2016 Free Agency - July 1st, who do Habs target?

JGC21

I'm still not against Staal. I'm just not sure what the asking price would be for him

IMO, I think he's done as a legit top-6 player and I'd much prefer a natural winger.

IMO, I think he's done as a legit top-6 player and I'd much prefer a natural winger.

With Bergevin new insistence on veteran leadership and towing the company line it seems Staal might be the type of guy hes targeting....?

I think he goes after Ladd as a top priority. They need size and grit in the top 6

Ladd is spending the night at Doug Weight's house in Long Island. The Islanders are courting him hard. LeBrun said he knows the Habs are interested but doesn't see them as #1 on his list.

Ladd is spending the night at Doug Weight's house in Long Island. The Islanders are courting him hard. LeBrun said he knows the Habs are interested but doesn't see them as #1 on his list.

Yeah, I heard that Ladd was looking for a place to play that's easy for his family to adjust to - that ain't MTL.

At this point, I have my sights set on Brouwer.

I don't want to overpay for anyone. It's almost the opposite of what I usually (secretly) hope for on UFA-day. I hope Bergevin signs no one. I don't want Ladd, Backes, Staal, Brouwer for 5-6 yrs are $5M +. I have no idea how Bergevin will plug the holes on this roster.

I agree that Perron is a likely target. There were rumors a couple (or maybe 3) years ago at the trade deadline that Bergevin was interested in Perron from the Oilers. Wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin takes a run at Ladd, Brouwer, and Versteeg either. He seems to like the Chicago connection.

Cross out Okposo.

#TSN690 @GagnonFrancois according to his sources "Kyle Okposo has 0 interest in coming to MTL & wouldn't even look at a envelop from them"

https://twitter.com/Starr690/status/748476555488301056

Can't blame him, he is probably looking to play for an organization with competent management that actually wants to win.

I'm starting to think so too. Seems like Lucic Edmonton or Dallas, Ladd bunking up with Doug Weight on long island, Okposo wants no part of MTL.

Perron --> MTL

Lucic --> EDM

Ladd --> NYI

Okposo --> DET