A David Krejci (22)
PTS Patrice Bergeron (35)
+/- Zdeno Chara (+10)
PIMS Zac Rinaldo (58)
Injuries: Chris Kelly, Joonas Kemppainen, David Krejci
Scratches: Brad Marchand (susp.), Tyler Randell, Zach Trotman

Puck Drop: 1:00 PM EST TV: SN, NBC, TVA Sports Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

happy_new_year_2011_by_dragonfly113-d365

I think I would have rather seen Pateryn over Barberio, but how much better does our roster look with Gally back? GO HABS GO!!!

I think I would have rather seen Pateryn over Barberio, but how much better does our roster look with Gally back? GO HABS GO!!!

I get the sense Therrien is really worried about pairing two slower defencemen together. Emelin-Pateryn would certainly be a physical pairing but its potential limitations are a bit scary to think about.

I get the sense Therrien is really worried about pairing two slower defencemen together. Emelin-Pateryn would certainly be a physical pairing but its potential limitations are a bit scary to think about.

I think this is the one game where they can get away with it. The third period is going to look like a field hockey game.

Barberio, for me, is quickly ascending to the level of Chris Campoli or early Raphael Diaz.

I hate playing D on the wrong side, so dumb.

Oh well, it won't matter much, habs will score the traditional one goal.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't like the outdoor games, the ice is always bad, games take forever to fix the ice, sun glare, snow, etc. I grew up on a lake playing but I don't like pros doing it. It's hard to watch.

Barberio, for me, is quickly ascending to the level of Chris Campoli or early Raphael Diaz.

I'm not a huge Barberio fan either. Yes, he's a good passer. The problem is, he can hit the sticks of the other team quite well with some of those feeds and he's not particularly confident in his own end. I don't mind him as a call-up option which is basically what he is but when Gilbert's back, I hope Barberio will be back in St. John's.

Here's to the start of a Happy New Year to all Habs fans with a victory over our most hated rival.

I cling to the hope that the TB game + Gallagher's return are signs of a team close to turning the corner. Meanwhile, this game is impossible to predict by its very nature of being a freak-show. Here's hoping Pleks, Patches, and DD start to find their games.

Guest Stogey24

I cling to the hope that the TB game + Gallagher's return are signs of a team close to turning the corner. Meanwhile, this game is impossible to predict by its very nature of being a freak-show. Here's hoping Pleks, Patches, and DD start to find their games.

After the Tampa game they shit the bed again

After the Tampa game they shit the bed again

Don't I know it? But sometimes getting out of slumps occurs in fits and starts: good game, bad game, two good games, etc. The Tampa game could have been an aberration, or it could have been one of those 'fits and starts,' a signal of a team beginning to come out of it. I say this in hope, not in confidence.

Well, I like your optimistic outlook.

I'd be more optimistic if the team had played strong D over the past couple of games. Even against Tampa, the coverage was pretty shite. If they could put together a couple of lock-down games I'd be downright confident. As it is, I think there is reason to grasp a frail reed of hope that the forwards may be stirring from their hibernation, although the bizarre nature of today's game means that it may not be the best indicator of where the team is heading, one way or the other. I think the last thing we need under these circumstances is a glorified exercise in pond-hockey; cruddy ice and a circus atmosphere ain't what the doctor ordered for a team that needs desperately to start getting its fundamentals right.

I think the last thing we need under these circumstances is a glorified exercise in pond-hockey; cruddy ice and a circus atmosphere ain't what the doctor ordered for a team that needs desperately to start getting its fundamentals right.

To play devil's advocate here, this could be exactly what they need. They've been slumping with the usual day in, day out routine. This game and the days leading up to it is far from the usual stuff. Maybe the change of pace/atmosphere wakes them up from their lull.

It looks like puck drop will be closer to 1:30 PM as there will be all sorts of pregame nonsense. No rain in the forecast too so hopefully there shouldn't be any significant delays.

One thing for those that don't watch these, there usually is a stoppage right at the 10:00 mark of the third where teams will change ends (meaning the long change is there for the 2nd plus half of the 3rd which is different than normal).

I'm not a huge Barberio fan either. Yes, he's a good passer. The problem is, he can hit the sticks of the other team quite well with some of those feeds and he's not particularly confident in his own end. I don't mind him as a call-up option which is basically what he is but when Gilbert's back, I hope Barberio will be back in St. John's.

What a bust Tinordi's become. He can't get into the lineup in front of this guy?

Habs need more offense and Barberio is miles ahead of Tinordi in that dept.

But I feel safer with Pateryn than Gilbert, Emelin, Barberio, Tinordi and maybe even Beaulieu to get puck out of own end. He seems to play it safe (smart) and really has only had that 1 costly turnover that I can recall.

GHG!

(who will be the first Bruin to hack at Gallagher's bad hand?)

But there only up by one. They need to get the next one.

14-3 in shots :thumbs_up:

38% on faceoffs for superstar Bergeron

7:23 for Galchenyuk, nice

6:52 for Gallagher, too much.