2016 World Cup thread

JoeLassister

And those who choose Desharnais, Eller, Emelin, Bergevin, Therrien as constant target of ridicule? Different? And hey, I am at least not a flip flopper :blush: . And really more crapping on those who post stuff that is out to lunch, 100% one-sided over the top BS, or might be debatable, not necessarily Subban. But you would prefer if I don't respond if I disagree or have a totally different point of view? (stop bringing it up then and let sleeping dogs lie, is fine by me, boring but fine)

And screw him, he isn't a Hab anymore, so what is big deal, other than some people's seemingly obsessive love for him.

I just said you were predictable.... i didn't say to stop commenting.... just that the over the top hatred for the guy at every turn is noticeable.

DON hates Cammalleri as well. There's no room for flashy Habs in his vision of the universe. (Either that, or it's a compulsive need to justify everything management does). The difference with the haters of Eller, DD, etc., is that Subban is a legitimately elite player while those guys are mediocrities. Hating him is something like hating Price, although not quite as clinically insane as that.

And if the Habs had not traded Subban at a discount, I doubt that we'd be hearing nearly as much agitation over it.

I just said you were predictable.... i didn't say to stop commenting.... just that the over the top hatred for the guy at every turn is noticeable.

Come on, 'hatred' is a bit much, cheap pot shots at him do not mean I hate the fellow and 90% are in jest not meant to be taken seriously. Predictable yes agree 100% and have repeated myself numerous times on this subject, but almost always in response to some goofy comment. And seems 100% of your and CC's posts on subject are slightly tilted in one direction as well. Have either one said one thing positive on Weber? No, it is Hockey Canada and Habs Mgmt don't have a clue what they are doing, or look at this stat chart of cherry picked stats to match your argument that shows Weber isn't fit to tie Subban's skates.

I'm not one of those, but around me, many friends and other people that I met actually believe that Subban gone is the best thing that could have happened to the Habs and that his overall attitude will make the Nashville Predators unable to win any Stanley Cup as long as he will play for them. In fact, they believe that Subban will never win any Stanley Cup with his attitude, on any team. They refer to him as the Chad Ochocinco of hockey.

DON hates Cammalleri as well. There's no room for flashy Habs in his vision of the universe. (Either that, or it's a compulsive need to justify everything management does). The difference with the haters of Eller, DD, etc., is that Subban is a legitimately elite player while those guys are mediocrities. Hating him is something like hating Price, although not quite as clinically insane as that.

And if the Habs had not traded Subban at a discount, I doubt that we'd be hearing nearly as much agitation over it.

Kinda true, grew to have no respect for Squid as a hockey player and at the end wanted him gone from Habs team.

So you are all high mucky muck and if not elite, fair game and can crap on them...sad view on things sir. You are smarter and really don't think that, do you?

Come on, 'hatred' is a bit much, cheap pot shots at him do not mean I hate the fellow and 90% are in jest not meant to be taken seriously. Predictable yes agree 100% and have repeated myself numerous times on this subject, but almost always in response to some goofy comment. And seems 100% of your and CC's posts on subject are slightly tilted in one direction as well. Have either one said one thing positive on Weber? No, it is Hockey Canada and Habs Mgmt don't have a clue what they are doing, or look at this stat chart of cherry picked stats to match your argument that shows Weber isn't fit to tie Subban's skates.

DON, you keep putting words in my mouth. I've said all along that Weber is a better goal-scorer and a better physical presence than Subban, and I'm sure Commandant would agree. So your claim is bunk. As for the difference between 'hating' on a superstar versus hating on a mediocrity like DD or Eller: I never said no one is allowed to criticize superstars. But the absurdity of continually crapping on a Guy Lafleur, a Patrick Roy, a Carey Price, or a PK Subban seems self-evident to me, relative to doing the same to a disposable player who is chronically mediocre. (And in point of fact, I've never had any sort of hate-on for any Habs, including Eller; the issue with Eller for me was simply the way some fans clung him close to their breast like a little swaddled baby and could not see that he was no more than a decent third-line C).

I've said many times that Weber is a very good defenceman.

I hate the trade because he's not as good as Subban (for a variety of reasons) today, and is considerably older. That doesn't mean i think Weber is shit. Never has.

