Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

Guest Stogey24

So 14g in 231 games is what you want...got it delaRose-Danault and 12 other bottom six players can do that already.

Why do you want another bottom six grinder?

He's 22 years old, 6'4, 220, Has increased his point totals each year, is one of the tougher young players in the league. Not sure how he's comparable to a farm teamer like Danault or De la rose.

Wouldn't be all that surprised to see Wilson put up more than 30 points this year. To me he's a perfect third liner.

He's 22 years old, 6'4, 220, Has increased his point totals each year, is one of the tougher young players in the league. Not sure how he's comparable to a farm teamer like Danault or De la rose.

Wouldn't be all that surprised to see Wilson put up more than 30 points this year. To me he's a perfect third liner.

That's how I feel too. Although I admit I haven't watched him a whole lot not looked into his stats a whole lot. He just looks like an awesome young guy who can put fear in the opponent, while potentially putting up as you said, around 30 points as he hits his stride.

I don't see Wilson ever scoring 30 points.... In fact I think last season was an aberration and not something he's likely to repeat.

I also think he lacks discipline. He's a dirty player who will cross the line at inopportune times.

Guest Stogey24

That's how I feel too. Although I admit I haven't watched him a whole lot not looked into his stats a whole lot. He just looks like an awesome young guy who can put fear in the opponent, while potentially putting up as you said, around 30 points as he hits his stride.

I didn't watch him a ton either, but enough to know what he brings nightly

Guest Stogey24

I don't see Wilson ever scoring 30 points.... In fact I think last season was an aberration and not something he's likely to repeat.

I also think he lacks discipline. He's a dirty player who will cross the line at inopportune times.

Ya, I don't know. This team is just seriously lacking some jam in the bottom 6

To compare Wilson to Simmons is absolutely ridiculous just because of a word like grit was used. It's like me saying "I like Andrighetto" and you saying "really Andrighetto? Patrick Kane is so much better, I'd rather him." They are not the same class of player.

Last season Wilson had 23 points in 82 games. He's 22, and I think between 3rd and 4th like roles he could be an awesome physical presence on any team. Better than the Scotts of the NHL, more of a Chris Neil.

But, what would Habs need a Chris Neil for? They need offense and a top six forward, much more so than a fighter and bottom six role player. But who knows, maybe Habs could use more grit and a Wilson-type, I just don't see it as a glaring hole in lineup and isn't Big Mikey the Habs version of him already?

We already brought in guys like Shaw (a pain in the ass, gritty guy though not at the size of wilson) along with Weber (a physical D), and have added a shit load of bottom six guys. I'm not sure where Wilson would fit.

Nah I get what you guys are saying, I've just always seen Wilson as a great bottom 6 player if you're looking to add a hell of a lot of physicality. Right now he probably wouldn't be the best addition because we have a pretty full RW. But I think Wilson might have a little more to give.

I wasn't trying to say Wilson is THE guy we need.

Guest Stogey24

Nah I get what you guys are saying, I've just always seen Wilson as a great bottom 6 player if you're looking to add a hell of a lot of physicality. Right now he probably wouldn't be the best addition because we have a pretty full RW. But I think Wilson might have a little more to give.

I wasn't trying to say Wilson is THE guy we need.

Carr-DD-shaw?

Flynn-mitchell-Byron

That's the bottom 6 we're looking at. Sure Shaw has some tear in him, but he can't do it alone. Plus, he's looking like our fill, in the top 6.

Flynn, Carr, Desharnais, Byron, Mitchell, Andrighetto. What, you think these guys are going to bring energy in games when you need some spark plug fourth line shifts. Or do anything at all when a guy like Chris Neil starts running around out there... Think again

The Byron's and Flynn's of the world are all fine and dandy, as long as you don't have an entire bottom 6 of like players.

You forgot Danault... who will be in for Flynn.

You also forgot to look at the bottom six of the Penguins and Hawks... who are NOT much tougher or grittier than that.

The idea that there is only one way to win and its with this big bruising tough fourth line isn't exactly true.

Guest Stogey24

You forgot Danault... who will be in for Flynn.

You also forgot to look at the bottom six of the Penguins and Hawks... who are NOT much tougher or grittier than that.

The idea that there is only one way to win and its with this big bruising tough fourth line isn't exactly true.

I hear ya man, and I know the nhl has changed, but we're not knitting a sweater here, this is still hockey. Bodies get thrown at one another, Fists fly from time to time, dirty hits get taken, teammates come to the rescue of one another.

This team doesn't have players who fill specific roles.

