Barberio Pateryn

Pacioretty Stamkos Gallagher

Yakupov Galchenyuk Eberle

Carr Danault Andrighetto

Byron De la Rose Mitchell

Yandle Subban

Beaulieu Petry

Barberio Pateryn

I see you were able to trade Eller, Plekanec and Markov for Eberle and Yakupov, nice work. Not to out do yourself, you then were able to snatch up Stamkos and Yandle away from 29 other teams. Sounds easy enough

I see you were able to trade Eller, Plekanec and Markov for Eberle and Yakupov, nice work. Not to out do yourself, you then were able to snatch up Stamkos and Yandle away from 29 other teams. Sounds easy enough

And Emelin, Flynn gone also, maybe is his (and many HabsFans) fantasy team roster?

Yakapov eh, are we sure Lehkonen or Hudon wont be a better players in long run? Adding $11m/yr Stamkos will play havoc with future salary cap wont it? Unless Galchenyuk's play falls off a cliff and Beaulieu dosent improve.

Three youngsters playing centre...hmm? And dlbalr suggested de la Rose's play at end of year was not worthy of NHL (so Flynn might bump him) and I assume thinks he should start in AHL for more seasoning.

Isnt Yandle overrated and sucks in own end, which Rangers paid for (and produced only 3 more points than Markov had last year and 10 less than he the year before)?

Pleks would be perfect for the Oilers next year. Responsible vet, consummate pro, reliable in any situation. Too old to fit into long term plans though.

I don't think the Oil have the luxury of thinking long term. They need results. I think you're right that Pleks would help them, but we, of course, would need a second-line C to replace him, either in the return from EDM, or on the UFA market.

And Emelin, Flynn gone also, maybe is his (and many HabsFans) fantasy team roster?

Yakapov eh, are we sure Lehkonen or Hudon wont be a better players in long run? Adding $11m/yr Stamkos will play havoc with future salary cap wont it? Unless Galchenyuk's play falls off a cliff and Beaulieu dosent improve.

Three youngsters playing centre...hmm? And dlbalr suggested de la Rose's play at end of year was not worthy of NHL (so Flynn might bump him) and I assume thinks he should start in AHL for more seasoning.

Isnt Yandle overrated and sucks in own end, which Rangers paid for (and produced only 3 more points than Markov had last year and 10 less than he the year before)?

Aye its a distraction thread. And Desharnais too! So that's Plek, Eller, DD, Emelin & Markov Out! I find that concept refreshing. And, my post is more conceptual. You can interchange the players depending on preference and forecast but but I'd try and do this 'extreme' overhaul. I'm well aware that in reality only a faction of the aforementioned moves would come to fruition.

I;d rather start the season with Yakupov in the NHL and Hudon, Lehkonen, McCarron, Scherbak and Logan Brown in the AHL. If anything Carr's LW3 and Matteau's demotion are the only variations.

Yak & Chucky attached at the hip through camp. Pray that Sarnia Sting Sedin Sync is innate.

• Upvote 1

Aye its a distraction thread. And Desharnais too! So that's Plek, Eller, DD, Emelin & Markov Out! I find that concept refreshing. And, my post is more conceptual. You can interchange the players depending on preference and forecast but but I'd try and do this 'extreme' overhaul. I'm well aware that in reality only a faction of the aforementioned moves would come to fruition.

I;d rather start the season with Yakupov in the NHL and Hudon, Lehkonen, McCarron, Scherbak and Logan Brown in the AHL. If anything Carr's LW3 and Matteau's demotion are the only variations.

Yak & Chucky attached at the hip through camp. Pray that Sarnia Sting Sedin Sync is innate.

Kid Hudon has put his time in already, hasn't he?

Don't get great feeling about Nail making impact on any team.

But, who knows.

Brown's 18. He's two years away from being AHL-eligible.

Brown's 18. He's two years away from being AHL-eligible.

I was just Implying I hope they draft him.

Anyhow.

Im sorry for my irrational post.

Anyhow.

Don't be sorry, this is what a distraction thread is all about! I thought your lineup was fun to read, I don't think anyone including you is trying to suggest it could actually happen

So to tweak your lineup

Pacioretty Stamkos Okposo

Lehkonen/Hudon Galchenyuk Gallagher

Carr Danault Andrighetto

Byron Mitchell Flynn

Barrie Subban

Beaulieu Petry

Barberio Pateryn

traded the 9th pick 45th pick and Reway for Barrie and a 3rd

No matter who drafts him, Logan Brown will NOT be in the AHL....

its NHL or OHL for him.

