Jan. 25, Montreal vs Columbus, 7 PM

dlbalr

and not a very good one cause they can't score on an ahl goalie for fork's sake.

1st overall pick coming up. This team is pathetic and yeah Markdown Mark it is your forking fault.

They would really have to tumble to overtake the league's dregs. They would also have to dump their vets for picks to keep up with Columbus, Winnipeg etc who are going to get a lot worse in a month.

The likely scenario is that they play .400 hockey until Price comes back and get the 10-14th pick...draft No Man's Land.

With all due respect to the possession numbers. the habs were 25th last year and 5th this year. Scoring more goals than your opponent is the most important stat.

Weise is fine when he is used as a 3rd or 4th liner, not a 2nd liner.

Pleks and Markov will get you a good return at the deadline.

Trading Eller and DD is just a pipe dream, those moves will be bad contracts for bad contracts

Just do the write-up on Columbus.

1st star: Atkinson

2nd star: Saad

3rd star: Korpisalo

While that would have been easier, that's not how we do them. Here's the write-up if anyone wants to relive the last two and a half hours in writing form: http://www.habsworld.net/2016/01/hw-3-stars-two-months-and-counting-between-winning-streaks/

I'm convinced.... the best terrible team of all time. Control the puck all night and never ######ing do anything.

There's always one good team that goes bad each year, it seems. We were that team in 2011-2012. Remember the "nobody has lost more one goal games" stat?

At least Marinaro is on the post game show!

I don't want this team to finish low because it means there's way more work to do than I had expected. I truly thought this was a cup contender in November, and now I'm nearly convinced were a matthews contender.

We'd better not see another single shift with Galchenyuk on the wing, he's going to have to figure it out eventually. Much of the optimism at the start of the season was because DD was supposed to be THIRD line.

Patch Chuck Gllagher

DD Pleck Weise

Fleish Eller Ghetto

Flyn Mitchel DSP

I admitt I haven't watched every single game, but this was the worst that I've seen. It really looked like a group that has given up :1vomit:

The status quo cannot continues something or anything has to be to shake up this team or at least give the impression to the fan base that management is awake.

I'm convinced.... the best terrible team of all time. Control the puck all night and never ######ing do anything.

"The best terrible team of all time" - possibly the most apposite one-liner that's yet been applied to this bunch. It captures perfectly the excruciating frustration of this season.

I picked the right game not to watch, but then again none of them have been pretty lately.

It's time to think about next season IMHO. Definitely put Galy back at C. Definitely give Beaulieu a lot of minutes. These two are keys to next season, and the only reason NOT to give them a lot of rope now would be if their confidence is getting shattered. Letting them learn from their mistakes in this hopeless, hapless season will yield dividends later on.

Keep playing Carr. He's made the team. Let him continue to learn.

Sorely tempted to agree about trading Pleks and Markov (if he agrees) at the deadline. Both could be huge assets to contenders, would fetch a nice return, and in Pleks's case would get what promises to be a bad contract off our hands. Of course, we'd then be left with even more holes to fill...

Zoot Suit is gonna have quite a deadline-day/summer. The make-or-break sequence of his career as GM in Montreal.

"The best terrible team of all time" - possibly the most apposite one-liner that's yet been applied to this bunch. It captures perfectly the excruciating frustration of this season.

I picked the right game not to watch, but then again none of them have been pretty lately.

It's time to think about next season IMHO. Definitely put Galy back at C. Definitely give Beaulieu a lot of minutes. These two are keys to next season, and the only reason NOT to give them a lot of rope now would be if their confidence is getting shattered. Letting them learn from their mistakes in this hopeless, hapless season will yield dividends later on.

Sorely tempted to agree about trading Pleks and Markov (if he agrees) at the deadline. Both could be huge assets to contenders, would fetch a nice return, and in Pleks's case would get what promises to be a bad contract off our hands. Of course, we'd then be left with even more holes to fill...

Zoot Suit is gonna have quite a deadline-day/summer. The make-or-break sequence of his career as GM in Montreal.

