Montreal @ Carolina Dec. 5 7PM est

DON

19-5-3 Habs take on 8-13-4 Hurricanes.

Habs PP 4th, PK 2nd

Car PP 30th, PK 29th

Carolina has called up 3 AHLers, while superstar Stall only has 4g and J. Faulk leading their team with 8g 18pts

Averaging <11,000 fans per game and lost 8 of last 10, so not expecting a good game at all, but maybe Subban can score and double his goal total (gotta hit the net first and not sail shots by Pacioretty's nose).

GHG

Therrien suggested yesterday that Carr might get into the lineup for this one. I hope he does, especially since he's likely going to be sent down in the near future with Semin soon to return.

Seriously, why is Semin even in the conversation any more. I'd rather see a guy from the AHL given his spot

Seriously, why is Semin even in the conversation any more. I'd rather see a guy from the AHL given his spot

Even if the spot is frequent healthy scratch (which is what Semin's role seems to be)? I'd rather the youngsters play than sit more often than not.

Carolina is benching Kris Versteeg today (notable since he's tied for 3rd in team scoring). Their projected lines:

McGinn - E. Staal - Lindholm
Skinner - Rask - Di Giuseppe (NHL debut)
Nordstrom - J. Staal - Nestrasil
Malone - McClement - Terry

Hainsey - Faulk
Liles - Pesce
Hanifin - Slavin

Of their many young defencemen, I'm interested to see Pesce. He quickly made it to the NHL and was someone we had on our radar for one of Montreal's picks in the 2013 draft. (We had him at 55 in our mock where Lehkonen was picked instead; Pesce went 66th.)

Even if the spot is frequent healthy scratch (which is what Semin's role seems to be)? I'd rather the youngsters play than sit more often than not.

Maybe if someone from the AHL club was given his spot they wouldn't be a healthy scratch like the guy they're replacing because they can actually do something on the ice instead of take up space like Semin.

Guest Stogey24

Semin played well right before he got hurt.

Maybe if someone from the AHL club was given his spot they wouldn't be a healthy scratch like the guy they're replacing because they can actually do something on the ice instead of take up space like Semin.

Could be. Thomas is getting a look right now and Carr will tonight with Smith-Pelly being a no-go. Andrighetto has helped his cause to push someone (such as Semin) out but the decision on him is further down the road. I'd say Thomas hasn't done enough to warrant a full-time spot in the lineup though (let alone one on the roster as a healthy scratch). I'd rather have Semin up and sitting (or playing) than Thomas when both are healthy; that way, Thomas would be playing in the minors which is better than sitting.

Di Giuseppe is another former Wolverine (Mac Bennett teammate) and looked good when he was in the NCAA.

Is Pateryn sitting again?

Great to hear Carr is in for Pelly (they say Pelly has minor injury, of course that is not good, just Carr getting his shot is)

Well it will be the #1 East team vs #16 and I think Carolina is heavily scouting Auston Matthews already, with zero hope of Cup win this year.

On paper a 4-1 score would seem likely outcome for this one.

Carr is a whirling dervish out there. I would call it adrenaline from being a call up but everything I've read says he's like that all the time. Full bore full time. Just like gallagher.

I don't agree with the Gallagher comparison, especially when it comes to his motor. Gallagher is in a class of his own (or a very small group), it's not fair to him to put the two together. Carr is a smart player who has a bit of an edge. That's how I'd describe him.

Carolina may not be good but one thing they're good at is suppressing shots. They allow the fewest shots per game in the league at 25.4 (and are top-10 in shots for per game too).