Montreal @ Carolina Dec. 5 7PM est

DON

Yeah I'm not liking Therrien's blender. Why break up DD's line? Leave it alone, it's the only line not F'ed up by injuries. Hope the infirm get well soon.

Oh and on a second note, trash Emelin and bring Pateryn back. Thank you.

Edited by Habs owned the 70's

We didn't play well and didn't deserve to win to be honest. I didn't like lines combination. Play DD with Flashy and Weise, Pleks with Max and Carr maybe and keep Chucky's line as it is.

Yep.

Worst game the Habs have played all year, a real stinker...

Outshot em 38-29, Pacioretty had 7 of those (just keep shooting Max) and Eller gets 3:46 of PP time, which is nice for a change.

Carr 1g 3 shots in 8:26, super first game. :clap:

But, as was pointed out is not the first loss suffered to a non-contending team this year (or last) and is tough loss to explain (and stomach), but not end of world and very unlikely to underestimate the Bruins nor Wings.

Games like this make me happy I didn't order Centre Ice. I still watch all the national games and stream once a week, but by gum, a stinker vs Carolina? I'm happy to be without the aggravation.

Last night was a black hole for hockey. The only game on national TV was Detroit/Nashville.

well that game sucked. The magic blender was out in full force, I guess Le Genius found it. It is hard to believe that the few injuries we have are the reason we lost.. I think the guys took Carolina lightly and in the second period the Canes were kicking our asses. Can't really blame Condom, he needs help out there. Pk needs some new sticks, he couldn't hang on to the puck last night. Great to see Carr have a really good night. He wants to come up, and looks like it. Not impressed with Emelin, I think he and Gilbert should maybe go play someplace else. Where is Pateryn? I liked him.

Boring game against a boring team in a boring building. Habs were as unmotivated to play these guys as we fans were to watch the game. Just a giant waste of time and energy. That the rookies were the only ones who did anything (although MaxPac was leading by example, good for him) is symptomatic; only they were not indifferent.

Emelin, in particular, stunk. Watching him get owned by mediocre Hurricanes forwards was depressing.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the board is retaining perspective rather than getting into high dudgeon. These games happen to all teams. What's unfortunate is that we didn't win the game against Washington, where we dominated the play - which means we're 0-2 where we should be 1-1. Oh, well. Long season, sh*t happens.

At least that was one of the more interesting games. A late comeback, OT, and the ever-rare hat trick by a defenceman.

I wish I watched it. My gf tool advantage of a rare off Saturday night from hockey to queue up an Amy Schumer movie. The type of film tailor made for millenial women with tampon jokes, celebrity cameos and one liners.

Boring game against a boring team in a boring building. Habs were as unmotivated to play these guys as we fans were to watch the game. Just a giant waste of time and energy. That the rookies were the only ones who did anything (although MaxPac was leading by example, good for him) is symptomatic; only they were not indifferent.

Emelin, in particular, stunk. Watching him get owned by mediocre Hurricanes forwards was depressing.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the board is retaining perspective rather than getting into high dudgeon. These games happen to all teams. What's unfortunate is that we didn't win the game against Washington, where we dominated the play - which means we're 0-2 where we should be 1-1. Oh, well. Long season, sh*t happens.

Melnick thought the boys had a few extra pops after the Washington game. I agree that they at least saw a break in the schedule followed by three divisional games and looked past the Canes.

The Habs are starting to feel the effects of injuries. Not as many goals, and Condon's given up more than two goals in seven of nine games.

Guest Stogey24

So tired of Emelin.

The Habs have 11 blocked shots tonight - the 3rd pairing has 9 of them (Emelin 4, Gilbert 5).

Makes sense. Those two couldn't get the puck out to save their lives.

• Upvote 1

Third pairing was atrocious, yep, but I think MT's blender has Pleks dried up, Byron is not the winger he needs to put up points, unless of course Patch is the other winger.

Are we seeing the team's future in Pleks on the 3rd line? :ph34r:

Guest Stogey24

Third pairing was atrocious, yep, but I think MT's blender has Pleks dried up, Byron is not the winger he needs to put up points, unless of course Patch is the other winger.

I don't know if Plekanec is playing through an injury or what, but he hasn't look himself lately.

He's playing like Eller used to when he was saddled with 4th liners and marginal NHL players.

I don't know if Plekanec is playing through an injury or what, but he hasn't look himself lately.

Guest Stogey24

He's playing like Eller used to when he was saddled with 4th liners and marginal NHL players.

Pacioretty and Plekanec were split up for a reason. It's not his linemates

Bbp mentioned blocked shots, was gonna note how many the 3rd pairing had compared to rest of team and not in a good way. Emelin & Gilbert together is just darn scary almost every shift. Gilbert had ton of time, was wide open no pressure, then just coughs up puck leading to long offensive play for Carolina near start the game and that duo went downhill from there.

Considering his ice time was closer to that of a #1 C than a #3 C even with Byron on his line, I'd say we're not near that point yet. With the jumbled lines used vs Washington and to start vs Carolina, the pecking order in terms of deployment was Desharnais 1, Plekanec 2, and Galchenyuk 3.

I don't get why when Emelin comes back into the lineup Beaulieu's minutes drop. What does Therrien see in this guy?

Beaulieu's minutes the last two games are lower than his season average (three technically but his fight was the reason in the other one) so I don't think the question so much is what does Therrien see in Emelin but rather what did Beaulieu do to get benched? Before Emelin got hurt, Beaulieu was playing #5 time and now he's playing #6 so I don't think it's so much Emelin's return as it is something Beaulieu did (or didn't do).

Guest Stogey24

Washington and Carolina Beaulieu's minutes were a little over 13 Mins. While Emelin was almost at the 20 mark.

Funny how we lose both those games and Emelin is -2 against Washington