typical of you to take shots when he is gone. Proud of your self are you?

• Upvote 1