Distraction Thread - Next Year's Starting Lineup

zumpano21

Minor, compared to scoring more.

3 or 4 hall of famer forwards...each? Teams like that simply don't exist anymore.

And would you call Lafleur a generational forward, if you do, then he was the last the Habs had.

Pens-Malkin,Crosby

Chicago-Hossa, Toews, Kane

I mean I get it. Tom Wilson is the kind of guy who makes you feel like a bully.

But uhhh Mike McCarron is right there, with more size, and I'd argue more skill once he puts it together (if he does) which will probably make him the envy of other teams a few seasons from now.

We got a Wilson. He ain't ready yet. Maybe he will goon a few guys so you can finally feel what it's like to be a Bruins fan.

I think they either wasted a pick or brought Wilson up to soon. There aren't many first rounders that play like a higher scoring version of Zac Rinaldo.

Any news on Shipachyov?

It sounds like he can't get out of his contract until December. Any team that signs him at that time would undoubtedly lose him to entry waivers (unless he wants to sit out between October and December in the KHL) so he realistically isn't a consideration at this point.

Pens-Malkin,Crosby

Chicago-Hossa, Toews, Kane

Yes, like I said they just don't exist anymore.

Who was the last forward who played for Habs and went to Hall of Fame, Doug Gilmore?

• 4 weeks later...

Based on Therrien's interview yesterday on TSN690, here's how he sees the top 6, and my guess at the rest:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Extra: Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Extra: Barberio, Redmond

Price

Montoya

On 2016-09-22 at 8:39 AM, KoRP said:

I like the top 6, but that bottom 6 is kinda weak...

My lineup are all the players with one way contracts so if a Lehkonen or McCarron make the team, then bodies will have to go through waivers to make room for them.

Note: Redmond and Condon are not in my starting lineup, I expect them to be dealt before the season starts.

43 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Note: Redmond and Condon are not in my starting lineup, I expect them to be dealt before the season starts.

I'm not sure Redmond will have much of a trade market considering he was available in free agency back in July.  If other teams wanted him, they might have offered more than the minimum.  (I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't think there's going to be a market for him.)

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not sure Redmond will have much of a trade market considering he was available in free agency back in July.  If other teams wanted him, they might have offered more than the minimum.  (I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't think there's going to be a market for him.)

You're probably right but if the Habs do try and send him down he'll have to pass through waivers and I think a team will claim him.  Even if MB gets a 6th round pick it's better than nothing.  Same for Condon.

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:01 AM, Stogey24 said:

Kind of weak?

Ok, really small, and really weak, and quite possibly the worst bottom 6 ever on a Habs lineup, better cigar? ;)

emelin has looked good all tournament playing what is essentially top pairing minutes...

maybe he has finally come full circle since that late ACL injury of 2 seasons ago. now in his 3rd season post OP, maybe we'll see the guy who was playing pretty good hockey pre contract, pre knee!

Guest Stogey24
4 hours ago, KoRP said:

Ok, really small, and really weak, and quite possibly the worst bottom 6 ever on a Habs lineup, better cigar? ;)

Umm, yes! 

I think the softness of this bottom 6 actually gives McCarron a better shot at making the team out of camp though

2 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

emelin has looked good all tournament playing what is essentially top pairing minutes...

maybe he has finally come full circle since that late ACL injury of 2 seasons ago. now in his 3rd season post OP, maybe we'll see the guy who was playing pretty good hockey pre contract, pre knee!

For me, the more intriguing thing with Emelin has been that he's playing his off-side (with Markov as his partner) for most of the tournament.  That gives the Habs a bit more flexibility on their back end if they think he can handle even a third pairing role on the right side.  Could a Barberio-Emelin third pairing work for example?

18 hours ago, JGC21 said:

My lineup are all the players with one way contracts so if a Lehkonen or McCarron make the team, then bodies will have to go through waivers to make room for them.

Waivers is NOT based on whether a player has a one-way or two-way contract. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Waivers is NOT based on whether a player has a one-way or two-way contract. 

Right.  Doesn't change the fact that both will need to pass through waivers in order to be sent to St.Johns.  And both will be claimed IMO.

42 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Right.  Doesn't change the fact that both will need to pass through waivers in order to be sent to St.Johns.  And both will be claimed IMO.

What team needs a goalie right now?  And there will be others on waivers (Berra, possibly J-F Berube to name a couple on top of the usual suspects like Peters, Budaj, and other fringe veterans).  I could see him possibly passing through unclaimed although his contract would be enticing for a cap-strapped team.

Guest Stogey24

Condon lost his starting role to Keith Kinkaid at the world hockey championships in spring.  He's a dime a dozen. 

I'm sure he'll be placed on waivers and make it to St. John's. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

With Lindgren, Fucale, McNiven, Hawkey etc... in the system and with Condon's age... I wouldn't even care if we lost him to waivers.

Agreed.  I would rather see Lindgren and Fucale in St. Johns.  If he doesn't get claimed (which I'm betting her will) I don't want him on the IceCaps.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 8:51 PM, dlbalr said:

What team needs a goalie right now?  And there will be others on waivers (Berra, possibly J-F Berube to name a couple on top of the usual suspects like Peters, Budaj, and other fringe veterans).  I could see him possibly passing through unclaimed although his contract would be enticing for a cap-strapped team.

San Jose are the only ones who come to mind.

But they do have one (Dell)  Condon like goalie in their system though.