GDT - Penguins @ Habs 7pm

Commandant

This team is sh!t. I'm so so sick of this. Condon Subban and Gallagher played hockey. Dont know what the other 19 guys did. Pateryn needs to go back to AHL. He's not an nhler. Just garbage. The last 2 months reminds me of 2000. Just a sh!t team.

28:27 of ice for Markov.

I don't think the guy is as finished as some do... but its pretty clear he can't play those kinda minutes.

Hopefully this was just a by-product of not having Petry (and hopefully he's not out too long). I thought he had an alright game overall, especially considering all the extra ice time. That last play stings - it looked as if he was sending it to Subban but Subban was on the side board, just a broken play. I really thought they were going to tie it as they were really pushing in the dying minutes.

Subban had a very good game which was nice to see and Condon had another strong outing - that's four in a row for him.

• Upvote 1

I was more upset with markov on the first goal for pittsburgh than i was with him on the last play.

Where the was he on Hornqvist's goal.

Also what was Pateryn doing on the second goal?

Like CC is saying, can't afford those defensive breakdowns, and those were two huge ones. There were more too but Condon kept them out of the net.

Overall way too many breakdowns.

I guess the good news is I'm sure they lead the league in shots from against the boards. I have never seen a team skate into the zone and go directly to the boards. Pathetic.

Although Pleks 5 mill looks good with 1 goal in his last 24.

I guess the good news is I'm sure they lead the league in shots from against the boards. I have never seen a team skate into the zone and go directly to the boards. Pathetic.

This myth is really getting tired. A simple look at shot charts shows that its not true. They are about average in getting shot attempts from the home plate (hextally) high scoring chance areas. They are also very good at preventing them from high chance areas.

The stats don't support this belief, which may have been true in past seasons but isn't true now.

And before you bring up, oh but they haven't been good lately... they've actually been better during the slump, than they were at the start of the year.

But lets not let get facts get in the way of the Habs are small/soft narrative that has persisted for years (not just you, I blame many who keep repeating this).

Wow, even worse, I couldn't believe they resigned him.

Yes and the results of those fabulous stats are nothing but losses. Which is the most important stat.

They didn't even look dangerous tonight. They had a few decent chances.

And Plekanec was actually very good tonight, picked up an assist, and was one of our most dangerous forwards. Of course lets pile on him.

Lets not mention that Galchenyuk, Carr, and Andrighetto had a brutal night as a line (so much so that Carr eventually found himself benched).

CYU81SXUAAIPfMo.png

And yes, Galchenyuk has been great lately, but tonight he wasn't, and lets not ignore that while we pile on pleks.

Lets not mention that Galchenyuk, Carr, and Andrighetto had a brutal night as a line (so much so that Carr eventually found himself benched).

I'm not going to lay too much blame at the feet of a younger center saddled with two wingers who should be in the AHL right now.

Old man Markov takes away the last chance...damn.

We need a goalscorer in the worst way, and we need to think about the post-Markov era on our blueline...he looks done.

No No we need another goalie. I mean come on man. This team is built on the goaltender to be the absolute best in the world. A great goalie goalie is not pt problem we need to trade for a guy who hasn't been in the nhl for 2 years. What? Oh we did that? oh well no idea then.

Guest Stogey24

And Plekanec was actually very good tonight, picked up an assist, and was one of our most dangerous forwards. Of course lets pile on him.

CYU81SXUAAIPfMo.png

And yes, Galchenyuk has been great lately, but tonight he wasn't, and lets not ignore that while we pile on pleks.

Pleks was one of our most dangerous forwards? Are you serious.

I'm not going to lay too much blame at the feet of a younger center saddled with two wingers who should be in the AHL right now.

Thats fine... but why are we shitting on plekanec... who set up our only goal, and centred the most dangerous line all night.

The absence of Petry and, yes, Gilbert hurt tonight. The team got better as the game wore on, but those defensive-zone lapses...oy. We're papering things over with rookies and an over-used 37-year old. Not good.

Commandant has made the case for Pleks, but I'm afraid I'm with the haters tonight. The guy is making $6 mil per and for the last month and change has been only marginally more noticeable than Eller, who is himself overpaid. I get that Pleks eats the tough defensive minutes. But Mr. 26-Goal Man HAS to generate some serious offence; the team is structured in part on that premise. Enough is frigging enough.

Desharnais, I thought, started the game with a lot of zip, then faded. There's another guy that we desperately need to come up to his career norm in terms of offensive production. Again: enough is enough.

MaxPac also did nothing, but at least he's potted a few of late.

The guy who really got my goat tonight was Mitchell. Two penalties, and little else. He's been closer to a liability than an asset lately. Presumably he's still hurt, as Petry was, but I'm sick of watching him fart around out there. Might as well play Bournival.

Other than the steady improvement through the game, and Condon's excellence, the only bright spot for me was Superstar Subban, who was an absolute beast tonight. Can't ask for more from him, at least.

I find this such a demoralizing loss. All that talk about turning it around, etc., and they come out and stink out the joint in the first period, then expire from yet another brain-dead defensive breakdown.

Until Pleks and DD start producing, MaxPac starts being RELIABLY dangerous, and the D stops these Pee-Wee moments, we're going to continue to suck. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1