As much as people say we have an abundance of bottom 6 players(and we do) it's this team biggest weakness. They're all the same type of player.

Maybe this is just me talking, but i just really feel this team's bottom 6 is an issue

Meh, what jam do the Hawks and Penguins have.... winners of a ton of recent cups.

Meh, what multiple, generational forwards do the Canadiens have...winners of the Cup 25 years ago.

Comparing and justifying the formation of a soft, small (and bottom 3Rd in goals) forward corp like the Canadiens have to two teams that have 3-4 HOF forwards each is idiotic. I wouldn't put it out there like that if you haven't said this erroneously for years. As if there's any comparison...

Meh, what multiple, generational forwards do the Canadiens have...winners of the Cup 25 years ago.

We did have a generational defenceman, so of course we had to ship him out of town. And unless the FWs in question were 'good boys' with bland personas, they'd probably be shipped out as well by the idiots running the team. If the Habs had drafted Patrick Kane, he'd have been traded for a 'solid' Lars Eller type years ago.

On a less sour note, does Galchenyuk have the potential to become one of those PPG stud FWs?

And beyond that, the Habs have no choice but to try to build a champion without a #1 overall superstar FW. Contrary to the 'tank' crowd, it CAN be done - c.f. Boston 2011. The Habs also have a goalie who is the netminding equivalent of a Crosby or Kane. More than one way to skin a cat.

I hear ya man, and I know the nhl has changed, but we're not knitting a sweater here, this is still hockey. Bodies get thrown at one another, Fists fly from time to time, dirty hits get taken, teammates come to the rescue of one another.

This team doesn't have players who fill specific roles.

As much as people say we have an abundance of bottom 6 players(and we do) it's this team biggest weakness. They're all the same type of player.

Maybe this is just me talking, but i just really feel this team's bottom 6 is an issue

Minor, compared to scoring more.

Comparing and justifying the formation of a soft, small forward corp like the Canadiens have to two teams that have 3-4 HOF forwards each is idiotic.

3 or 4 hall of famer forwards...each? Teams like that simply don't exist anymore.

And would you call Lafleur a generational forward, if you do, then he was the last the Habs had.

We did have a generational defenceman, so of course we had to ship him out of town. And unless the FWs in question were 'good boys' with bland personas, they'd probably be shipped out as well by the idiots running the team. If the Habs had drafted Patrick Kane, he'd have been traded for a 'solid' Lars Eller type years ago.

:cry_smile: , you still arnt done grieving eh. Time to snap out of it, get out there and maybe buy a #6, 47 or 65 jersey.

:cry_smile: , you still arnt done grieving eh. Time to snap out of it, get out there and maybe buy a #6, 47 or 65 jersey.

There's nothing to 'snap out' of. A dumb move remains a dumb move, regardless of the passage of time. Idiots remains idiots, likewise.

I don't buy jerseys of current roster players, precisely because they're apt to leave town. Also, none of the #s you list stand to become all-time great Habs, so it'd be a waste of money.

There's nothing to 'snap out' of. A dumb move remains a dumb move, regardless of the passage of time.

I don't buy jerseys of current roster players, precisely because they're apt to leave town. Also, none of the #s you list stand to become all-time great Habs, so it'd be a waste of money.

Either pick an all time great or a player nobody would buy a sweater for. If someone owned a Petteri Nokelainen sweater I'd give them an immediate high five.

• Upvote 1

Either pick an all time great or a player nobody would buy a sweater for. If someone owned a Petteri Nokelainen sweater I'd give them an immediate high five.

Right, that's another approach. :lol: If sweaters didn't cost an arm, a leg, and a cock, I'd be all for it, but that's an awful heap of money to drop for an ironic in-joke.

Guest Stogey24

Pretty sure Millbury bought a Nokelainen jersey, then immediately regretted it.

Comparing and justifying the formation of a soft, small (and bottom 3Rd in goals) forward corp like the Canadiens have to two teams that have 3-4 HOF forwards each is idiotic. I wouldn't put it out there like that if you haven't said this erroneously for years. As if there's any comparison...

Ok great, lets get some skilled high scoring forwards.....

We've complained how many times that all Bergevin does is shuffle the deck on the fourth line, and then we want to shuffle the deck on the fourth line.

I mean I get it. Tom Wilson is the kind of guy who makes you feel like a bully.

But uhhh Mike McCarron is right there, with more size, and I'd argue more skill once he puts it together (if he does) which will probably make him the envy of other teams a few seasons from now.

We got a Wilson. He ain't ready yet. Maybe he will goon a few guys so you can finally feel what it's like to be a Bruins fan.