Jan. 1: Winter Classic, Habs vs Bruins, 1 PM

dlbalr

Will they come out coasting in the 2nd, or be able to keep outworking Bruins?

You know Boston is going to come out a lot stronger. There's still a bit of carry over on the PP, it'd really be handy to get something on that one.

The scoring chances stat today is my problem with how stats are used. The fleichman chance is a perfect example. He had a grade A chance and took a very mediocore shot. That's why when some posters keep saying we are out chancing the opposition, I don't buy into that as a positive. When you are blowing your chances with lousy shots, that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. We need another couple of guys with some friggin finishing ability.

You know Boston is going to come out a lot stronger. There's still a bit of carry over on the PP, it'd really be handy to get something on that one.

Well 2-0 I will take that, hard work by Byron and Flynn.

Needed that and good break on the quick whistle by the ref.

Guest Stogey24

Plekanec has had so many delay of game penalties this year. That was dumb

Better shift by Beaulieu, good d-play and nice hit on Bergeron.

lol really? He just turned the puck over to Bergeron

So Desharnais bats it out of mid-air to score. Flynn bats a point shot out of mid-air over to Byron who scored. Pacioretty bats a pass out of mid-air to Gallagher who bats it past Rask out of mid-air. Too bad this wasn't at Fenway Park, they'd have fit right in...

Guest Stogey24

So Desharnais bats it out of mid-air to score. Flynn bats a point shot out of mid-air over to Byron who scored. Pacioretty bats a pass out of mid-air to Gallagher who bats it past Rask out of mid-air. Too bad this wasn't at Fenway Park, they'd have fit right in...

And everyone's favourite player Plekanec, bats one to take a penalty

Plekanec has had so many delay of game penalties this year. That was dumb

lol really? He just turned the puck over to Bergeron

I thought Plekanec touched the puck with a high stick before it went over. Shouldn't have the play been blown dead as soon as he touched it in the offensive zone?

Weise has an upper body injury, out for the game.

I thought Plekanec touched the puck with a high stick before it went over. Shouldn't have the play been blown dead as soon as he touched it?

Touching the puck with a high stick only sets up a delayed whistle situation - if the high sticking team touches it next, it's blown dead. If the other team does though, play continues.

Guest Stogey24

I thought Plekanec touched the puck with a high stick before it went over. Shouldn't have the play been blown dead as soon as he touched it in the offensive zone?

If Byron touched it with high stick first, then Plekanec batting it would have killed the play

Barberio & Emelin only Habs with +3?

Galchenyuk still lots of icetime and most of any forward on the PP and done well on faceoffs.

Larry only 9minutes.