• Upvote 1

DON, you keep putting words in my mouth. I've said all along that Weber is a better goal-scorer and a better physical presence than Subban, and I'm sure Commandant would agree. So your claim is bunk. As for the difference between 'hating' on a superstar versus hating on a mediocrity like DD or Eller: I never said no one is allowed to criticize superstars. But the absurdity of continually crapping on a Guy Lafleur, a Patrick Roy, a Carey Price, or a PK Subban seems self-evident to me, relative to doing the same to a disposable player who is chronically mediocre. (And in point of fact, I've never had any sort of hate-on for any Habs, including Eller; the issue with Eller for me was simply the way some fans clung him close to their breast like a little swaddled baby and could not see that he was no more than a decent third-line C).

I guess one could argue that Weber is much more than simply a better goal scorer as well as a better physical presence. Those are the only two things he is good at in your opinion which obviously makes him far/vastly/incredibly inferior in your books. As you've already stated. The reality is that anything I've seen has (surprisingly) had Weber as being better than Subban and on lists I've seen Subban higher, it's been something like Subban ranks 8th and Weber places 9th in the league. Seriously.

Argue that we lost the trade all you want but you have made clear theoretically sardonic statements in regards to Habs management such as stating that they should trade a young gun for Shane Doan or that they would trade Patrick Kane for Lars Eller if we had him. Clearly, your vision is indeed skewed when reading those things so Don's correct, one can only take the comments with a grain of salt as a result.

Just for interest sake, here's a look at what incredibly old 31 year olds have done in the NHL. Buddy Shane Doan is 36th on the list. He was 31 9 years ago. I agree, Weber's totals will have a significant drop off when he's 39. Let's start counting down the days.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/player-age/31-year-old-nhl-players.html

I said "seems like" and it sure as heck does seem that way. If that is putting words in your mouth or really bothers you, I apologize.

And as I said I am more commenting on the posts, the overreaction to trade and not on Bobby Orr ​ Subban as much. If you see that as absurd, think I hate Subban, you are bit blinded and cant see that I am and have been primarily crapping on your posts about your man-crush target. But, you (and the fancy-stat man) keep trying to put him on pedestal and goading me into responding, so stop doing that. :argue:

Either way, Bouwmeester is clearly better than Subban too so I don't see what the huff is.

After reading into it a bit I came to realize that TC wants right shot on their right side and lefts on their side. Also Bouwmeester plays with Pietrangelo and has good chemistry with him.

The worst thing for me about the Subban trade is it distracting us from how great it is to be rid of Lars Eller.

My happiness of Eller getting traded for two picks was washed away quickly by acquiring Shaw. I didn't want to acquire anyone. Would have preferred the two picks, kept our two picks, and happily took the cap space.

My happiness of Eller getting traded for two picks was washed away quickly by acquiring Shaw. I didn't want to acquire anyone. Would have preferred the two picks, kept our two picks, and happily took the cap space.

You didn't want to acquire anyone, whattttt? So you wanted to go with Gallagher and mix of kids on RW, I think you were alone on that. Hawks drafted a 5'7" junior sniper and a small d-man with those two picks. In return Habs got a top 9 RW (where they were very thin), with grit (which was lacking), a 25 yr old who is a 2 time cup winner (which Habs had zero on the roster) and he is signed till 2022.

So all in all seems a pretty smart deal to me?

(And as with Weber & Radulov Bergevin made another move more aimed at short term improvement of roster, which many fans were calling for as well, as most HabFans were never know for their patience. So most should be pleased overall.)

You keep bringing up this fallacy that Habs fans wanted a short term improvement of the roster so they should support the Subban trade.

While its true that fans wanted to go for it... I dont think sacrificing the best skater on the roster (who is better than Weber now as well) was what 99% of Habs fans had in mind.

Some much-needed humour in recent posts in this thread. Well done lads :thumbs_up:

It was nice to get a good return for the 'inconsistent mope' (nice one!) and adding Shaw was a smart move, even if the cost was slightly steep. Those are moves that actually improve the team ;) Imagine that.

p

You keep bringing up this fallacy that Habs fans wanted a short term improvement of the roster so they should support the Subban trade.

While its true that fans wanted to go for it... I dont think sacrificing the best skater on the roster (who is better than Weber now as well) was what 99% of Habs fans had in mind.

I do? I thought you said I was constantly flogging Subban, period? So I didn't even mention that ex-hab.

This is going be a long season isn't it, with the subbanites relentlessly moaning, bitching and whining every time Subban that ex-hab gets a friggin point. :cry_smile:

Some much-needed humour in recent posts in this thread. Well done lads :thumbs_up:

It was nice to get a good return for the 'inconsistent mope' (nice one!) and adding Shaw was a smart move, even if the cost was slightly steep. Those are moves that actually improve the team ;) Imagine that.

Getting rid of him should have been a huge morale booster.