Realistically though, players like Markov and Plekanec get traded at the draft or in the offseason, imo. Most likely, for pure rentals, the guys who would get snatched up are Weise and Tom Gilbert. Some idiot might give a 2nd for Weise, and Gilbert should net a third. I think they should try to retain Gilbert. He's won me over in a limited role.

Molson just gave him a new contract, he is not going anywhere. He is under contract till 2021/22.

Molson just gave him a new contract, he is not going anywhere. He is under contract till 2021/22.

True he won't be going anywhere, but this could be a make or break sequence for the legacy of Bergevin's tenure. Could be a tipping point so to speak.

We'd better not see another single shift with Galchenyuk on the wing, he's going to have to figure it out eventually. Much of the optimism at the start of the season was because DD was supposed to be THIRD line.

Patch Chuck Gllagher

DD Pleck Weise

Fleish Eller Ghetto

Flyn Mitchel DSP

I admitt I haven't watched every single game, but this was the worst that I've seen. It really looked like a group that has given up :1vomit:

The status quo cannot continues something or anything has to be to shake up this team or at least give the impression to the fan base that management is awake.

I had the same line up thoughts exactly

I agree with most of this.

I'm looking at moving on from this season, but looking to do well again next year.

Big minutes for Beau and Chucky

Move UFAs Weise and Fleischmann; even if they don't bring much, lets make some roster room for Hudon and Ghetto. Figure out if they can be third liners next year.

Carr is part of the team (he got hurt last night though).

Move Markov, he's really slowing down.

I keep Plekanec unless someone blows me away with an offer. He's still one of our top 2 centres next year.

Do what you can to clear money which will be needed in the off-season. Eller, Emelin, DD, all on the block.

Shut down Price for the year and get surgery if thats what he needs. Be ready for september.

Guest Stogey24

Realistically though, players like Markov and Plekanec get traded at the draft or in the offseason, imo. Most likely, for pure rentals, the guys who would get snatched up are Weise and Tom Gilbert. Some idiot might give a 2nd for Weise, and Gilbert should net a third. I think they should try to retain Gilbert. He's won me over in a limited role.

Markov is the number one pieces I'd be trying to move.

True he won't be going anywhere, but this could be a make or break sequence for the legacy of Bergevin's tenure. Could be a tipping point so to speak.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not a big fan of turning over the entire managerial infrastructure of an organization every couple of seasons. But this deadline day and off-season will determine whether Bergevin is going to give us a contender or just more of the standard fare, i.e., 'a pretty good team that usually makes the playoffs,' which is what we've had in Montreal ever since Gainey first arrived.

I don't know about moving Weise. If he wants a big payday, which he probably does, then yes; otherwise, he is an excellent bottom-6 forward. If we want to be a good team next year, we need to keep pieces like him IMHO. Pace Commandant, rebuilding our bottom-6 with rookies strikes me as a recipe for mediocrity. I still prefer to ease rookies in, with a safety net.

Conversely, Plekanec really worries me. I think he has reached the tipping point where he is no longer an impact offensive player - finally regressing into the pure checking C I originally thought he'd be when he first came up. If this is indeed what's happening, then cap management would dictate shipping him and his huge contract out of town. Your C become Galy, DD - unless we can upgrade on him with the money we save - Eller and Mitchell. It's a step back, but an upgrade on DD might make it at worst a lateral move.

But I guess one thing we can all agree on is that this season is a hopeless case. Everything we do from here on in should be about giving our key young guys lots of experience they can build on for next year, and about maximizing assets for whichever vets we are prepared to part with. Like Commandant, I see no reason why we can't bounce back and be a very good team next season, with a healthy Price, the same basic key players (Patches, Gally, Galy, PK), and some important tweaks.

D-men got 4 of 6 points.

Columbus got 3g on six 3rd period shots and Condon .833% for the game.

One of few forwards with jump gets injured.

Subban goes all "ME ME ME" once again.

2minutes left down 1, faceoff in opposing zone and not a glance to pull goalie, interesting non-move?

Petry earned his -3 for sure.

DD looked very soft, he got hit hard on one shift and almost seemed scared to touch puck after that.

Can they play any worse at home? If they do, do the Hab jerseys start raining down on to the ice?