Lafleur comments about Subban

DON

TSN690 were discussing #10's comments from yesterday.

Lafleur "Yvon, if a teammate of ours was like that back when we played...he would of got a stick in the side of his head." on Subban over the top antics/cheerleading around dressing room.

TSN690 were discussing #10's comments from yesterday.

Lafleur "Yvon, if a teammate of ours was like that back when we played...he would of got a stick in the side of his head." on Subban over the top antics/cheerleading around dressing room.

Maybe he wants five-pack-a-day smoking to come back into the game, too, like when he played.

What I really liked in that interview was his statement that the Habs don't need a French-speaking coach. You tell 'em, Flower!

Lafleur speaking about Joe Thornton and Brent Burns beards.

“I think it’s a disgrace for hockey. I hate it. It’s not a good image for the NHL. I don’t mind a guy wearing a beard, but to his belly … enough is enough. The team’s managers should put their foot down." said the chain-smoking, disco-dancing, drunk driving, ex-NHL'er that lied under oath and was an accessory to his son committing statutory rape.

Credit to LWOS writer Shawn Wilken on that one.

Actually it was about Subban. Lafleur was asked about a number of topics and players by stu cowan on an interview yesterday - which was probably followed up by tsn. Here's what is specifically asked about Subban:

Do you see a bit of yourself in P.K. Subban?

"No. I was not loud like that. I was outgoing. I was right beside the dressing room one night with Yvan Cournoyer and P.K. was outside screaming and dangling and Yvan looks at me and says: It wouldnt have worked out in our days. Somebody would have smacked him with a stick."

I" dont know P.K. personally, but Im sure that Kirks going to help him a lot."

So Lafleur was actually quoting Cournoyer (allegedly).

On Subban being left off Team Canada for the World Cup of Hockey:

I was surprised because hes got so much talent. I dont know why? Is it because hes too loud? I dont know.

The following is the question about Thornton/Burns:

On the wild beards Sharks players Joe Thornton and Brent Burns have:

To me to see the Sharks with the long beards, I think its a disgrace for hockey. I hate it. Its not a good image for the NHL. I dont mind a guy wearing a beard, but to his belly enough is enough. The teams managers should put their foot down. They cant see the puck (laughs). Thats why theyre struggling.

Lafleur speaking about Joe Thornton and Brent Burns beards.

I think its a disgrace for hockey. I hate it. Its not a good image for the NHL. I dont mind a guy wearing a beard, but to his belly enough is enough. The teams managers should put their foot down." said the chain-smoking, disco-dancing, drunk driving, ex-NHL'er that lied under oath and was an accessory to his son committing statutory rape.

Credit to LWOS writer Shawn Wilken on that one.

I don't know why you quoted me... but the beard issue was clearly talking about Burns and Thornton, even if he talked about Subban in other parts of the interview.

Whatever though, Lafleur was a great hockey player, but he's a despicable and detestable human being.

He's also becoming the living embodiment of this.

91sn32Q.jpg?fb

• Upvote 2

Maybe he wants five-pack-a-day smoking to come back into the game, too, like when he played.

What I really liked in that interview was his statement that the Habs don't need a French-speaking coach. You tell 'em, Flower!

Just seems odd, arnt any of the old Habs a fan of Subban?

I don't know that he is not a fan. He was pretty clear in the interview saying that things have changed and it's a new generation. I go a little crazy showing off when I have an audience at times. I'm sure my friends would like to smack me with a stick now and them. Lol

Just seems odd, arnt any of the old Habs a fan of Subban?

Ken Dryden has been mostly positive about Subban. Said it was good for someone with a superstar's ability to have a superstar attitude (when Subban said he could probably score on Dryden) did an interview with him and discussed the interview in a mostly positive light that Sportsnet gave the title of "Dryden: Can't compare Subban to Orr" Said it was terrific he wants to be special and different.

Ken Dryden has been mostly positive about Subban. Said it was good for someone with a superstar's ability to have a superstar attitude (when Subban said he could probably score on Dryden) did an interview with him and discussed the interview in a mostly positive light that Sportsnet gave the title of "Dryden: Can't compare Subban to Orr" Said it was terrific he wants to be special and different.

Nice, hadn't heard that.

Whatever though, Lafleur was a great hockey player, but he's a despicable and detestable human being.

Jeez, going a little overboard are we? This isn't freakin' Luka Magnotta we're talking about here.

