Charlie Lindgren Signs with Habs

Stats;

22yr old

6'2" 190lb

30-9-1

2.13gaa

.925%

5 shutouts

(wonder if working with Waite and playing next to Price was big deciding factor in choosing Habs?)

So MB waives the guy he trades Kassian for. Yeh!! Waits until tinordi I worth nothing before trading him - yeh!

This year has brought back memories of Houle and tremblay. All that has been missing is that weasel Corey in the background.

So MB waives the guy he trades Kassian for. Yeh!! Waits until tinordi I worth nothing before trading him - yeh!

This year has brought back memories of Houle and tremblay. All that has been missing is that weasel Corey in the background.

The Kassian file was certainly blown. MB's mistake was that he told Kassian upon acquiring him that he would only get one chance and had better not screw it up. Having thus painted himself into a corner, Bergevin's choice, once Kassian proceeded to screw up, was either to go back on his word or trade the kid when his value was at its absolute lowest. I can't blame him for not eating his own words - a GM has to maintain his credibility - but I do blame him for not leaving himself any wiggle-room in the first place. He should have strongly implied that Kassian would only get one chance, but not actually come out and said it.

I think the Tinordi case is more complicated, but since I don't see Tinordi as a player, it doesn't trouble me much. It's true, though, that we should have gotten back more than we did, and could have done so had MB not decided to sit him out for five months or whatever it was.

The Kassian file was certainly blown. MB's mistake was that he told Kassian upon acquiring him that he would only get one chance and had better not screw it up. Having thus painted himself into a corner, Bergevin's choice, once Kassian proceeded to screw up, was either to go back on his word or trade the kid when his value was at its absolute lowest. I can't blame him for not eating his own words - a GM has to maintain his credibility - but I do blame him for not leaving himself any wiggle-room in the first place. He should have strongly implied that Kassian would only get one chance, but not actually come out and said it.

I think the Tinordi case is more complicated, but since I don't see Tinordi as a player, it doesn't trouble me much. It's true, though, that we should have gotten back more than we did, and could have done so had MB not decided to sit him out for five months or whatever it was.

Let's face it players have an off year and our GM just had one. Actually a lot of teams would fire him after this year. But he will get another chance. I will really become a non fan of MB if he does not fire Le Genius. This has gone way too far.

Ya, sure miss that awesome offense from Kassian, he has what?... 3 whole goals with Oilers (same pace as Brown with Habs ) and is really helping that team do well.

Kassian's last 25 games.... 4 points, 4 game misconducts.

He's really making Bergevin look bad.

Alex Lyon was the goalie I was hoping for since he had been touted as the best one available but Lindgren seems like a really nice addition as well. I'd have preferred that they not need to burn one of the years this season but that was a requirement for him to sign by the sounds of it.

A small CBA note, this is contract slot #49 for the Habs. If they're still after college guys (there are some decent forwards out there), they'll only be able to dangle the 'burn a year now' carrot once more.

Ya, sure miss that awesome offense from Kassian, he has what?... 3 whole goals with Oilers (same pace as Brown with Habs ) and is really helping that team do well.

Kassian doesn't have the hands to be more than a fringe forward. Of all the "chagrin" I've had this year, Kasshole isn't included.

Charlie is a fine name, a shame more kids aren't named Charles. My middle name is Charles, anglicized version of my father's middle name. (Carlos)

And if anybody cares, I wanted to name my dog either Bowser or Nitro, but I already picked the breed and lost that argument. (Tucker, meh)

• Upvote 1

I really don't think that is the point Don. Poor management is poor management.

Possibly HR, but not losing any sleep over Kassian trades, or trying Semin, Scrivins, Pelly in the roster. Cant remember what others he screwed up on? Was that it?

I would assume Lindgren will get one game before end of year?...unless #31 steps in I suppose.