Montreal vs. Florida | December 29th, 2015 | 1930 EST

lazy26

Scrivens is getting tested early on. So far, so good. I'd suggest that if Tokarski were in net right now, Montreal would be trailing heading into the 2nd. Quite honestly, they should be; that wasn't a very good period in my opinion.

I didn't think they had been doing that well until the other day when I saw the headline that Florida moved into 1st with their most recent win (Montreal passed them back last night). Gallant's doing something right out there evidently.

They've won 12 of 15, they're a young, streaky team. Gallant is Therrien 2.0, they even have "No Excuses" on the dressing room wall.

I like the story behind Scrivens' 'new' mask. The equipment manager took red hockey sock tape and covered up the orange so now Scrivens has Montreal colours. That's smart thinking...especially when you consider that Scrivens may not be around all that long anyway.

Cant give Jagr that much time and space.

Yep. He really is to old to have been useful to the habs. Briere, parenteau, Semin and Kassian were much better moves and smarter signings.

Imagine galchenyuk having Jagr as a winger.

It's tough being a Habs fan right now

Scrivens I all we needed alright. Yeah MB and his standards. Didn't Molson learn nothing from Ronald Corey's standards?

Scrivens I all we needed alright. Yeah MB and his standards. Didn't Molson learn nothing from Ronald Corey's standards?

Does this trade preclude Bergevin from making any others as you suggest with the statement 'all we needed'? No, it's not all they need. But they needed some help in goal. Scrivens, who continues to play well tonight and is about the only reason this isn't 4-1 already, gives them a bit of help in the short-term. That doesn't solve all of their problems, but it provides a bit of help with one of them.

We're about to find out whether the Habs have any legs left after a tough game yesterday. Florida is outworking them, especially to loose pucks. That's often the sign of a tired team.

Tired, shmired, they are getting totally manhandled by a bigger, faster team, period.

They didn't have much of an answer for the Barkov line, that was the difference in the game. They were even otherwise, but the Habs looked like they played a long game last night. The good news is that they didn't come out and lay an egg after the big win.

PK had a game to forget. I was fine with the fight, but the two minors were terrible. N8 had a brutal game. What the hell was he doing behind the net on the second goal?

Desharnais on the point during the power play is a flop. If there was a second defender instead of four forwards, the Subban penalty doesn't happen. That's the problem with playing four forwards on the power play, teams give up more shorthanded goals.

I've seen enough of Mark Barberio to last a lifetime. The guy looks like Frederic St. Denis with a hangover. The clincher was when he iced the puck two feet from the red line trying a homerun pass.

The Bruins might be without Marchand, he had another low bridge hit on Borowiecki.

Tired, shmired, they are getting totally manhandled by a bigger, faster team, period.

C'mon now, they got three goals last night, what do you think these multiple goal games grow on trees?!?!?!

They didn't have much of an answer for the Barkov line, that was the difference in the game. They were even otherwise, but the Habs looked like they played a long game last night. The good news is that they didn't come out and lay an egg after the big win.

PK had a game to forget. I was fine with the fight, but the two minors were terrible. N8 had a brutal game. What the hell was he doing behind the net on the second goal?

Desharnais on the point during the power play is a flop. If there was a second defender instead of four forwards, the Subban penalty doesn't happen. That's the problem with playing four forwards on the power play, teams give up more shorthanded goals.

I've seen enough of Mark Barberio to last a lifetime. The guy looks like Frederic St. Denis with a hangover. The clincher was when he iced the puck two feet from the red line trying a homerun pass.

The Bruins might be without Marchand, he had another low bridge hit on Borowiecki.

C'mon now, they got three goals last night, what do you think these multiple goal games grow on trees?!?!?!

Can't argue with any of that!

I wonder if the NHL will look at McKenzies hit on Subban, it clearly was an intent to injure him by hitting him so apparently in the jaw...

No, because no injury nor penalty called on the play.

At least Galchenyuk got 17+ in icetime and Eller almost 17minutes, which is what I have asked for, so cant complain.

Jagr had one easy goal, with not a d-man to be seen anywhere near front of net, WTF was Beaulieu thinking?