2016 HW Playoff Pool

dlbalr

promo.png

The playoffs are almost here and our annual HabsWorld playoff pool is now open. With CBC no longer running pools, we're running it through Sportsnet for the second straight year. It's the same format as always, you have a salary cap of 30 points to fill out your 12-player roster. You get to change your roster at the end of the first and second rounds.

Pool Home Page: http://fantasy2.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet/hkplayoff16/home

Search for HabsWorld Playoff Pool (Click H or type in the name)
Password is habsworld (all lower case)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The most difficult thing about this pool is to remain focus and not forget about it when it comes down to round 3 and 4 when June is around...

The most difficult thing about this pool is to remain focus and not forget about it when it comes down to round 3 and 4 when June is around...

It's not that hard to remember. When the round is over, make new picks. Do that after each round until you can't anymore.

Is this one also only open to Canadians?

I would imagine so. There aren't leagues out there that open it up to both now, at least none that I've found. Even the new free Yahoo fantasy playoff one is technically only open to Americans even though anyone worldwide can play during the regular season. I believe on the registration page you have to enter a town, province, and a postal code. Unless you have expectations of winning the entire thing, you could probably get away with inventing something to bypass the location element.

It's not that hard to remember. When the round is over, make new picks. Do that after each round until you can't anymore.

It is VERY hard Brian !!! Don't you see that I'm still trying to make excuses for one of my defeat like 3 years ago ?

It is VERY hard Brian !!! Don't you see that I'm still trying to make excuses for one of my defeat like 3 years ago ?

Don't you post reminders here every year? :)

Are they ing kidding me ?!?!

Trying to loggin to the pool, they ask for my e-mail and password.

It links to my account and they ask me to complete my profile.

Questions include city - province - postal code.

Choices for Province are (no joke) :

Alberta

British Columbia

Manitoba

New Brunswick

Newfoundland-Labrador

Nova Scotia

Northwest Territories

ing Nunavut

Ontario

P-E-I

Saskatchewan

Yukon

Other

No show for Quebec.

Go yourself Sportsnet. Seriously.

Blame Quebec laws on lotteries. I don't think they can legally give away the prize in Quebec.

From the rules page....

ELIGIBILITY.

1. The Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of registration.

Guest Stogey24

Are they ######ing kidding me ?!?!Trying to loggin to the pool, they ask for my e-mail and password.It links to my account and they ask me to complete my profile.Questions include city - province - postal code.Choices for Province are (no joke) :AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland-LabradorNova ScotiaNorthwest Territories######ing NunavutOntarioP-E-ISaskatchewanYukonOtherNo show for Quebec.Go ###### yourself Sportsnet. Seriously.

Haha.

Blame Quebec laws on lotteries. I don't think they can legally give away the prize in Quebec.

From the rules page....

ELIGIBILITY.

• The Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of registration.

Aaaahhhhhh. Legit then. Fair enough. (guilty of not reading the rules at all and accepting them anyway hahaha...)

Aaaahhhhhh. Legit then. Fair enough. (guilty of not reading the rules at all and accepting them anyway hahaha...)

That still sucks man.

• 2 weeks later...

The deadline is Apr. 28th to submit Round 2 picks. Any points scored tomorrow by TB/NYI players will count towards the Round 2 score - at least according to the e-mail.

Talking about an incentive to grab Nelson or Strome...

• 3 weeks later...