GDT - The Devil is Back, Saturday Night in Montreal

Commandant

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bad feeling in that final minute for some reason and that's a shot Condon should have had. On the OT winner, bad pinch by Markov and Eller coasted a bit at the end. Andrighetto did well to hustle back and keep it from being a 2-on-0 at least.

3 out of 4 points isn't a bad result. It's weird, both teams that had 2-0 leads blew them, that's not something you see every day.

As the season goes on, I suspect you will see more teams scared to shoot or pass on the three on three. Montreal certainly suck at it.

If new jersey could find scoring, they would get some respect in the league. Very structured stifling system.

What a crap loss. Got up 2, then stopped attacking hard....when will they ever learn that the best defense is to have the puck in the other team's end?!

I would say they were scared of jerseys transition game. Great checking caused montreal to lose possession a lot more than I'm used to seeing.

Chucky is having a week though. Wow

Who was the D man on that last play (couldn't tell if it was Markov or Gilbert)

Either way the D and Ghetto both took bad gambles and lost.... Eller had the puck, but he was in trouble, he didn't have a play.

They gambled and tried to force it, and suddenly its a 2 on 0 the other way.

Should have sat back, dumped it in the corner, regroup and look for another chance to counterattack. 3 on 3 is all about counterattack.

Who was the D man on that last play (couldn't tell if it was Markov or Gilbert)

Either way the D and Ghetto both took bad gambles and lost.... Eller had the puck, but he was in trouble, he didn't have a play.

They gambled and tried to force it, and suddenly its a 2 on 0 the other way.

Should have sat back, dumped it in the corner, regroup and look for another chance to counterattack. 3 on 3 is all about counterattack.

For now it is. I will wager that by the end of the season it will be about not giving up the puck.

I had a bad feeling in that final minute for some reason and that's a shot Condon should have had. On the OT winner, bad pinch by Markov and Eller coasted a bit at the end. Andrighetto did well to hustle back and keep it from being a 2-on-0 at least.

3 out of 4 points isn't a bad result. It's weird, both teams that had 2-0 leads blew them, that's not something you see every day.

That was the worst goal I have seen him give up. There really is no excuse for that one, but he did a good job. He blew one it happens. I had the same feeling that it just wasn't going our way.

Almost every top Hab skater were -2.

I had visions of hats reigning down on the ice for lil Alex on an EN goal to finish game, but things went a bit sideways in the 3rd. :thumbs_down:

But the kid was 11-14 (79%) on faceoffs and couple of goals and was still another sweet game for him.

Guest Stogey24

Almost every top Hab skater were -2.

I had visions of hats reigning down on the ice for lil Alex on an EN goal to finish game, but things went a bit sideways in the 3rd. :thumbs_down:

But the kid was 11-14 (79%) on faceoffs and couple of goals and was still another sweet game for him.

Ya and Plekanec stuggled in dot, but was out for final faceoff in reg. Galchenyuk needs to start getting leaned on a little more.

Ya and Plekanec stuggled in dot, but was out for final faceoff in reg. Galchenyuk needs to start getting leaned on a little more.

I don't even blame Plekanec for the final faceoff loss. He won it backwards, in the circle, but Subban got beat to the loose puck.

The final in-zone faceoff was on an icing I believe so they couldn't have made the switch even if they wanted to. (And if they did want to switch, I think Flynn may have got the nod.)

Some press conference notes from Bergevin:

- Price will be out at least six weeks. According to doctors and Price, he wasn't rushed.

- Bergevin said team has no need to bring in a veteran goalie as he's confident with Condon and Tokarski and the team in front of them. Did not rule out calling up Fucale if need be.

- Said Rick Dudley was responsible for bringing Mike Condon to his attention after the two games in which Condon stopped 76 of 81 shots in the AHL for Houston.