Alexander Semin on waivers

dlbalr

Nice! Obviously his ego is too big to play in AHL? not that he can even keep at to that speed anymore.

Bergy took very little risk in signing and just glad the experiment is over, let the youth play (for now at least)!

(Never got a fair shake, I hope you are f'in joking, the dude is totally washed up and is skating at beer-league speed)

For those wondering if he'd report to the minors, if Semin wants to go to the KHL this season, he has to agree to a contract termination where he walks with nothing (beyond what he has already been paid, of course).

He will happily collect his buyout money and go to the khl. Bergy better get this team a true top 6 talent before the deadline. Weise, Byron, dsp, Flynn, aren't cutting it.

Uh, in case you haven't noticed, MTL remains first in their division, first in the conference and second in the entire league. I am sure Bergevin is looking at any deal to improve the club, as he always does, and the team can always get better, but I don't think you could ask for any more production from Weise or Byron. Flynn still has some room to improve while DSP seems to have peaked as a hard checking 4th liner who can occasionally play up on one of the top lines

Well he was never Le Genius type of player and he really didn't get much of a chance. But given that he never will get a good shot best to let him go. It is just the way it is. He will probably head back to the KHL if he can find a team that wants him.

Uh, in case you haven't noticed, MTL remains first in their division, first in the conference and second in the entire league. I am sure Bergevin is looking at any deal to improve the club, as he always does, and the team can always get better, but I don't think you could ask for any more production from Weise or Byron. Flynn still has some room to improve while DSP seems to have peaked as a hard checking 4th liner who can occasionally play up on one of the top lines

That's part of the issue. We can't ask for better production from those guys. Weise shooting percentage while he was hot was not sustainable. The team has looked quite mortal lately. The puck isn't going in the net anymore. It is common knowledge that Pacioretty Price and Galchenyuk are way underpaid. Subtracting Ellers slight overpayment and Emelins moderate overpayment won't even come close to aleviating the cap implications in three years. The time to win is now. I just don't think they can do it with the current top 6 depth. The fixes for top 6 depth were Kassian and Semin. Both have failed, but with a tiny glimmer of hope that Kassian can do something he has never done. Perform

So...status quo, until Kassian gets his shot at it?

They'll keep running the rookies out there to see if they have an internal solution (or to showcase them if you want to think about trades). That will cover them in the short-term. (There may be a callup tomorrow based on Smith-Pelly hitting the IR.) Who knows when Kassian will be available or even if he'll be available? (I suspect the organization even only has a best guess at a timetable.) I can't see them holding off on doing anything until Kassian comes back; he was a fourth liner in the preseason so I don't think they figured he was a top six guy at that time.

Like I keep saying, there are people on this board putting WAY too much stock in Kassian.

As for Semin, I'm hard pressed to think of a player I've cared less about in the Bergevin era. Garbage in, garbage out. See ya.

• Upvote 1

Like I keep saying, there are people on this board putting WAY too much stock in Kassian.

As for Semin, I'm hard pressed to think of a player I've cared less about in the Bergevin era. Garbage in, garbage out. See ya.

Here's a few candidates:

- Mike Blunden

- Martin St. Pierre

- Patrick Holland

- Joonas Nattinen

- Eric Tangradi

- Drayson Bowman

- Bryan Allen

No...Semin was suckiest of all, he was slower than Doug Murray, couldn't even stay on his skates and fell down more often than AK46, but disliked Squid more of course and funny that both wore #13.

Maybe they should delete that number from further use. :flaming:

Not at all shocked. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrighetto, Carr & Thomas were rolling their eyes listening to Semin quietly complain when there were no cameras or coaches around. I suspect his grace period was cut short with his complaining.

Oh well, what is it now - a 950 K cap hit when all is said and done? No biggie.

And finally, no doubt some posters in here are going to see my post and react with, "AC, where have you been, we thought a UFO got you?" :tumbleweed: = me

Funny thing is my profile probably needs changing. it's been so long that my favorite Habs are probably retired by now, or have moved on. ;)

Here's a few candidates:

- Mike Blunden

- Martin St. Pierre

- Patrick Holland

- Joonas Nattinen

- Eric Tangradi

- Drayson Bowman

- Bryan Allen

Ha ha, now there's a trip down memory lane! (OK, not really a lane...more like a dismal garbage-encrusted back alley somewhere). Boy, Semin is keeping some distinguished company.

On reflection, it's good that we let Semin go. Today's NHL team can't afford to carry more than one player whose name is a phallic pun. Condon's got the job 'wrapped up.'

My personal hope is that Semin gets absorbed by Winnipeg. Then, if we're really lucky, we can hear the announcers call: SEMIN...TO CLITSOME...HE SCORES!!!!

No...Semin was suckiest of all, he was slower than Doug Murray, couldn't even stay on his skates and fell down more often than AK46, but disliked Squid more of course and funny that both wore #13.

Maybe they should delete that number from further use. :flaming:

Haha, Squid is ripping it up this year.