As for chuck and yak, they played together 1 season, 6 years ago. I'm not sure if that was "chemistry" or two dominant junior players playing together on a line.

No matter who drafts him, Logan Brown will NOT be in the AHL....

its NHL or OHL for him.

As for chuck and yak, they played together 1 season, 6 years ago. I'm not sure if that was "chemistry" or two dominant junior players playing together on a line.

:monkey:

Next time Im hypothetically trading Price for Bernier & Bozak. Just to really push you guys over the edge.

Don't be sorry, this is what a distraction thread is all about! I thought your lineup was fun to read, I don't think anyone including you is trying to suggest it could actually happen

So to tweak your lineup

Pacioretty Stamkos Okposo

Lehkonen/Hudon Galchenyuk Gallagher

Carr Danault Andrighetto

Byron Mitchell Flynn

Barrie Subban

Beaulieu Petry

Barberio Pateryn

traded the 9th pick 45th pick and Reway for Barrie and a 3rd

But Im drafting Logan Brown 9th to keep him in the ECHL,

Anyhow.

No worries. I like to try to clarify these things as not everyone knows the rules for AHL eligibility. If it's just a matter of you hoping the Habs draft him, that's fine.

On the tsn site they have this offseason plan for the habs. They have already added David Perron to our LW depth... Do they know something we dont?

Cullen likes to speculate on potential signings and adds them to the depth chart. It's not an actual indication that there's an agreement already in place.

It seems as though any hypothetical roster for next season needs to include Mike Brown.

:huh:

I know that MB likes Victor Bartley, having felt that he was buried under Nashville's heap of defensive depth. So that's fair enough - it's the GM's prerogative to sign guys he believes have untapped upside - and Bartley will be signed with the intention of playing mostly in St. John's. No harm done. It's Brown that bothers me. I feel like the Habs have a long and undistinguished history of dressing guys like him - middleweight 'energy'-players-cum-fighters entering their declining years, imported in from elsewhere because the organization seems incapable of developing a really good pugilist despite recurringly feeling the need for one. I also think players like him tend to look disproportionately good when they come to a crap team, a situation in which anyone who players with oomph and conviction stands out.

The contract presumably will be small enough to be painlessly absorbed. But I don't like it; it just feels like a move from the Houle/Andre Savard era somehow, or one of the Goat's patented fourth-line fill-ins. Besides which, the era of guys whose fists are their primary asset is going the way of the line-brawl. Bleh.

(Danault kinda gives me the same sort of vibe, BTW - like he's Patrick Poulin for the Bergevin era).

Brown is a scrub... I'd rather have lessio in the lineup.

No question. I'm one of those who liked Lessio a lot - he has a really intriguing game IMHO.

Anyway, let's hope that after July 1 we have some significant moves to chat about, and this sort of small beer no longer matters. The Perron idea is interesting, but his numbers seem really uneven. Is he a legit top-6 FW, or more of a Higgins-style top-9er?

Without a Brown, is there enough 'grit' for post whistle BS and cheap shots? I assume you need at least one forward who is willing to drop the gloves to stand up for teammate, not a goon but player like a Wayne Simmonds or Hartnell?

Too bad Lessio seems to have hands of stone, but he is only 23, can skate for a bigger guy and score at AHL level at least.

This is what I was crunching numbers on. It was at work so I don't have those numbers handy atm.

Lucic - Stamkos - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Carr - Danault - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Matteau

Hamuis/Russel - Subban

Markov - Petry

Beaulieu - Barberio

If I ran the numbers right, trading Desharnais, Emelin, Plekanec and Eller, we should have about 3m in cap space. this way we have 1a and 1b lines and top 2 defence pair can share minute, giving Markov a break when needed. Never tried to work yak into one of those trades to drop Andrighetto to the 3rd line and Matteau/Byron for the wing on the 4th. One can only dream.

This is what I was crunching numbers on. It was at work so I don't have those numbers handy atm.

Lucic - Stamkos - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Carr - Danault - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Matteau

Hamuis/Russel - Subban

Markov - Petry

Beaulieu - Barberio

If I ran the numbers right, trading Desharnais, Emelin, Plekanec and Eller, we should have about 3m in cap space. this way we have 1a and 1b lines and top 2 defence pair can share minute, giving Markov a break when needed. Never tried to work yak into one of those trades to drop Andrighetto to the 3rd line and Matteau/Byron for the wing on the 4th. One can only dream.

Nice work! Except for Patrick Poulin as third-line C. Can't have everything, I guess.

How are the Habs going to move those four without taking any salary back?