Habs @ Kings 10:30 PM EST

1 goal

1 assist

1 play that saved a goal

1 bad giveaway

Guess which one that everyone will want to talk about tomorrow.

Of course. I feel so bad for the guy...you just KNOW it's going to end up in the back of the net with Scrivens in there. Nobody misses Carey more than PK.

Guest Stogey24

Didn't watch the game. Haven't even checked the score yet, but with Scrivens in net I'm sure it was high scoring.

Commandant you couldn't be more right about the goal and assist. Subban only draws attention for the negative.

That late hit on chucky was damn dangerous.

I've never seen so many late hits in my life. Kings are out to hurt you while they beat you, there is no doubt.

That hit on Chucky would have got Emelin 5 and a game, but not with that Ref team. Kings always obstruct big time at their blue, no chance for dump and chase to work vs them. Terrible "help the warm climate USA team" Ref job, like WoW!.

And of course MT had no answer. Just will and determination kept the young Habs in this one, and Scrivens was good and bad, guy looks like a drunk beer league goalie a lot... :nuts:

I wonder why everyone always blames Scrivens. He wasn't good, He is a back up goalie just like Condon.

Since December 1st, this team is the worst in league, even the leafs have more points and they are tanking on purpose. This team is awful, blaming 1 guy each night is knd of ridiculous.

I wonder why everyone always blames Scrivens. He wasn't good, He is a back up goalie just like Condon.

Since December 1st, this team is the worst in league, even the leafs have more points and they are tanking on purpose. This team is awful, blaming 1 guy each night is knd of ridiculous.

Seeing as the team's save percentage since December 1st is DEAD LAST in the NHL and not by a little bit. That might explain why the goalies get blamed.

Seeing as the team's save percentage since December 1st is DEAD LAST in the NHL and not by a little bit. That might explain why the goalies get blamed.

That's too logical for angry fans.

This team remains WAY better than its record shows, and the primary reason is that its goaltending is worse than anyone else's. I hear a lot of claims that Condon is particular is 'not to blame,' etc. But I think that's crap. Yes, Condon is a legit backup goalie in the league. But NHL goaltending these days is very, very good; and other goalies make the save, even on those huge defensive breakdowns, much more often than ours do.

No doubt in my mind that .916 save percentage goaltending... just NHL average... would have us in a playoff spot.

Wed have won some of the close games... and also picked up some OT points in december when we lost every game in regulation as well.

Better goaltending leads to more offense as anyone who has played on a hockey team with bad goaltending knows. You can take a little more risk if you trust your goalie.

Whether this team can score enough to be a cup contender is something we can debate (And I tend to think its a no unless price pulls a miracle), but this is still a playoff club if they get average netminding.

This organization tossed a backup goalie into the role of the reigning Hart trophy winner and the most help they gave was to trade Zack Kassian for Ben Scrivens. The last time we tossed a rookie goaltender into that sort of responsibility, his name was... ummm... who was it again? I think he wore #31.

The moment you're ready to blame Mike Condon for not being a .915 goaltender on a team that "just can't seem to score but takes lots of shots so law of averages say they'll start scoring one day! Oh, we're still waiting for that day" the season, maybe stop focusing on the players and wonder what Marc Bergevin has been doing this whole time aside from making a lot of phone calls?

This is just another year where people are ready to focus everything on the goaltending. It feels like every year. I can think of maybe two times since 1993 where it wasn't all about the goaltending: 1995-96 when we were a good team with Jocelyn Thibault (but even that had the haunting spectre of the Roy trade) and 2007-08, when we were pretenders with a strong powerplay masking the fact that Cristobal Huet was just good enough for the NHL and Carey Price hadn't experienced growing pains yet. Aside from that, every year is about our goaltending. I'm sorry but this team is never going to win the Stanley Cup if we continue to put everything on the last line of defence.

Blame the goaltending when we score three goals or more and can't win. Don't blame the goaltending when we struggle to get 15 shots or score two goals or less. I don't care about the confidence narrative. These are NHL players. Score some goals or get off the team.

Blame the goaltending when we score three goals or more and can't win. Don't blame the goaltending when we struggle to get 15 shots or score two goals or less. I don't care about the confidence narrative. These are NHL players. Score some goals or get off the team.

I agree with both sides of the argument. Yes, our goaltending is shit, and we'd probably be in a playoff spot if we had average NHL goaltending at least. BUT we'd just barely be in the mix, not a true contender, because it's also true that we have a pathetic pop-gun offense with maybe 4 of our top 6 forwards having legit top 6 talent. We are two top 6 players short of being a strong team that can make a deep run, without needing the goaltender to steal almost every game.

I don't expect Bergevin to throw away good pieces in pursuit of a backup goalie.

that said the level of goaltending being completely inadequate must be acknowledged, and thats why I think the team only needs a couple of additions and can compete for a cup next year.

the whole idea is that the goaltending has made their record look worse than it really should be for this team. And while not a contender, not as far off as the record suggests.

This organization tossed a backup goalie into the role of the reigning Hart trophy winner and the most help they gave was to trade Zack Kassian for Ben Scrivens. The last time we tossed a rookie goaltender into that sort of responsibility, his name was... ummm... who was it again? I think he wore #31.

The moment you're ready to blame Mike Condon for not being a .915 goaltender on a team that "just can't seem to score but takes lots of shots so law of averages say they'll start scoring one day! Oh, we're still waiting for that day" the season, maybe stop focusing on the players and wonder what Marc Bergevin has been doing this whole time aside from making a lot of phone calls?

http://www.sartorialto.com/

I don't expect Bergevin to throw away good pieces in pursuit of a backup goalie.

that said the level of goaltending being completely inadequate must be acknowledged, and thats why I think the team only needs a couple of additions and can compete for a cup next year.

the whole idea is that the goaltending has made their record look worse than it really should be for this team. And while not a contender, not as far off as the record suggests.

The games in December were lost more on lack of scoring than bad goaltending. January was a combination of both with goaltending being worse. February is once again a combination. Condon played well when Price went down and it wasn't until mid December that he stopped looking like a starter. Remember the talk he was going to be the new Cam Talbot?

Lack of Offence hurt this team first and Bergevin did nothing in December to address it. Heck, he sent down Daniel Carr, one of our only semi consistent goal scorers, instead of addressing it.

This season is the blame of management.

The games in December were lost more on lack of scoring than bad goaltending. January was a combination of both with goaltending being worse. February is once again a combination. Condon played well when Price went down and it wasn't until mid December that he stopped looking like a starter. Remember the talk he was going to be the new Cam Talbot?

Lack of Offence hurt this team first and Bergevin did nothing in December to address it. Heck, he sent down Daniel Carr, one of our only semi consistent goal scorers, instead of addressing it.

This season is the blame of management.

Agreed. And BAD effing luck.

What should Bergevin done in December? Traded Gallagher for Yakupov? Traded Beaulieu & 1st pick for OK top six forward? Traded Galchenyuk for Nugent-Hopkins?

Exactly what should Mgmt have done in December to make this team a contender this year?

From 12-13 till December Habs were top of standings, you would of all of a sudden swung a couple big trades to fix all? Acquire a top notch goalie and upgrade top six forward just like that.

Lets hear it!