Montreal vs. Tampa Bay | December 28th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

If that's interference, This ain't hockey

I've seen a lot less get called for goalie interference. I could easily have understood them ruling that the TB player used his stick to drive Condon further out of position.

Should be no call on Weise, but again, won't be shocked if it goes the other way.

Guest Stogey24

I've seen a lot less get called for goalie interference. I could easily have understood them ruling that the TB player used his stick to drive Condon further out of position.

Should be no call on Weise, but again, won't be shocked if it goes the other way.

Nah

WOW, Mtl cluless 3 vs. 3. Galchenyuk and Fleichman were the only ones who seamed to have any idea what was going on. DD was particularly bad with a few very week / dumb turnovers.

They were smartening up towards the end of the OT in terms of knowing when to skate out with the puck and hold for a line change but it seemed like everyone forgot what to do in the first bit. Petry did a great job shadowing Stamkos the one shift; he never let him get free. The 2-on-1 with Eller and Pacioretty was ugly though.

Glad he scored the winner and all, but whoever at Sportsnet chose Max as the game's 1st star is out of their mind.

A lot of the networks give the player with the GWG/GDG 1st star no matter what.

Andrighetto played a career high 16:01 and was more noticeable than he had been the last few games. Surprisingly, Carr played the least of anyone.

Only two Habs failed to record a shot on goal, Mitchell and Desharnais.

Mitchell hasn't looked right since returning. I don't expect him to be on the tear he was going on pre injury but even his defensive coverage is a bit off. I don't think he's in game mode yet.

Desharnais got an assist but boy he's been meh.

Ghetto looked strong, should earn him another game. I liked Barberio too for the most part. It is tough to earn Therriens trust but I hope he does.

I agree MoLG, Andrighetto had a solid game-really looked like a spark plug tonight. Vinny Barberino was all over the place making plays and had a great night. Too bad that probably means they'll both be scratched by MT tomorrow. I just don't get why he does that to certain guys? Did Desjarnais look like he would be missed if he sat tomorrow? I won't even mention Max..I guess he can get a pass tonight because of the shootout

WOW, Mtl cluless 3 vs. 3. Galchenyuk and Fleichman were the only ones who seamed to have any idea what was going on. DD was particularly bad with a few very week / dumb turnovers.

Yeah we seemed to not care about giving up the puck 3 on 3, while Tampa would hold on to it for a shift at a time. DD's lack of speed is exposed with that much space, and he's too weak to hold on to the puck without passing options. If there's any time to give Galchenyuk some extra shifts it's with that much space.

All in all we were lucky to come out with two points, but it's what we needed. Hope they won't take Florida lightly.

Outshot them 2-1 in OT, but still seemed very scrambled play 3 on 3.

Great to see Beaulieu play 22:21, but 14:55 for Galchenyuk still not enough.

Condon must be happy to have had some goal support again, he made some super saves, but that first goal was a weak one that he needs to make simple stop and give up on the batting pucks away.

At no point, in any of the ot games, has dd and max looked dangerous. Idk why MT keeps going to that well

Both are in a serious funk. I know it's easy to accuse guys of being lazy but with Pacioretty it's like his controller keeps getting unplugged. His brain isn't in the game. Desharnais and him are starting to have negative chemistry. Then you got Dale Weise working his ass off all night, especially in the third period. You'd think that would click in for Pacioretty. Hopefully that shootout winner sparks something in him and the stars align again.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Weise should be the top line.

Carr - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto would combine our best young offensive weapons together.

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Byron would be a solid defensive line with offensive skill.

Flynn - Eller - Mitchell might be a fourth line by list but there's skill there to be a bottom six line that can score.

Guest Stogey24

One knock on Carr is he's not a great skater. He's good around the net, but his speed is lacking

I've wiped my hands with Desharnais long ago. The guy stops moving his feet all the time. Enters the zone, slows down to look for a pass, turns over the puck. Drives me insane

Hugely entertaining game. It resembled a basketball game in the way the two teams traded these long wave of momentum. Playoff desperation - in December.

In theory, at least, it's important that Subban made a brilliant, game-changing play and that Plekanec scored on it, and that MaxPac stepped up and delivered in OT despite an absolutely abysmal overall performance. These are the players that will make or break our season, and if they can get the wind in their sails, we'll be OK. Whether that happens is another question.

Condon had a great night, but Price (or Bishop) would have allowed at most one of those two third-period goals.

Barberio was excellent! And I don't get the benching of Carr myself. He was still forechecking like crazy and making himself a pain, like the mini-Gallagher.

I'm glad for the win, but the defensive game is still waaaaay too tattered for my taste. I'm beginning to wonder, as per the RDS crew last night, whether our fabled 'transition game' has as much to do with Price' puck-moving skills as our mobile defence corps. (That's probably unfair, though).