Dec. 9, Bruins vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

What a garbage game.

Do you think Semin might have been better than rolling four minor leaguers. It might be smart to just tune this team out until Price is back. Without Gallagher, their scoring issues are cropping up, and Condon lets in three every game. With Price's injury issues, I think it's time to invest in a backup. Khudobin for Tinordi sounds about right.

I hate losing to Boston under any circumstance, but having a repeat of what happened in Washington took the cake.

Credit to the Bruins-we've seen Montreal do this for years. Lay back, clog up the middle, cash in a few chances and sit back some more.

We weren't gonna go 82 games without a slump.

Fact is I'm not too worried because the team is still playing well (they've been the better team in each of the last 3 games) and just not getting breaks. Its gonna happen.

I want to be a terrible fan and just shut it down until the Winter Classic tbh. Four minor leaguers and no Price-this ain't the Habs! Catch some Christmas cheer and save an ass pocket full of aggravation.

I don't know what's up with Subban but he's starting to get on my nerves. He's falling with regularity (and it's costing them), he's back to not being able to hit the broad side of a barn most of the time with his shot, and his effort level when it comes to back checking - often on his screwups - is inconsistent at best. Plekanec and Pacioretty are taking some heat and justifiably so as they're the scoring leaders but nowhere near enough has headed Subban's way.

That all said, it's not just on one or two players when the entire team (more or less) slumps at the same time. Lots were scoring early on this year and these things have a tendency to balance out.

• Upvote 1

We weren't gonna go 82 games without a slump.

Fact is I'm not too worried because the team is still playing well (they've been the better team in each of the last 3 games) and just not getting breaks. Its gonna happen.

Well that is all great if you like "moral victories" myself I want pure golden wins. Points in the win column. We are still in need of that SNIPER i have been talking about for 3 or 4 or 5 years. I was hoping maybe Semin could be that guy but hey 10 games you are out of here. The magic blender is once again spinning away. We are losing and the kindly old coach Le Genius can't figure out what is wrong. Well here is a little hint for you, you need to score some forking goals. The same problem you have had for 3 years.

I would echo Dlbalr's sentiments, only not just with Subban(although him most), but the whole defense core, they were turnover machines last night vs Bruins, and it was the D that lost us that game... although it certainly would be nice to see some of the veterans score.

No big deal at this point with the head start in the standings we had, still looking like the best team on the ice most nights, even in our little injury plagued slump... that said, I would like to see a trade for a scoring threat, and the shake up/head shake.

Guest Stogey24

I don't know what's up with Subban but he's starting to get on my nerves. He's falling with regularity (and it's costing them), he's back to not being able to hit the broad side of a barn most of the time with his shot, and his effort level when it comes to back checking - often on his screwups - is inconsistent at best. Plekanec and Pacioretty are taking some heat and justifiably so as they're the scoring leaders but nowhere near enough has headed Subban's way.

That all said, it's not just on one or two players when the entire team (more or less) slumps at the same time. Lots were scoring early on this year and these things have a tendency to balance out.

Subban hasn't been nearly as bad as Plekanec, but this forum seems to have a hard on for him, so any negativity directed towards him is completely shut down

Well that is all great if you like "moral victories" myself I want pure golden wins. Points in the win column. We are still in need of that SNIPER i have been talking about for 3 or 4 or 5 years. I was hoping maybe Semin could be that guy but hey 10 games you are out of here. The magic blender is once again spinning away. We are losing and the kindly old coach Le Genius can't figure out what is wrong. Well here is a little hint for you, you need to score some forking goals. The same problem you have had for 3 years.

He knows what's wrong with the offense-33% of it is from St Johns.

Over 82 games you cant go 82-0.

Im fine with playing well and taking a couple losses, rather than playing crappy and lucking out december wins.

Playing well is going to lead to wins in the spring.... and those are what im worried about.

As for score some freaking goals? Again a short slump for one of the highest scorinh teams in the league

• Upvote 1

3 game losing streak, 3 games that could have been won. Not the end of the world. This game and the Washington game were similar in that we ran into elite goalies that played a great game. The only thing I think that could be concerning is the giving up of the leads. Hopefully it is just a blip and not a problem moving forward.

Marchand outworked Galchenyuk, who fell asleep at the wheel for that killer 3rd goal, he is still learning the position.

Repeatedly whining about a guy who is on 73point pace, leads team with +10 and has 5pts in last 6gms is getting old.

Now the guy who is drifting pucks over the crossbar from the point, past teammates heads and John Daley never had as big a wind up and telegraphed shot as he does. He plays 1/2 of every game, almost every second of the PP and has 1g might be more to whine about then Plekanec.

Marchand outworked Galchenyuk, who fell asleep at the wheel for that killer 3rd goal, he is still learning the position.

Repeatedly whining about a guy who is on 73point pace, leads team with +10 and has 5pts in last 6gms is getting old.

Now the guy who is drifting pucks over the crossbar from the point, past teammates heads and John Daley never had as big a wind up and telegraphed shot as he does. He plays 1/2 of every game, almost every second of the PP and has 1g might be more to whine about then Plekanec.

Yeah Galchenuyk got beat bad there, but on the other hand, there were no dman behind the net, obviously with Gally and Marchand, and no dman either in front of the net. That was way more costly than just a lost battle.

Yeah Galchenuyk got beat bad there, but on the other hand, there were no dman behind the net, obviously with Gally and Marchand, and no dman either in front of the net. That was way more costly than just a lost battle.

Yep, it was just as much about Emelin and Petry, half way up the right boards, both missing the puck and failing to prevent the pass out front, so not so much all about Galchenyuk, as the totally lame D coverage, that way the whole 3rd, hard to blame Condon either.

I think with the quick start expectations are a tad high. We pretty well lucked out last year with injuries, this year we may be playing as many as four or five that were not good enough to be on opening day line up. Your all-star goalie is out. Enough said!

Who is taking today's GDT? It looks like there are three lineup changes for tonight...

As usual, I will gladly step in for Saturday's GDT if we happen to need to break up a dreadful 4 games losing streak.

No, just watched goal again a couple times again and Galchenyuk had a step (or two) ahead of Marchand and simply coasted till was too late.

Emelin lost his stick on the boards was why he was so out of position and Petry joined him, but if Galchenyuk had of been on the ball, would of been no pass out front to wide open Bruin and centres are responsible for defending down low, unlike wingers

Oh sure, Galchenyuk was awful on this play. But a lost battle behind the net doesn't mean that a player has to be all alone in the slot.

Thruth is : both dmen were nowhere to be seen around the open guy on this play. Not even close to applying any kind of opposition on him. A walk in the park.

Petry was disgusting yesterday. His pass to Subban on the breakaway goal, right in the skates, was Junior A level, maximum. Put Subban in the worst possible position and he had to try to dump the puck. This is why Chara was able to perform a miracle pass to Marchand (how Lucky was that, by the way).

And then, on the last goal, like you said, along the board for whatever reason. Emelin as well, very poor sequence by both our dmen AND Galchenyuk. Worst timing.

Edit : I suspect Petry to have been hangover from his b-day party yesterday.

Yes I agree was goof ups all round and as Pacioretty said he was on for 2 3rd period goals and took partial blame, which is good to hear (though should he of been at fault? I don't know at all?)

Oh well, on to the next game, GHG!