Jeez, going a little overboard are we? This isn't freakin' Luka Magnotta we're talking about here.

No, just someone who thinks its okay for his son to rape underage girls and even helps him do it by driving him to the hotel and then lying under oath. Oh and also someone who gets plastered and drives his car afterwards.

Sorry, but I don't have respect for him as a person.

The age of consent is 16. His girlfriend was 16 when lafleur drove him to the hotel. Broke curfew but I don't believe he assisted.

http://www.canada.com/mobile/iphone/story.html?id=3f8437b4-aac9-464e-99a9-35430cac3a0c

His son has been charged countless times for assault and impaired driving. Guy still had the gall to claim the only reason his son is ever put in front of a judge is because his last name is Lafleur.

The age of consent is 16. His girlfriend was 16 when lafleur drove him to the hotel. Broke curfew but I don't believe he assisted.

His son was under a restraining order with a woman who accused him of sexual assault between the ages of 14-17.

Lafleur helped his son break that restraining order and drove him to the hotel so he could meet with this woman for the purposes of having sex.

He then lied under oath about it.

Add to that, the fact he has numerous DUIs.

No way around this... great hockey player... despicable human being. Sorry if I don't forgive him being a douchebag off the ice, cause he scored some goals on it.

• Upvote 2

The jury has spoken...oh the outrage of this enlightened generation! :1vomit:

So anyway, since this is a hockey discussion forum, and not a moral ground of generations before us discussion forum, Lafleur was a great player, and aside from his "wild" side, just may have some real insight into hockey in Montreal and being a Canadiens cup winner a few times.

Can anyone get their head around that I wonder? :crazy:

Rumour thread...

Subban won't be traded I have heard.

So anyway, since this is a hockey discussion forum, and not a moral ground of generations before us discussion forum, Lafleur was a great player, and aside from his "wild" side, just may have some real insight into hockey in Montreal and being a Canadiens cup winner a few times.

Rumour thread...

There was an article the other day suggesting that there were as many as eight teams in Russian whatever league threatened with expulsion from the league if they didn't pay up players salaries. Seems to me that there has to be a glut of good players that we could get on the cheap, if they want to see a payday at all. That could go a long ways in solving our cap problem.

His son was under a restraining order with a woman who accused him of sexual assault between the ages of 14-17.

Lafleur helped his son break that restraining order and drove him to the hotel so he could meet with this woman for the purposes of having sex.

No way around this... great hockey player... despicable human being. Sorry if I don't forgive him being a douchebag off the ice, cause he scored some goals on it.

His son definitely appears to be a troubled kid who deserves to be imprisoned. Giving someone a ride to a hotel? Probably not enough to make me hate him.

oh god no say it ain't so. Did this incident affect your life in some way? Cause it sure hell meant shit to me.

oh god no say it ain't so. Did this incident affect your life in some way? Cause it sure hell meant shit to me.

that's fine... you can choose to be silent when a young girl is being raped... i choose not to be silent, even though i don't know her.

Even if its the son of a guy who scored a bunch of goals for my favorite hockey team... cause clearly thats the important thing that affects my life.

His son definitely appears to be a troubled kid who deserves to be imprisoned. Giving someone a ride to a hotel? Probably not enough to make me hate him.

Giving him a ride in full knowledge that what he was going to do there was violate a restraining order, and meet up with a girl he had previously committed statuatory rape against when she was 14 (just so we are clear, it wasn't just a ride to a hotel... it was a ride that allowed the "troubled kid who deserves to be imprisoned" (your words) to keep committing the same crime over and over again).

Rumour thread...

He has natural god given talent to skate fast and shoot hard.

There is reason he never got a C or an A, there is a reason he never got a job in any meaningful coaching or management capacity too.

he's an idiot.

• Upvote 1

Brian can you move the lafleur stuff to a more suitable location? I wish to argue more about it. Thanks

Done.

To everyone, if this goes where I fear it may go, please be civil about it and don't make it personal.

Done.

To everyone, if this goes where I fear it may go, please be civil about it and don't make it personal.

Good call. I don't take things personally or get personal as a rule. Just bored and found something to argue about. Haha

He has natural god given talent to skate fast and shoot hard.

There is reason he never got a C or an A, there is a reason he never got a job in any meaningful coaching or management capacity too.

he's an idiot.

Lol, I'll take your word on that I guess. I always wondered about the way the end of his days were handled in Mtl, being an idiot would certainly explain it.

Good ol' boys are defined and looked at differently these days...